What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ready to buy - Jacuzzi or Sundance  (Read 26299 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Ready to buy - Jacuzzi or Sundance
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2007, 07:04:44 pm »
The install schedule was slightly changed...

However the spa is filled with 53 degree water and heating up as of 4:00 PM.  Hopefully I'll have my first soak before midnight. :D

I'll post pics as soon as I figure out the procedure.

Awesome 8-)
Were you able to take off work and be there for the whole delivery/install?
I think you'll make it in before midnight.  :)  I average 6-7 degrees an hour.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2007, 07:04:44 pm »

tommy tunes

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2007, 08:14:13 pm »
...still waitn' on them pics.  Congrats!

Enjoy your first soak in spatopia! :)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2007, 10:33:27 pm »
I am brand new to the forum, my very first post.... Thats when I just bit the bullet on the pricing, figuring he would come down if I hit the door :)

Congratulations.  Sounds like you did well and got a deal your comfortable with.  As others have pointed out, each dealer is independent and can charge differing prices based on their particular situation.  Sounds like the dealer is happy too which really is important.  I wish more buyers would follow your process (leave dependents at home, nego some more pricing, pick a point and BUY).  Jacuzzi makes a quality product.  I think you will be happy!
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Mez

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2007, 10:46:00 pm »

Congratulations.  Sounds like you did well and got a deal your comfortable with.  As others have pointed out, each dealer is independent and can charge differing prices based on their particular situation.  Sounds like the dealer is happy too which really is important.  I wish more buyers would follow your process (leave dependents at home, nego some more pricing, pick a point and BUY).  Jacuzzi makes a quality product.  I think you will be happy!
Thank you for the comments. I am pretty anal retentive about things so I tend to obsess at times, this was one of those times :)
I am fairly happy with the deal, compared to list and what I've read others have paid, it was at least a fair deal. I am a buyer by profession and part of my job is buying decent products at a fair price. As much as I woulda liked an even better price, my mind was made up before I hit the door that I was going to buy it, hell, I would have done the deal at the $6995 he had quoted me originally if I had too :)
I start the site prep tomorrow, after I finish restaing our deck to match the roasted chestnut cabinet. I've decided to take Why Nots advice and go ahead  and do a slab. I will be anxiuosly awaiting its arrival.

Mez

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2007, 10:48:41 pm »
The install schedule was slightly changed...

However the spa is filled with 53 degree water and heating up as of 4:00 PM.  Hopefully I'll have my first soak before midnight. :D

I'll post pics as soon as I figure out the procedure.
Spane, congrats on its arrival! Let us all know how it went and take a pic or two of the new 345! I'm jealous!! I am still at least 4 weeks away!

104 degrees

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2007, 07:09:59 pm »

Are you saying that the J-335 will not seat 4 in comfort?

?

It looks like someones feet would be in someones lap :( look at it ;)

SpaNE

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2007, 10:01:38 am »
Jacuzzi made some great changes to the J-300 series this year.  In addition to upgrading the fluff (new led lighting system in the cup holders, pillows and new waterfall.  the performance of the jetting package is night and day from the 06 models.  The five Power Pro MX jets are incredible.  If you wet test the Jacuzzi, I think you will love it.

I have had my J-345 for the past week and several dozen soaks.  I can't compare the jetting package from '06 to '07, however I love the jets on my '07.  One of the most versatile jets (and overlooked until you use the tub) are the 2 MX jets in the footwell.  I use these jets for my feet, calves and thighs - depending on where I am sitting.  I like the fact that I can use the divertor valve to get the perfect amount of pressure to those jets.

My overall favorite seat is the front/left - the perfect contour, placement of jets (FX and LX), and view to the nightime stars in the sky!  I also like the fact that there are plenty of seats at different heights to accomodate my family.  The high step right in front of the control panel is perfect to help young kids (and adults who drink too much) enter and exit the spa.  Going clockwise from front/left: middle/left is perfect for lower back especially with full divertor action, back/left hits my middle to lower back with the powerful MX jets, back/middle is my daughter's favorite under the waterfall (raised seat), back/right is full back with 10 FX jets (and deeper) plus great neck massage, middle/right for cool down, front/right has nice spiral jets plus can feel like a "lounger" by placing your legs over the raised seat by the filter.

The air/water buttons are great to get a totally different feel versus the straight water jets.

One frill feature that is really cool are the LED lighted cupholders.  A waterfall is a waterfall, but not nearly as cool as watching your favorite beverage glow in the dark.  You gotta see it.

Finally, I can't believe how soundly I have been sleeping.  After my nightly soaks (and cocktail) I have a hard time staying awake. ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 05:58:37 pm by SpaNE »

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2007, 07:51:34 pm »
Congrats SpaNE.

Good review of the seats in the J-345, have you tried the rotating pattern on the LX jets? Set the front right seat jets to rotate and get ready to feel your kidneys jiggle  ;)

I think it's a toss up for me on my fav, either front left or back right. My stress seems to all converge on my neck  :(

Steve  

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2007, 08:58:06 am »
My favorite is back right corner.

Spa NE,

Another way to hit your legs good with the 2 footwell jets is to sit in front of the filters and point the jets up as high as the go and turn the diverter full. It's fantastic for your hamstrings and calfs. I let them blast me for 5 minutes after my squat routine. It knocks the soreness right out. I was amazed. Before the spa I would walk around like a monkey for a couple of days. Not anymore thanks to spatopia. 8-)

Cheers,

Chad

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2007, 08:58:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42