What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Initial Quality of my Niagara.....  (Read 6949 times)

loosenupspas

Re: Initial Quality of my Niagara.....
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 03:26:34 pm »
i hope to never hear from a spa client, other than chemical purchasing and wonderful stories about how their new coleman spa has transformed their lives.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 03:26:34 pm »

tomsem

• 2010 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 01:20:13 am »
      Hey hottbpete.  I also bought a Niagra about 7 months ago and thankfully for me, it sounds as though I am your flip side.  Haven't had any problems at all and love the tub. Sat in the cold South Dakota winter, too.  That is too bad you had multiple problems.  But as you have said, they were small in issue  and it sounds like service was good. Hopefully the kinks are ironed out and you can soak you stress away.  Just wanted to let you know that there are "no trouble here" owners too.  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 01:21:55 am by tomsem »

kevin1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 05:05:29 pm »
Could be worse, my dealer charges $40 service charge for warranty repairs. Says it's due to gas prices and what they don't get reimbursed for from the manufacture.

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 05:26:49 pm »
Gee, and I thought some stuff was machine made with computers and fancy machine arms 'n stuff... :D

So what would YOU do pigrider? Ask for your money back or a brand new spa in exchange? These were described as minor repairs and by the sounds of it, the dealer is looking after him. Good on the dealer! :)

We bought a top of the line ceramic stove in Dec '05. It has required 4 service calls and 2 were not under warranty. One of which cost me $350 for a new control board...
But then again...that's in MY world.... Sh*t happens!
Hey Steve,
I agree with pgrider that 3-4 service calls is unacceptable. Not much you can do now but wonder how many more are to come. If I spend 5-10k on a big ticket item I would not expect to have that many service calls or any for that matter. I buy a new car every 2 years and seldom if ever have issues that I need to take back for warranty. I certainly would be bragging about this purchase of a hot tub or the stove to anyone. Maybe I expect to much. Not one service call on my Emerald in the 18 months since I bought it. I would expect that to be the norm.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 08:45:54 am »
Hey Steve,
I agree with pgrider that 3-4 service calls is unacceptable. Not much you can do now but wonder how many more are to come. If I spend 5-10k on a big ticket item I would not expect to have that many service calls or any for that matter. I buy a new car every 2 years and seldom if ever have issues that I need to take back for warranty. I certainly would be bragging about this purchase of a hot tub or the stove to anyone. Maybe I expect to much. Not one service call on my Emerald in the 18 months since I bought it. I would expect that to be the norm.

3-4 minor repairs in 6 months is unusual and a high occurance for even minor repairs but unacceptable is a stretch IMO. Again, I ask... what would YOU want from your dealer besides looking after you? :-? We keep hearing how horrible this is yet no one is offering a solution on what THEY would want if this were them? Are you saying you would want your money back or a new spa in exchange?

My point was that the dealer is at least looking after them... What's worse; 1 or 2 repairs with no service to follow up on the purchase or a few more and the dealer is receptive to the issues of this spa? Remember, we're not talking about replacing mother boards and pumps here...

I agree with you in that there should be NO repairs in that period of time but again.. SH*T HAPPENS and sometimes we're in a position we didn't expect and we have to deal with that. It could be true that this spa will not require another service call for many years right?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 08:52:55 am by Steve »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 03:14:15 pm »

3-4 minor repairs in 6 months is unusual and a high occurance for even minor repairs but unacceptable is a stretch IMO. Again, I ask... what would YOU want from your dealer besides looking after you? :-? We keep hearing how horrible this is yet no one is offering a solution on what THEY would want if this were them? Are you saying you would want your money back or a new spa in exchange?

My point was that the dealer is at least looking after them... What's worse; 1 or 2 repairs with no service to follow up on the purchase or a few more and the dealer is receptive to the issues of this spa? Remember, we're not talking about replacing mother boards and pumps here...

I agree with you in that there should be NO repairs in that period of time but again.. SH*T HAPPENS and sometimes we're in a position we didn't expect and we have to deal with that. It could be true that this spa will not require another service call for many years right?

My point exactly.  All I was objecting to is the inflammatory language, "unacceptable."  It is sure disappointing.  Unacceptable is not having situations resolved.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 07:25:18 pm »

My point exactly.  All I was objecting to is the inflammatory language, "unacceptable."  It is sure disappointing.  Unacceptable is not having situations resolved.

Ahhh, agreed hottubdan but this is a world of expectations of perfection and if that is not the case, WE WANT COMPENSATION! The sad part is (that few realize), is that the dealer can be everything they are suppose to be and yet any compensation demanded by the consumer is totally the dealers cost and NOT the manufacturer in most instances.

It is interesting however that not one response suggested a solution... Guaranteed it would have included SOME form of a request for compensation...

thearm

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 08:41:36 pm »

Ahhh, agreed hottubdan but this is a world of expectations of perfection and if that is not the case, WE WANT COMPENSATION! The sad part is (that few realize), is that the dealer can be everything they are suppose to be and yet any compensation demanded by the consumer is totally the dealers cost and NOT the manufacturer in most instances.

It is interesting however that not one response suggested a solution... Guaranteed it would have included SOME form of a request for compensation...

Unacceptable to me means that I certainly would have regrets about buying the tub and would not purchase another. As far as compensation is concerned I never suggested this nor would I. The dealer is doing all he is supposed to by honoring the warranty as He should. I am not blaming the dealer but my opinion would be that the quality control is a little lax or overall just not there for this brand of tubs. I would think word of mouth is very powerful and important and my word would be the dealer is great but the tub lacks a little in the quality imo.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 11:15:46 pm »

Unacceptable to me means that I certainly would have regrets about buying the tub and would not purchase another. As far as compensation is concerned I never suggested this nor would I. The dealer is doing all he is supposed to by honoring the warranty as He should. I am not blaming the dealer but my opinion would be that the quality control is a little lax or overall just not there for this brand of tubs. I would think word of mouth is very powerful and important and my word would be the dealer is great but the tub lacks a little in the quality imo.

I respect your position and I agree with it... to a point. Where I strongly dissagree is your suggestion that this one spa reflects on the entire "brand" of spas and overall quality. What if there were 5 responses to follow of owners of the same brand that had zero issues in the past 2 years or more? Would your opinion change or would you still base these strong negative opinions on this ONE spa? :-?

Could you imagine if we all felt this way and summerized our feelings on any given product based on one set of circumstances? I have read negative posts on EVERY brand spas available over the 4 or 5 years that I've frequented these forums and could post links to each one. Some are VERY well known brands with horrific stories of quality control issues, lack of service, parts causing fires, uncaring head office communications and the list goes on and on. I bet the guys from HS (which represents the largest manufacturer of spas under the Watkins umbrella) could share countless stories of unhappy customers and "lemons" as we ALL could yet they sell thousands of spas annually.  :o

Once you've gathered the knowledge on this brand and spoke to 10 or 20 owners, let me know your true feelings!  ;) It's illogical to come to a conclusion on one brand of spas based on only one set of circumstances.

What kind of car do you drive thearm? I bet I could find many negative posts on the www on it... ;) yet, you still purchased it...  :o
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 11:17:17 pm by Steve »

thearm

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2007, 04:34:50 pm »

I respect your position and I agree with it... to a point. Where I strongly dissagree is your suggestion that this one spa reflects on the entire "brand" of spas and overall quality. What if there were 5 responses to follow of owners of the same brand that had zero issues in the past 2 years or more? Would your opinion change or would you still base these strong negative opinions on this ONE spa? :-? I can only speak for my experience with the tub I bought and spent several thousands of dollars for. Again, if it had 3-4 quality issues in the first 6 months my opinion would not change that the mfg is suspect. It is only MY opinion. IN SALES I'm sure you heard that it takes 10 atta boys to wipe out one ah crap.

Could you imagine if we all felt this way and summerized our feelings on any given product based on one set of circumstances? I have read negative posts on EVERY brand spas available over the 4 or 5 years that I've frequented these forums and could post links to each one. Some are VERY well known brands with horrific stories of quality control issues, lack of service, parts causing fires, uncaring head office communications and the list goes on and on. I bet the guys from HS (which represents the largest manufacturer of spas under the Watkins umbrella) could share countless stories of unhappy customers and "lemons" as we ALL could yet they sell thousands of spas annually.  :o
I don't care how many people have good ones!! I might have gotten the only less than perfect one that was sold. Does this change my mind? I don't think so. Is there a perfect mfg with zero defects in anything? I don't think so. But this doesn't change the fact that I got one that was less than perfect.

Once you've gathered the knowledge on this brand and spoke to 10 or 20 owners, let me know your true feelings!  ;) It's illogical to come to a conclusion on one brand of spas based on only one set of circumstances. Steve when I am spending my money and I pay for the best value and don't get it, I really don't care if everyone else does. I would not buy or reconmend anyone else buy based on my experience.

What kind of car do you drive thearm? I bet I could find many negative posts on the www on it... ;) yet, you still purchased it...  :o

Here is list of last 4 cars. On all 5 cars I had a total of 2 warranty issues. All these were traded in with anywhere from 63000 to 79000 miles on them.

Currently Toyota Camry 2007
before Pontiac Gran Prix 2005
before Chevy Impala 2003
before Dodge Intrepid 2001
before Pontiac Gran Prix 1998

Bottom line is my experience is my experience and I can only tell you what that is. Just because I said it doesn't make it true for the whole brand. But it sure would make it true for me.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 10:15:25 am »
My apologies arm. I didn't realize you had "personal experience" with this spa and assumed it was just opinion based off of this one spa and the issues surrounding only this one post...  :-?

Your point is totally valid if this has been your personal experience also with this brand and model of spa...  ;)

My point exactly!!  :D

Steve

thearm

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 02:44:43 pm »
My apologies arm. I didn't realize you had "personal experience" with this spa and assumed it was just opinion based off of this one spa and the issues surrounding only this one post...  :-?

Your point is totally valid if this has been your personal experience also with this brand and model of spa...  ;)

My point exactly!!  :D

Steve

Steve,
Didn't mean to mislead you into thinking I owned this spa. What I was trying to do was put myself in hottubpete shoes and think like that if I had the issues with the tub. I do agree with your point about it is only one tub so it shouldn't taint the complete line. If I see one negative about a product, do I not buy it. No, But it would raise a warning flag for me to investagate a little more closely. I think we are closer to agreeing with each other than these posts would seem. Well gotta go golfing so I can complain of back pain and soak later tonight. ;D

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 06:07:48 pm »
The point made earlier about compensation is true.  A lot of people want perfection and then if it does not meet that level....give me something.  The same people that do that are same ones that consistently give less then "perfect " performance in most things they do.  They are the customers that all of us would like to fire....

Me....I am the guy that owns this pig....and I am keeping it.  While there should not of been this many initial issues....my spa company did a great job in making sure that they took care of the items.  Shit happens....as long as they stand behind the product, it's a great situation.

Timdelta

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 11:10:53 pm »
I have a Genvea. On arrival two light features did not work. Turned out that the light in the waterfall and the grab handle, never had the wires hooked up. They were there just never connected the last two inches. The repair caused a broken thing in the water fall. Now I have a leak in the bottom of the tub. The tech said it will be a major job. They may just repace the tub.

I may have the monday morning build team effect. Or maybe after the happy hour lunch.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 08:57:59 am »

Steve,
Didn't mean to mislead you into thinking I owned this spa. What I was trying to do was put myself in hottubpete shoes and think like that if I had the issues with the tub. I do agree with your point about it is only one tub so it shouldn't taint the complete line. If I see one negative about a product, do I not buy it. No, But it would raise a warning flag for me to investagate a little more closely. I think we are closer to agreeing with each other than these posts would seem. Well gotta go golfing so I can complain of back pain and soak later tonight. ;D

I think we are too and I'm up for a game of golf anytime! ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 08:57:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42