What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Spa Air Jets  (Read 1598 times)

spaz

Caldera Spa Air Jets
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:20:30 pm »
I wet tested the Caldera Tahitian tonight and it definitely looks beautiful.  I also sat in the Hot Springs Vanguard which previously I had not even looked at.

We liked the looks of the Tahitian better with the exterior lighting and the waterfall but does anybody have any information on the air jets at the bottom of tub on Caldera's line of spas.  I assume that is what they are called.  If you brush your hand or leg up next to it, your skins gets sucked up into it--it's just an uncomfortable feeling.

The Hot Springs model did feel very good with their "Moto Massage".  I'm still so confused even after a wet test!!!  :-?

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Spa Air Jets
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:20:30 pm »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: Caldera Spa Air Jets
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 10:58:21 pm »
Those aren't jets.

Those are 'suction fittings' or 'bypass fittings.'  Basic principles of hot tub manufacture state that for every single pump you have to have at least two inlets (low-flo circulation pumps being the exception).  With a one jet-pump spa with one filter, there has to be one other place for the water to go- a bypass fitting.  The reason it is called a bypass fitting is that the water bypasses any filtration elements that it would otherwise have to pass through to get to the equipment.

Only Hot Spring spas (like the Vanguard) have spas with no bypass fittings in them.  I believe the Tahitian has three of them.  These only operate when the jet pumps are on high speed.

Hope this helps.

spaz

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 06:12:10 am »
Those aren't jets.

Those are 'suction fittings' or 'bypass fittings.'  Basic principles of hot tub manufacture state that for every single pump you have to have at least two inlets (low-flo circulation pumps being the exception).  With a one jet-pump spa with one filter, there has to be one other place for the water to go- a bypass fitting.  The reason it is called a bypass fitting is that the water bypasses any filtration elements that it would otherwise have to pass through to get to the equipment.

Only Hot Spring spas (like the Vanguard) have spas with no bypass fittings in them.  I believe the Tahitian has three of them.  These only operate when the jet pumps are on high speed.

Hope this helps.

This helps tremendously.  And yes the Hot Springs model I wet tested did not have these fittings--and was told that is a unique characteristic to Hot Springs is none of their models have these.  But you are saying almost every other hot tub out there has these fittings.  I'm just worried with small children they may get bruised or something.  The Tahitian does have 3.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 10:57:08 am »
There is more than one of them per pump (and they are on separate planes) to avoid the concern you have.

Hot Springs is the only spa that doesn't have them as all teh water is drawn through the filters.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 10:57:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42