What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Reward or Hot Spring Sovereign?  (Read 6191 times)

Seabreezy143

Marquis Reward or Hot Spring Sovereign?
« on: April 25, 2007, 08:20:51 am »

First time spa buyer.  Both are local dealers.  Marquis priced at $8999 including cover and lift.  Hot Spring priced at $8395 plus $ cover.  Would love to hear advice, feedback, and comments.  

Thanks! :)

Hot Tub Forum

« on: April 25, 2007, 08:20:51 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Marquis Reward or Hot Spring Sovereign?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 11:19:55 am »
Well, you are looking at two good spas by two good manufacturers.

What is the out the door price for each?  What do you get with them?

Some people love moto massage...couldn't live without it.

How do you feel about the dealers?  Have you wet tested?

Good luck with your hunt. 8-)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 11:25:43 am »
As Dan mentioned and much like the other thread going at this time both are fine tubs, but I have a question and perhaps I am wrong but the Sovereign I thought was a one pump spa, if that's correct than while the tubs are both made by two of the better/among the best makers in the industry in this case you would be getting more spa with the Reward. I do not know all the specs on the Sovereign but with the Reward you do have 320 GPM of water flow with 43 jets. Again both are well made products. I know someone will correct me if I am wrong about the Sovereign.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:13:51 pm by Mendocino101 »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 05:48:25 pm »
Yes, with the Reward you get 1 more pump, more jets and apparantly pay $600 more for it.

However, more pumps and more jets do not necessarily mean a better spa. ;)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 06:19:21 pm »
Yes, with the Reward you get 1 more pump, more jets and apparantly pay $600 more for it.

However, more pumps and more jets do not necessarily mean a better spa. ;)

Dan,
 I like your thinking on this one. Yes why pay just about 7% more for something with twice the performance. I agree with so much that it makes much more sense for them to consider the Quest for about $6995.00 that is a single pump 25 jet/ 340 gallon spa than they could save about $1300.00..... :D.... ;)

Actually I think that in this case the Reward is the choice with the most bang for the dollar.

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 01:11:04 pm »
Ya you might check out the Marquis Quest which is comparable as far as being a 1 pump system to the Sovereign.  With an MP160 pump upgrade, the Quest is a nice little spa.  The Quest should be priced much less that the Sovereign as well.  

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 02:43:42 pm »
Even the question of one pump or two pumps should come secondary to 'does this fit my needs?' and 'am I comfortable in this?'

The Sovereign does have two pumps if you count the circ. pump.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 03:01:20 pm »
$8400 spa and one jet pump. I'm sorry but for that price and a tub that size, you will definetely want a second jet pump. This is obviously just my opinion but for that kind of money, it's not too much to ask for a few more jets and to have the ability to control therepy zones a little better. HS dealers, is this a typical price for this tub or is his quote higher than average?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 03:33:07 pm »
Dan,
Pretend you don't work for HS for a second.
Now, are you seriously implying that the Sovereign is the better buy of the two.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 04:31:29 pm »
Dan,
Pretend you don't work for HS for a second.
Now, are you seriously implying that the Sovereign is the better buy of the two.

It is not a matter of which one is "better."  It is a matter of which one is right for Seabreezy.  

I believe you have a Jacuzzi 345 or 365, which you love.  Would you say it is a better spa than a 400 series spa?

If not, why not? ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:32:02 pm by hottubdan »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 04:46:21 pm »

It is not a matter of which one is "better."  It is a matter of which one is right for Seabreezy.  

I wasn't commenting on which spa would be better for him as far as jet placement, comfort, ....etc b/c I'm not him  but rather a better buy(deal). And obviously the better deal is the Reward.
I believe you have a Jacuzzi 345 or 365, which you love.  Would you say it is a better spa than a 400 series spa?

If not, why not? ;D
No, it's obviously of lesser quality than a 400 series and I hope you didn't need my confirmation to figure that out. Now was it the better tub for me as far as a financial point of veiw, yes. Would I have paid $600 more for a 400 series, yes. Unfortunately I couldn't talk my dealer in to giving me one for $6695. :(

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 04:49:27 pm »

I wasn't commenting on which spa would be better for him as far as jet placement, comfort, ....etc b/c I'm not him  but rather a better buy(deal). And obviously the better deal is the Reward.
No, it's obviously of lesser quality than a 400 series and I hope you didn't need my confirmation to figure that out. Now was it the better tub for me as far as a financial point of veiw, yes. Would I have paid $600 more for a 400 series, yes. Unfortunately I couldn't talk my dealer in to giving me one for $6695. :(

Actually, I don't beleive the 400 series is better quality than yours.  Just more bells and whistles.  Price is a feature, so for you the 300 series spa is better than the 400, but price aside, it is not.

MarKee

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 08:57:56 pm »
Seabreezy:  You might also look into the Marquis Limited 641R.  It is the old version of the current Reward spa that you are looking at.  It is a 6 person, 290 GPM 2 pump spa with 41 jets.  It is designed to hit a good price point.  Depending on the options you get, it will likely range from $5995-7500 at your local dealer.  It is the #2 selling Marquis Spa nationwide behind the Epic.

For more information:
http://www.marquisspas.com/limited/spa_641r.asp
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 09:00:28 pm by Hideaway_King »

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 02:42:13 pm »
Sigh. IMEO neither are worth the money. Pick out two others to compare  :-?.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 03:08:55 pm »
Sigh. IMEO neither are worth the money. Pick out two others to compare  :-?.

Forgive me here, but what kind of a comment is that, it sounds like a politician who criticizes those in charge and speaks about how poor their decisions are but offers no alternative plan, its weak and simply an empty head babbling.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 03:08:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42