What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis or hot springs?  (Read 8931 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis or hot springs?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2007, 07:59:34 pm »
 Jeez after all this bantering I would just go buy a Jacuzzi.   8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2007, 07:59:34 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2007, 01:24:17 am »
Jeez after all this bantering I would just go buy a Jacuzzi.   8-)
+1  

8-)

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2007, 06:52:37 am »
I jumped right to the end here.  Marquis may be a great company, but they along with my dealer and the eastern Canadian sales rep have been either very slow to respond or non responsive to any of my issues of which there have been few.  Have them guarantee in writing that you are getting a full foam and not a just about full foam tub wher some main arterial hoses are left uninslated.  Although my service issues are mostly to blame on the Canadian rep and my dealer who flat out lied to me during the sale (hard to believe - EH!), Marquis has not come good on resolving my issues, and yes, they too are responsible.

During the sale, I asked my dealer who is 45 Minutes from my house if distance was a problem.
His reply was that Marquis paid him $85.00 USD per hour for service including travel - no problem at all.

I had a thigh jet with low flow and reported it right after the sale (in May, 2005) and said that it was no hurry, wait til the fall after pool season.
Repair was made in March 2006 after me raising my voice which I hate to do.

An air jet that would not shut off completely on my heating side of the tub that I found and reported in October, 2005 and first repair attempt was made in January 2006 and final repair in March 2006.

Found the missing foam problem in March 2006 during the thigh jet repair of which I did as much as the service guy did.  I asked the dealer to have a foam kit sent to me and I would do the work myself, no big deal, squirt foam, shave smooth, install skirt.  Again stupid me, Summer was coming and I said no hurry, get it to me by September.  I call in late August, a few times in September, more in October.  The foam kits, (2) showed up in time for a nice chilly install in mid October, boy was I pissed as I did it myself.  As it turns out these kits are available at the local Rona (like Home Depot but Canuck version)

So I asked Marquis to credit me for my lost heat from my non full foam tub (about $150.00 CAD).  I also asked for around 2 hours for my time at $85.00 USD and  I never did get a reply from Marquis at this point.

I was initially dealing with Jeff Shaw and I got passed over to Nathan Druery who might actually be a non existant figure of someones imagination.  He is slow to respond and eventually cut off our once cordial communications.

Doug is the Canadian sales rep who I met the day I bought the Spa as he was in town for the dealers promotion.  He told me to call if I ever had any issues and guess what, he doesn't return my calls.

BTW - Ozone is a non issue with most tubs as it only works properly with cold water.  It's must have been a sales gimick or something.  If you want a good household ozone unit for cleaning, check this out, the guy who owns and developed it is a buddy of mine.   http://www.tersano.com    It won a Time Magazine invention of the year award for 2006

Steve Colasanti
Belle River, Ontario
519-962-8764
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 07:04:39 am by cola »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2007, 01:13:40 pm »

BTW - Ozone is a non issue with most tubs as it only works properly with cold water.  

Sorry for all the problems with your dealer,but who was the bugnut that told you this.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 01:34:38 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2007, 02:55:53 pm »
Bugnut
I like that word.

"Ozone works best in cold water - hot water breaks ozone down before it can perform as intended" By Nathan Schiff, PhD
http://www.schiff-consulting.com/Ozone_in_laundry_washing.html

Other people here have performed tests and found that it performed minimally better with it on.  It probably works a bit better on an HS tub with the continuous flow pump but then you open the mini pump issue.

Steve

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2007, 03:31:15 pm »
"Ozone works best in cold water - hot water breaks ozone down before it can perform as intended" By Nathan Schiff, PhD
http://www.schiff-consulting.com/Ozone_in_laundry_washing.html

Other people here have performed tests and found that it performed minimally better with it on.  It probably works a bit better on an HS tub with the continuous flow pump but then you open the mini pump issue.

Steve

The key to the above quote is "works best". I can buy that but you earlier stated " it only works properly with cold water" and that is simply errouneous.

I am one of those people who have experience with ozone and they do help, for real. Sure they are best when its a good ozonator with a continuous circulating pump but they do work, some very well.

As for your Marquis issues, I sincerely hope they can be worked out. It sounds like your dealer isn't eh most proactive one around.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2007, 04:36:39 pm »
With regards to Ozone. What I have personally experienced with the Marquis water management system which includes ozone on all spas, it makes a real world difference, Customers who had a problem with water discovered that their ozone unit had gone out. In 3 years it had been only about 4 or 5 people but it was enough of a sampling to let me know it made a difference in water quality.

Cola,

It does seem you have a dealer who is lacking in customer service and follow up. I hope they get on the ball and get you taken care. Unfortunate as it is you can be assured that with Marquis you will be taken of.

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2007, 05:17:57 pm »
Hey Mendo

My problem with Marquis is on all three levels.  They just quit returning my E-mails.  I have not received good service at all ever from Marquis.  Somebody tell them to send me some spinner jets for my tub in lieu of lost hydro costs and services rendered and I will give them a thumbs up.  For now, I say stay away from Marquis, They don't care.  Stay away from Creative Pools and Tanning in Chatham Ontario and don't by Marquis in Canada Eastern as Doug is a @#$%^ (bad dealer) that doesn't return calls.

Steve Colasanti
Not afraid to leave my name and number (above)
Go Wings

Rather than shoot my mouth off, I will get data on ozone.

Steve

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2007, 05:21:56 pm »
Steve/Cola

Your situation is an anomaly, Please PM and I will make sure you are taken care.... :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2007, 05:21:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42