What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help - ready to buy  (Read 4452 times)

eightisenough

Help - ready to buy
« on: May 12, 2007, 02:35:15 pm »
I took everyone's advice and wet tested;  Now I am really confused.

I liked the HS Vanguard and Envoy:  $10,400 and $9,400.  Wasn't crazy about the Moto Massage but my petite wife fit.

Thought Marquis Epic was first rate, but not that comfortable in the lounge, but licked a coujple of the other searts.  The salesman was talking badly about Sundance which he said was on the verge of closing down, and Hot Springs and jacuzzi which were just not comparable to the Epic.   The Epic I could get for $10,000 to $10,500.   Seemed to be shallow enough for my wife.

Then to add to the confusion, I looked at the Jacuzzi 300 series and thought they were perfectly fine also and thousands less.  Except they seemed very deep and the salesman said my wife could use a booster seat ( I guess a phone book doesn't work well in water)

I guess my two questions are:

1 - Are these three brands of comparable qualoity, assuming I find a comfortable place in each?  Is there a reaosj to spend thousands more for an Epic?

2 - Is maintenance more of less the same with each, or does one require more than the others?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Help - ready to buy
« on: May 12, 2007, 02:35:15 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help - ready to buy
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 02:49:29 pm »
 Well for one Sundance is not on the verge of going under,and neither is Jacuzzi considering they own Sundance. ::)

Both the spas you mentioned are very nice and each have different features I like the jets in the Jacuzzi better from a feel standpoint also the 24hrs of filtration is nice compared to a main pump kicking off and on 50+ times a day when calling for heat.  

eightisenough

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 03:36:14 pm »
The Marquis dealer sells the Epic for $11,000, maybe $500 to $750 less if I order before MOnday.  Others here have quoted orices of thousands less, when I asked the dealer, he said doing business in NY is more expensive and trucking from Oregon costs more.  Any thoughts?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 03:49:30 pm »
Well for one Sundance is not on the verge of going under,and neither is Jacuzzi considering they own Sundance. ::)

Both the spas you mentioned are very nice and each have different features I like the jets in the Jacuzzi better from a feel standpoint also the 24hrs of filtration is nice compared to a main pump kicking off and on 50+ times a day when calling for heat.  

lol not a fair or accurate statement 50 times a day to call for heat... NO...... ::)....it has 3 settings one of which will monitor the spa and SHOULD it call for heat will than heat however rarely will it need to do so.

24 hrs of filtering does sound nice, but in the 24 hr period the water will be pass through the filters about 20 times, in the Marquis in 4 hrs the water will pass though the filters about 60 times, there are advantages to both systems....
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 04:15:07 pm by Mendocino101 »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 03:53:21 pm »
For me heres the bottom line if you like the Epic best than go to the dealer and simply tell him you are ready to buy, but let him know that he needs to be flexible for you, and simply ask him as a two gentleman to figure a way so that it works for both of you. Hey most everyone wants to be flexible and to try to make things work....its always got to be a win win for all..... :D

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 04:09:56 pm »
In my opinion I would NEVER buy ANYTHING from a dealer that has to resort to Bashing Competition to get a sale. But you wet tested them all go with your GUT! Good luck, we wanna see pictures of your choice!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 04:10:22 pm »

lol not a fair or accurate statement 50 times a day to call for heat... NO...... ::)....it has 3 settings one of which will monitor the spa and SHOULD it call for heat will than heat however rarely will it need to do so.

So if you set your spa at 100* at what point of tempeture loss 97/98/99* does the pump kick on to heat it back up to 100* if set in say a std mode?

Not looking to start anything more or less curious.  :)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 04:19:09 pm »
there are many variables but the thing to keep in mind is how long before you have heat loss. I know from a personal test we had here that was due to a power outage at our start up that our spa in our showroom, ans Yes I know this is much more of a controlled environment so I am not saying this will apply to everything always in the same way, but in five full days we went from 102 to 92, we kept the cover closed and just waited to see what temp it would drop to until our power was restored.

I like the Jacuzzi product if that matters, as competitive product goes..... :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 04:21:29 pm by Mendocino101 »

eightisenough

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 04:22:57 pm »
One more question, the Jacuzzi dealer said he likes the 300 series better than the 400, thought the filtering was actually better.  Any thoughts from the Jacuzzi people here?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 09:34:10 pm »
One more question, the Jacuzzi dealer said he likes the 300 series better than the 400, thought the filtering was actually better.  Any thoughts from the Jacuzzi people here?
Is he saying that because he knows you're really more interested in the 300 series?

In the end, all the spas you mentioned are well thought of brands, get the spa that YOU think is best for your situation.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

MarKee

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 11:14:17 pm »
The price you were quoted on the Epic is definitely reasonable.  They sell for over 10,000 in Oregon.  Keep in mind a lot of people who have bought Epics on this forum bought two years ago when prices were cheaper and less features were standard, for instance the in-home monitor.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 01:43:19 am »
The brands are all quality.  Each has its advocates here.

The models you are comparing might not be comparable.

From your questions, I think your issues may be:

1)  Which spa do you and your wife both like?  
2)  What dealer are you comfotable with?

When you have salespeople lying about other manufacturers rather than selling their products, I suggest you run from there. :-?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

eightisenough

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 08:22:16 am »
Markee thanks a lot, that is my answer.   Have there been many discussion here aboit maintaining tubs without chlorine?   Everyone here is very helpful, and I am lucky to have found this board.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 08:28:01 am »
  Have there been many discussion here aboit maintaining tubs without chlorine?  
There's nothing to discuss. One has to either use a chlorine or bromine routine, period. There are no other primary sanitizers for spas.

eightisenough

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 08:31:51 am »
Why Not, we're talking on two threads.  My "hippie sister" maintains hers w/o chemicals and I thought that was somewhat unusual, but the Jacuzzi salesman yesterday said he would show me how to maintiain w/o chemicals also.

BTW, if I b uy jacuzzi, should I get the optional ozonator?  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 08:31:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42