What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm a Nature 2 believer  (Read 15019 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
I'm a Nature 2 believer
« on: February 22, 2007, 07:11:26 pm »
I was sceptical about their effectivness, so I decided to try one out myself.
I've been using it for about 2 weeks and I have noticed my dichlor demand go down quite a bit.
My pH is currently at 7.7 and has been there for about a week(I'm waiting for it to go down naturally) and I'm getting FC residuals that I was getting when my pH was 7.2 w/o a catridge! It's gotta be doin' something. I can't wait to see how little dichlor I'll need when my pH falls back down.
I don't really feel a difference but that's not sayin' much. I'm still trying to get the whole "feel" thing down. I didn't know what everyone was talkin' about until I changed my water for the first time. There was definetly a huge difference from my 3 and a half month old water to my new fill or could it have been the Nature2?  ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 07:12:54 pm by WHY_NOT »

Hot Tub Forum

I'm a Nature 2 believer
« on: February 22, 2007, 07:11:26 pm »

Vanguard

Re: I'm a Nature 2 believer
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 07:14:42 pm »
I've always liked the Nature 2.  I know some people will say they don't do anything, but I disagree.

One of the best algaecides for swimming pools is silver based.  Silver is a great way to kill bacteria.  My daughter burned her hand one time and the doctors gave us a silver based cream to use as a way to keep the bacteria from creating an infection.

Based on all that, and knowing that Nature 2 uses silver, I'm a believer.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 08:11:13 pm »
Hey Chad,

New water is the bomb. Do you get those big sparkley bubbles coming out of your circ pump and jets now?

You can really tell your water is getting old when the bubbles are all little turds that take forever to clear when you turn off the jets. I am assuming that has something to do with the resistance higher TDS puts on the bubbles. Big bubbles can't hold together, and as a result more small bubbles. If anyone knows the real mechanism at work there it would be interesting to hear.

I tried N2 when I first got my tub, never really could put my finger on any tangible benefits. I have been thinking about trying it again though. If I remember correctly Vermonter said in a post here that while he doesn't think N2 in a tub effectively kills bacteria it does weaken the cell walls to allow your dichlor to work more effectively.

Steve

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 08:28:24 pm »
Hey Chad,

New water is the bomb. Do you get those big sparkley bubbles coming out of your circ pump and jets now?

Yeah, it's amazing how much clearer they are!  I thought my first fill was still clearing fast until I did a refill. I can run all pumps on high with all air injectors open and as soon as I turn them off, my water clears instantly. As long as weather permits I'll be refilling ever couple of months. My last one was in 38 degree weather and it really wasn't that bad. Definetely worth it and like my username says WHY NOT?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 08:28:26 pm »
Although Vermonter uses N2, he also uses the regular dose of dichlor not the stripped down version that N2 claims to be able to use.

I too thought about revisiting N2 but realize that there really isn't any savings benefit to use it. It may keeep the water better which in itself is a good thing but my limited experience with it showed me nothing different.

I am convinced by my reading of posts and seeing my own water acting differently at times that the water's composition is a big factor on how something works (or doesn't) in the water.

I guess if it works, use it.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:37:27 pm »

I too thought about revisiting N2 but realize that there really isn't any savings benefit to use it. It may keeep the water better which in itself is a good thing  
I see what your saying. I doubt I'll save $25 worth of dichlor before I refill but I'll be keeping my TDS nad CYA lower. I guess it's not really a money saving product but rather an extended fill product.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 08:39:36 pm by WHY_NOT »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 09:58:14 pm »
Why Not, I think new water feels and smells like crisp clean sheets that have been line dryed...There's nothing like it!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

anne

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 03:13:53 am »

One of the best algaecides for swimming pools is silver based.  Silver is a great way to kill bacteria.  My daughter burned her hand one time and the doctors gave us a silver based cream to use as a way to keep the bacteria from creating an infection.

Its called silver sulfadiazine, and it is the BEST stuff to have around for minor burns and wounds!!!!!

I'm with you Chad- a believer. And thanks to you, now that song is in my head.....
Dance like nobody's watching

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 07:07:35 am »

I'm with you Chad- a believer. And thanks to you, now that song is in my head.....

No...No...not the Monkeys. ;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 08:20:11 am »
Somewhere, in a box in a storage shed, is a stack of 'records.' Two or three of them are the Monkees.

Wow - memories.

Oh, and I like N2 for the lower levels of sanitizer. I can't use it with Bromine, and I just switched to Brilliance, but I normally use it.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 08:26:58 am »
I became a believer after using it as an experiment a little over a year ago. I don't pursue it as a money saver.  I change my water every 3-4 months weather permitting and I have felt that my water looks new a lot longer.  When I changed my water in Nov, it really didn't look like it needed it, but I knew I might not be able to again for several months.  I'm sure I will again in March.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 10:03:26 am »
I'm still out on this. I've never seen a differnce using the N2. It was sold to me as a way to save and it quickly became obvious that it would add $100/yr to my chem routine (almost doubling the cost). I stopped using it and haven't seen a drop in walter quality.

Whynot, I'd be interested in over the next 3 months if you feel you've gained anything.  So please keep us up to date with your experiences.

I'm toying with the idea of trying it again to once again see if there is a measurable differnce for me.

My pool dealer wanted me to get on the N2 for pool routine and he couldn't convice me.  He said it was easy (just attach the N2 feeding system and load it up maybe 2x a season with the pool N2 catridge. ($60 a pop). I'd save on chlorine.

huh? I use maybe $50 worth of chlorine in the pool a  season, why would I put in $120 worth of N2 in there? I never had any water quality issues and  once again, just couldn't see doing it.  :)

07 Caldera Geneva

txwillie

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 10:11:07 am »
Is N2 the same as/similar to Sundance SunPurity? Still hoping for some replies to my "Sundance Chem Regimine" post, but this thread looks like it probably covers what I'm looking for.

txwillie

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 11:09:59 am »
I'm still out on this. I've never seen a differnce using the N2. It was sold to me as a way to save and it quickly became obvious that it would add $100/yr to my chem routine

I hate to undercut our supplier friends here, but I pay $45 a year buying them on Ebay.

My dichlor cost, thanks to a great price from my local HS dealer, is usually only about $25 a year.  So maybe with Nature2, that is down to $22 a year  ;)

I think the biggest difference I notice is it still looks good if I have been away 3-5 days.

I was thinking of writing the people at Nature2 and suggesting they put a little string on the end of the cartridge to make them easier to remove.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 11:13:17 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 11:11:03 am »
Is N2 the same as/similar to Sundance SunPurity? Still hoping for some replies to my "Sundance Chem Regimine" post, but this thread looks like it probably covers what I'm looking for.

txwillie

I know of one Sundance dealer here, who checks in every few days.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 11:11:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42