What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J480 Wet-Test  (Read 18747 times)

Micah

Re: Jacuzzi J480 Wet-Test
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 08:46:05 pm »

Ah, 50 mg. I believe you had a typo earlier because it said 3 mg (unless I read it wrong)
I was the one that said 3.2 mg.  If you look at the spec sheet on a dell m-16 (the most commonly used ozone) it produces 3.2 mg of ozone per hour.  Another words it is a ozone used strictly for marketing, not for clean water.  
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 08:46:05 pm »

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 11:19:02 pm »
I'm so confused....  :-?

A lot of good info on this board.  More than I could even have imagined before I started shopping for a spa.

Ok, so no matter which spa I go with, I want to ask about the ozonator, and get one that is 200mg to 250mg rather than a 30-50mg unit.

As for a Jacuzzi 400 series lift, appears to be differing opinion.  Jim says Leisure Concepts makes a special lift to accomodate the height of the waterfall, and it stands straight up.  Micah says a Covermate lift would work and would only extend about a foot above the back of the waterfall.  My dealer says I can't put a lift off the back of the waterfall due to its height.  And all three of you are Jacuzzi dealers.  No wonder consumers just go to Costco....  ;D

Micah

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 11:27:25 pm »
Dax,
Jim is correct that a specialy made cover lifter is made that stands strait up(covermateIII 400 edition) you can also use the covermate I and allow the cover to drop down behind the spa. Downside to CMI is that it is a little harder to operate on a 400 series due to the raised back.  Tomorrow I am going to attach a "Rock It" on a J-465 to see how it will work.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 09:00:10 am »
Dax,
Tomorrow I am going to attach a "Rock It" on a J-465 to see how it will work.

Please report back.  Thanks!

Of course, now that I think about it, the cover extended up fully over the waterfall wouldn't be an issue   I could place the spa so that side is closer to the house so as not to block any view.

FWIW, the local Hot Springs & Sundance dealer has an ad in the paper today advertising a sale on all spas and 12 months, no interest financing.

I really need to make a decision and get a spa ordered so I have it when my deck/patio project is complete in a few weeks.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 10:49:50 am »

FWIW, the local Hot Springs & Sundance dealer has an ad in the paper today advertising a sale on all spas and 12 months, no interest financing.

I really need to make a decision and get a spa ordered so I have it when my deck/patio project is complete in a few weeks.

I disagree. You need to order the spa when you are mentally ready and sure of what you want rather than let the deadline of matching the completion of your patio drive you into makingthe final decision. Keep pluggin away until you are sure.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 11:04:41 am »

I disagree. You need to order the spa when you are mentally ready and sure of what you want rather than let the deadline of matching the completion of your patio drive you into makingthe final decision. Keep pluggin away until you are sure.

So being that I have it narrowed down to two - the Sundance Cameo or Jacuzzi J480 - I shouldn't just flip a coin?  ::)

Both would fit the family and I well.  Both appear to be quality spas.  Both have similar warranties.  Both are within $500 of each other.  A friend purchased from and recommended the one dealer.  Nobody I know purchased from the other dealer.  But both have been in business since I can remember.  How does one finally decide?

A coin really doesn't sound all that bad...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 11:07:53 am »

So being that I have it narrowed down to two - the Sundance Cameo or Jacuzzi J480 - I shouldn't just flip a coin?  ::)

Both would fit the family and I well.  Both appear to be quality spas.  Both have similar warranties.  Both are within $500 of each other.  A friend purchased from and recommended the one dealer.  Nobody I know purchased from the other dealer.  But both have been in business since I can remember.  How does one finally decide?

A coin really doesn't sound all that bad...

Easy, make the wife choose, really! Now if she's smart she won't bite and will make you decide!!

I might lean to the dealer you feel more comfrortable with if they really are in a tie.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 11:16:36 am »

Easy, make the wife choose, really! Now if she's smart she won't bite and will make you decide!!

I might lean to the dealer you feel more comfrortable with if they really are in a tie.

My wife wants nothing to do with the decision.  She's leaving it all up to me.  Well, except for the choice of colors.

Both dealers were excellent and gave me all the information I could want and made me feel comfortable.  I did eliminate one brand of spa because the dealer appeared as if he didn't want to be bothered.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 01:12:04 pm »
 From a price stand point I would choose the Jacuzzi that is a really good price on a J-480 lowest I have ever gone is 10,995.00

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2007, 01:13:49 pm »
I hate the fact that JAquizzi doens't show a top view of thier tubs on the net.  What the hell?

I was going to say go with the 480 for the foot dome, but screw jaquizzi, tell them you're not buying their tub because thier online graphics are crap.  :P

/wow- I am in a bad mood today.
07 Caldera Geneva

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 01:24:45 pm »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:25:29 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

morecowbell

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 01:41:24 pm »
J-480 sells for $11,999 in my market, no stereo.
You are getting a great price.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 02:47:30 pm »
I hate the fact that JAquizzi doens't show a top view of thier tubs on the net.  What the hell?

I was going to say go with the 480 for the foot dome, but screw jaquizzi, tell them you're not buying their tub because thier online graphics are crap.  :P

/wow- I am in a bad mood today.
 :-?    Check their website again. It's there.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 03:54:48 pm »

What does this have to do with my Jacuzzi questions?  ;D

I liked the lounger on the Cameo as it fit me well.  I also liked that three of the seating positions had neck jets so my wife and I won't be arguing over one seating position.  Also like the jets and controls as well as the look.  The wife liked the waterfall and LED lighting.  Just my own personal preference.  Yours may vary.  Drawback is that you need to replace the filters rather than clean them.

Dax

If you don't like the disposable filter (notice filter, not filters) on the Cameo, there is a standard pleated filter you can purchase in its place.  This need not be a drawback.  

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 11:02:10 pm »
Can any of you Jacuzzi salesmen post a pic of a 400 series spa with the special Cover Mate lift, or point me to a pic of it?  Can't find it anywhere.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 11:02:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42