What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any owners of Jacuzzi J465 or HS Envoy?  (Read 8277 times)

62VW

Any owners of Jacuzzi J465 or HS Envoy?
« on: May 15, 2007, 05:48:57 pm »
Hello, mostly been lurking here for the past few weeks and found the forum to be extremely helpful in my research to purchase a new spa.  At this point, I have narrowed my choices down to two. HS Envoy and the Jacuzzi J465.  
I would appreciate hearing owners opinions and experiences concerning either spa.
Thanks in advance.

-62VW

Hot Tub Forum

Any owners of Jacuzzi J465 or HS Envoy?
« on: May 15, 2007, 05:48:57 pm »

eightisenough

Re: Any owners of Jacuzzi J465 or HS Envoy?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 06:01:42 pm »
me too.  I also saw the Sundance Cameom today and really liked the looks of it, have to make sure my petite wife wold not drown while sitting.   The jacuzzi seemed very deep, she barely fit in the Envoy.

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 07:43:54 pm »
I'm 5'1 and about 115 lbs, J is 6' and up to 160 (he was 135 when we got the tub) and we have had an Envoy for about 18 months.  We absolutely love the tub and both fit in it well.  We use the lounger, the corner seat to to the right of the head of the lounger, and the seat directly to the right of that seat the most.  We trade off on those 3 seats each night.  I don't fit in the lounger propery, but I have found a way that works for me and because I love the moto I love the lounge.  Plus after I use the lounge, I sit on the knees to cool off and massage my feet in the foot well.  

If you have a short person in the family, you can keep the water level a little low, just make sure to keep the neck jets covered, but it helps a little to not feel like you are drowning.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 09:36:09 pm »
I'm an Envoy lover myself. I'm 6'1" and the lounger is my favorite seat. Make sure you wet test because some people will float out of it.

Brooke, how did J gain so much weight? Can you give us more detail on how you use your favorite seats?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 10:51:32 pm »
LOL, I think J gained weight cause he turned 35.  No other clue what it could be... I tried for 12+ years and couldn't get him over 135.

Problem is he just had his blood tested and his heart no looky so good.... so I've made him change his diet significantly.  We have always been a meat, eggs, white bread, potatoes, pasta, cheese, ice cream etc. family who ate nothing but full fat, full sugar, full flavor.  Not anymore... we are eating low fat cheese, whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, chicken, fish, egg beaters, frozen yogurt, etc etc.  He has already lost 5lbs.

Not sure what kind of detail you want on how I use the seats??

Micah

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 11:13:03 pm »
I doubt you will find any J-465 owners.  The model was released in late march and most stores didnt get it untill early april.  We had one on the floor for lest than a week and our floor model was delivered. Hopefully the next one will be on the floor a little longer.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 09:13:16 am »
I'm in the same quandary.  I've wet-tested the HS Envoy, the Jacuzzi J480 (the J465 was empty), and the Sundance Cameo.  All had a lounger and all appeared to be quality spas with similar features, warranty, and price.  I don't think I could go wrong either way, but I'm leaning towards the Cameo due to the three seats with neck jets.  As others have said, you really need to wet-test for yourself to determine which is best for you.

Didn't go into any financing details about the HS or Sundance, but the Jacuzzi salesman said that starting this weekend through the end of the month, Jacuzzi will offer a 12-month same as cash opportunity.  Can any dealers out there offer any insight into what other manufacturers may offer?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 10:54:23 am »
Finance promotions are typically dealer driven.  Sometimes manufacturers participate or sponsor something.

If that were the deal maker or breaker for what you want ask the dealer if they can do a 12 month SAC deal.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:54:58 am by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 11:04:46 am »
Finance promotions are typically dealer driven.  Sometimes manufacturers participate or sponsor something.

If that were the deal maker or breaker for what you want ask the dealer if they can do a 12 month SAC deal.

... and you REALLY want to pay it off before the 12 months are up!!

These deals cost the dealer a bit more. If he's willing to make that SAC offer then maybe he's willing to give an even better dealer if you pay by check.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 11:08:24 am »

These deals cost the dealer a bit more. If he's willing to make that SAC offer then maybe he's willing to give an even better dealer if you pay by check.

Good idea.  Thanks for the advice!  8-)

Micah

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 11:16:42 am »

These deals cost the dealer a bit more. If he's willing to make that SAC offer then maybe he's willing to give an even better dealer if you pay by check.[/quote
This is true in most cases. Same goes for credit cards.  As for Jacuzzi's current promotion the dealer dosent have to pay very much.  In fact it is cheaper than taking a credit card.  But as to the best deals, I agree with spatech, bring your check book
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 11:17:27 am by Micah »
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 11:16:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42