What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spatopia in 2 days  (Read 1456 times)

tublessnomore

Spatopia in 2 days
« on: May 09, 2007, 07:00:21 pm »
Finally I will be joining the ranks of all the members of this forum who enjoy spatopia.  In just 2 days my new Sundance Capri will be delivered.  As soon as it is up and running, I'll be changnig my name.

Any start-up tips would be a great help.  I've had the water tested and have a print out of what is needed as well as a start up kit.

Hot Tub Forum

Spatopia in 2 days
« on: May 09, 2007, 07:00:21 pm »

D.P. Roberts

Re: Spatopia in 2 days
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 01:37:52 am »
Finally I will be joining the ranks of all the members of this forum who enjoy spatopia.  In just 2 days my new Sundance Capri will be delivered.  As soon as it is up and running, I'll be changnig my name.

Any start-up tips would be a great help.  I've had the water tested and have a print out of what is needed as well as a start up kit.

Congrats! As for startup, make sure you're not using softened water (but you probably knew that already). Some people use cartridge filters that attach to your hose & filter your fill water. I always put an old t-shirt over the hose & tied it on with rubber bands. I was always amazed at how much junk was on the end of that t-shirt after the fill.

So, have you thought of a new name yet? How about tubfull? Tubs a'plenty? Tubless No More?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 01:40:48 am by KevinofOH »
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

tublessnomore

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 05:27:17 pm »
Tubless Nomore was actually one that I was thinking of.  Is it common practice to fill then drain the tub right away?  I read that in the start up kit.  Also, should I go by the sample test print out rather than the start up kit directions?

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 06:05:38 pm »
tubless,

I don't think many folks dump their water right away, some do a dump and refill maybe 1-2 months in because they may have messed up their water chemistry in the first attempts at managing it.

To get some good real world tips you might post the directions you have and folks can give you some feedback. Be prepared for some conflicting information though, there are plenty of ways to achieve the same result, not that either is right or wrong.

I actually used a little bit of info from the start up kit directions, directions from the dealer and from forums like this to decide on my first startup procedure.

One guiding principle for all of this is use what you need, nothing more. Keeping it simple is key, so you don't over manage your water.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 06:05:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42