What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: To fill or not?  (Read 1506 times)

apple

To fill or not?
« on: May 14, 2007, 02:29:08 am »
I am having a sunroom built and they are repouring my concrete. My tub was drained and I spent a couple of hours getting all the water out with a wet-dry vac. Here it is 2 weeks later and I still have no slab (weather and an over-booked concrete guy.) They are now supposed to pour on Wednesday, but it is supposed to rain again. I am afraid of my shell cracking from the heat on the days that it is not raining. My dealer suggested that I fill my tub with super-chlorinated water, but won't it get funky anyway from not circulating. So far the hottest I have seen in the tub was 88 degrees. It was at 5PM on a day that the high was 86. I have since put a canopy over it so it is in the shade. How hot does it have to get before I am in danger of cracking? I really don't want to have bacteria laden water stagnating in my tub if I don't have to. I would appreciate any advice.

Hot Tub Forum

To fill or not?
« on: May 14, 2007, 02:29:08 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: To fill or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 05:41:39 am »
You'll be fine, your tub shell and plumbing is normally 100 or so and a few weeks dry won't hurt it at all. Just wait. If it was going to be dry for a long time 6-8 months I would say you could develop a pump seal problem but a few weeks you will be fine. Wait for them to get done and the set your tub and hook it up.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Re: To fill or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 05:41:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42