What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: MicroClean filters?  (Read 2409 times)

ASAP

• 2006 Optima
MicroClean filters?
« on: April 25, 2007, 01:14:54 pm »
I will soon be installing a new 2006 Sundance Optima with ozone. How long can I expect a MicroClean II filter to work with « normal » use?

- My authorized sales rep said up to 1 year.
- The Sundance website states up to 9 months.
- This is what I got from the PDF owners manual I downloaded from Sundancespas.com: Your new hot tub is equipped with an advanced MicroClean II water filtration system that provides unsurpassed water quality. To ensure maximum water quality at all times, you should replace the filter cartridge every six months, or earlier as necessary.

Also, can anyone tell me if there's a difference between MicroClean II and MicroClean Plus? If so, can either one be used on my 2006 Optima?

Have any Optima owners on this forum used « regular filters » instead of MicroClean? If so, did you note a difference in water quality?

Thank you
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:22:32 pm by ASAP »

Hot Tub Forum

MicroClean filters?
« on: April 25, 2007, 01:14:54 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: MicroClean filters?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 01:55:58 pm »
The microclean plus filter is just the newest form of the microclean II.  You cannot get the microclean IIs anymore unless a dealer has some left in stock.  

From what I have seen, the average is about 9 months.  Some people get longer, some get less.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 01:59:00 pm »
I'm at exactly six months on the MicroClean II in my Optima.  Water seems to be clear as always, but the filter itself is squished pretty significantly in the middle (a la the picture in the owners manual).  I bought a replacement a couple weeks ago (my dealer only had the MC II, no Plus's unfortunately); just waiting to see chunks of filter element floating in my water which, from what I've read, is the true indicator it's time to change the filter!

SerjicalStrike -- I read somewhere that the Plus will last longer.  Do you know if thats true?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 02:11:07 pm »
This has been covered a few times and one thing that was reported is the fact that there is a standrad filter you can use as a total replacement and get away from the need/cost of having to replace the disposable type. Some people like the disposable type for ease of use but others obviously prefer the lower cost of having a standard filter and also may be thinking green and want to avoid adding to the landfill so it's nice that there is that option.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 02:46:08 pm »
The Microclean filters offer far superior filtration to the polyester elements. They are however quite expensive.  My customers seem to get 9-12 months out of them.  Don't ever use clarifier or foam away "silicone goop" and they'll last a little longer for you.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 02:59:36 pm »
SerjicalStrike -- I read somewhere that the Plus will last longer.  Do you know if thats true?

The only thing I know about the Plus compared to the old II is that the II has a mesh/wire type thing around the pleats that did really nothing.  The Plus has an added layer of polyester around the "microclean" part of the filter.

To be honest, I don't know if it will last any longer than the old one, but it seems like it will be able to filter more.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 02:59:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42