What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis or hot springs?  (Read 8930 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Marquis or hot springs?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 10:57:25 am »
I've narrowed my search to either a Marquis Epic or the Hot Springs Vista. Both prices are about the same, $9800 with all the usual inclusions. The Vista doesn't have the greatest lounger but I do like the Hot Springs package. Should I be concerned that the H.S. uses a cd ozonator and the Marquis uses a bulb? The warranty on the Marquis sems great. Both dealers are very nice and low key. I need some help here. It would be most appreciated. My wife wants to buy one and get it over with. I want a great tub when I'm dropping 10k.  Thanks in advance.

The problem with this string is that there is no definitive answer. I doubt you'll find many unhappy owners of either and both brands in general are very well thought of.

The choice really needs to come down to which spa fits/feels best for you and whether you are sufficiently comfortable with each dealer and the package they are presenting. Take your time and make the best decision for you but relax, I'm not sure there is a "wrong" choice here.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:59:11 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 10:57:25 am »

minnymark

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 11:20:25 am »
Thanks for the responses. The $9800 quoted includes set up, delivery,cover,lifter,steps and some chemicals for both spas.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 11:30:14 am »
Thanks for the responses. The $9800 quoted includes set up, delivery,cover,lifter,steps and some chemicals for both spas.

I assume the ozone is included as well from your earlier posts but if not, I'd add it as well.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 11:49:28 am »
You are looking at apples and apples, which is nice for a change both have many loyal fans here on the board. You will not be making a bad choice with either.....however you will make a better choice with the HotSpring...... ;)....just ruffling the Marquis feathers a bit... again both are among the best spas you can choose. If you have not soaked both spas you should, the MotoMassage DX and 100% No-Bypass Filtration that is unique to the HotSpring brand of spas is really what makes it different from other spas. I find that many customers may not have much of appreciation for it until they have in their home and have spent some time in the spa, It is almost unlimited in the way you can get to just about any body area you want. Again both are just about as good as it gets for spas so you will be happy with either. Soaking again is your best bet here.

Good luck in your shopping. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 12:25:07 pm »
what is the saying that plajurism is the best form of flattery.... ;)

MarKee

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 10:40:01 pm »
I'd probably get the Epic.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 10:48:09 pm »

From a position of being neutral (no longer in the industry), I can tell you I have wet tested the Epic and I would consider it in my top 2 or 3 all-time spas from a theraputic standpoint amoung the 15+ spas that I have had the pleasure of testing over the past number of years.

That said, I have not tested the HS model you mentioned so I can't provide a true comparison between those 2.

If this purchase is primarily based on requiring superb therapy, you will not go wrong with the Epic.

Steve

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 11:40:30 pm »

LOL, I hope so or you'd be in big trouble at headquarters!! ;D ;D

cajun1

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 10:31:46 am »
Yes, I'm a newbie, but after 5 months of researching, reading this site, and wet-testing, I bought the Marquis Epic.  I also tested the Vista (among others) and, like all the others I tested, it was okay.  It felt better to me than most, but I really didn't like the feel of the moto-massage.  I tested the Epic last, and I knew immediately that was the one for me.  The deep therapy seat and the therapy pillar are sooo therapeutic.  I felt a difference right away compared to all the other tubs.  I was a little skeptical on the Tri-Zone therapy because I thought it seemed too limited.  Upon getting it home and spending time in it, it's not limited at all.  You just have to put the knobs between the numbers.  
The lounger is perfect - no floating.  Also, no neck/head pillows to wear out.  The head rests are molded into the shell and it is very comfortable.  
I, too, was worried about the depth of the Epic, because my husband is 6-2.  He didn't even want to go wet-test it but he went and it fit him just fine.  He, also, loved it immediately.  Three of the seats are really deep.
Okay, enough about how much I LOVE my Epic.  You just need to wet-test before you buy and that will help you make your final decision.  They're both awesome tubs/companies.

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 02:58:33 pm »
You should find a tub with the "quad myo-facial release doppler hyper therapostular moto-pillar seat".  It's like no other.

What a joke these names are.  Hey, call it a frickin Mega therapy vertical array for all I care, it's jets put in a straight damn line!

I've been lucky enough to test 30+ spas from about 12 different manufacturers.  Some work some don't. As a dealer I'll not give my opinion on which are marketing fluff and which are real deal well engineered products.

Good luck in your search.  Wet test the spas that you are looking at, then wet test spas that you might not have initially considered but still fit into your size/price ranges.  You may be suprised to find that you like one of those even better.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2007, 03:34:44 pm »
You should find a tub with the "quad myo-facial release doppler hyper therapostular moto-pillar seat".  It's like no other.

What a joke these names are.  Hey, call it a frickin Mega therapy vertical array for all I care, it's jets put in a straight damn line!

I've been lucky enough to test 30+ spas from about 12 different manufacturers.  Some work some don't. As a dealer I'll not give my opinion on which are marketing fluff and which are real deal well engineered products.

Good luck in your search.  Wet test the spas that you are looking at, then wet test spas that you might not have initially considered but still fit into your size/price ranges.  You may be suprised to find that you like one of those even better.

Yeah that makes sense call just call it jets in a line, the real joke is for the very slow who love to throw stones yet offer nothing of substance, Everybody IN EVERY the word you used "FRICKIN" industry has to call their product something,..Avalon, Camry, Accord, Dirt Devil, hell just call it a hose that sucks. I am sure thats how you tell people about your spas,yeah there "water and some jets". Get real or get lost.

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2007, 05:23:07 pm »
The overused meaningless catch phrases used in the spa industry are one of the main reasons that a shoddy product can stick around for so long.  I am not pointing any fingers at any particular product either.  There are such enormous differences in the quality of products in the spa industry, yet I still have people rolling in telling me that unless one of my (best selling spas in the industry) has an aquababblegoogleator jet system they don't want it.  These BS marketing terms for things that are really nothing special take advantage of the consumers ignorance and have them purchasing inferior products that will eventually turn them and most likely their family and friends away for owning a spa.  There are some great innovations out there but calling everything in your spa by a silly marketing phrase seems asinine to me.  You don't know me at all so to call me slow tells me a good deal about your character.

Funny you mention the Camry, I just bought one because it has "radially symmetrical carbon rubber compound axel-road interfaces"

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2007, 05:38:40 pm »

After seeing your last couple posts where you are a bit out of line dismissing certain spa brands, I was wondering what you sell since above you say you're a dealer. This is what I found looking at your last 50 posts:

Aug 6th, 2004, 10:37am
You stated " the vanguard is a great spa I loved mine as well."  

[glow]Maybe you own HS, maybe you used to, can't tell.[/glow]

Aug 7th, 2004, 9:56am
"I've owned a Coast Extreme...Hated everything about it."

[glow]Still unsure but that's 2 spas you've owned.[/glow]

Sep 1st, 2004, 3:21pm
"look at the Sundance Maxxus and the Dimension One Serena Bay these are the only tubs in that size that I would recommend."

[glow]Now you're touting SD and D1. OK, still unsure.[/glow]

Sep 7th, 2004, 5:12pm
Someone asking about Sd and jacuzzi and you respond "get a hotspring... "

[glow]1 step backward, more confusing.[/glow]

Dec 15th, 2004, 1:51pm
"I have owned the Vanguard and I now own a D! chairman II.

[glow]Seems clear it's D1 now, 3rd spa you mentioned owning, that's a lot but ok.[/glow]

Mar 7th, 2006, 1:23pm
"Thanks for the offer!  My Dealer is really great"

[glow]So you're not a dealer at this point? Just a spa owner who's owned 3 brands?[/glow]

Sep 1st, 2006, 5:27pm
"You seriously need to wet test a sundance spa.  I switched recently from a chairman II to a sundance Cameo."

[glow]Less than 2 years with the D1 and now a SD, the 4th one you mention owning. That's a lot for a non-dealer.[/glow]

Feb 2nd, 2007, 11:50am

"I am a dealer for CalSpas, Sundance, and Hot Spring"

[glow]OK, so I guess you are now a dealer?[/glow]

Today at 2:42pm
"Sigh. IMEO neither are worth the money. Pick out two others to compare"

[glow]Here somone is asking about Marquis and HS (which you say you sell?) and you needlessly knock both in a somewhat juvenile manner wihtout really being helpful to the poster.[/glow]

Today at 2:58pm
"What a joke these names are.  Hey, call it a frickin Mega therapy vertical array for all I care, it's jets put in a straight damn line!

I've been lucky enough to test 30+ spas from about 12 different manufacturers.  Some work some don't. As a dealer I'll not give my opinion on which are marketing fluff and which are real deal well engineered products"

[glow]First a knock on Marquis and then a statement where you don't want to give an opinion which are Marketing fluff and which are Engineered well. How noble.[/glow]

Thanks for your insightfulness.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 05:40:40 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 05:41:30 pm »
Whats the point of you coming in here running your mouth about names for products, therapy Pilliar that pretty much sums it up, cleanly without a lot of fluff. Marketing is everywhere since you make no mention of what you sell, no matter what it is , it will have a name. I will make this bold prediction that you do not sell a line that is called hot water in box with holes that water come out of, and that seats or jets in your spa have a name of some type. And that the spas all names.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 05:55:52 pm »
Hey SpaTech,

Thanks for your post. I am glad that I am not alone in wondering why someone jumps in and criticize others yet offers not a single alternative. We may all have different opinions on many things but it is only the weak that jump up and criticize without offering another option or plan. No one who agenda is genuine will criticize without offering what they feel is a better solution.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 05:55:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42