What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Urgent - need help Sundance buy today or not?  (Read 6544 times)

robspa

Urgent - need help Sundance buy today or not?
« on: April 22, 2007, 06:25:55 am »
Hi, I really need some help.  Major dealer here in Ohio (Litehouse Spas) is having a grand opening special until 5:00 pm today - Sunday on Sundance spas.  He is offerring the 2007 Optima with stereo (subwoofer) with Ipod and cd player, cover, delivery, and 2 months start up chemicals for $10,995 plus tax.  Is that a good price? Says price will go back to $14,995 Monday.   I called on another dealer yesterday who has Gulf Coast hot tubs and his top of the line is $6,995.  I asked the Litehouse dealer and he says Gulf Coast does not insulate like Sundance and most other brands of spas having moving parts in the jets where Sundance Optima does not.  He also was offerring the Chelsea for $8600 which did not seem much different than the OPtima other than it was 2 inches smaller and did not have as nice a waterfall.  Can anyone help me here with the idea of paying over $11,000 for a spa that everyone here loves when in my mind I don't know if a $6,000 spa  can be insulated and just as good?  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Urgent - need help Sundance buy today or not?
« on: April 22, 2007, 06:25:55 am »

spaz

Re: Urgent - need help Sundance buy today or not?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 08:46:01 am »
I don't live in Ohio nor do I know anything about the Sundance brand but I do know sales.  There is always a once in lifetime sale to push models out the door to make room for new inventory.  $11,000 seems like a lot to me for a spa.  Also if you read the forum and other spa rated web sites many people mention that a stereo is a waste of money.  I plan on having an outdoor stereo added for the entire deck and not just for the spa.  Something to think about!

Good luck with your purchase--I'm going thru the same tribuations myself!  :)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 09:22:47 am »
"There is always a once in lifetime sale"

VERY TRUE!

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 11:02:48 am »
That's a very old sales ploy.  That spa's MSRP might be 15K on Monday, but they will still be discounting them.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 11:10:26 am »
When I bought our 2006 Optima I was told the MSRP was like $13k or something, but we walked out the door (tax included) for $10k, no specials or anything.  Do NOT rush into buying a spa just because of a "1-day only" sale -- I'm certain you could get that price (or even better) at any point...
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 12:22:47 pm »
Hi, I really need some help.  Major dealer here in Ohio (Litehouse Spas) is having a grand opening special until 5:00 pm today - Sunday on Sundance spas.  He is offerring the 2007 Optima with stereo (subwoofer) with Ipod and cd player, cover, delivery, and 2 months start up chemicals for $10,995 plus tax.  Is that a good price? Says price will go back to $14,995 Monday.   I called on another dealer yesterday who has Gulf Coast hot tubs and his top of the line is $6,995.  I asked the Litehouse dealer and he says Gulf Coast does not insulate like Sundance and most other brands of spas having moving parts in the jets where Sundance Optima does not.  He also was offerring the Chelsea for $8600 which did not seem much different than the OPtima other than it was 2 inches smaller and did not have as nice a waterfall.  Can anyone help me here with the idea of paying over $11,000 for a spa that everyone here loves when in my mind I don't know if a $6,000 spa  can be insulated and just as good?  Thanks

I am a sundance dealer...in Michigan.  NOT with Litehouse.  That is a good price with all of the options that you listed.  If you want it why hesitate.  The Chelsee is not the same as the Optima, not even close.  If hydrotherapy is the most important factor in your choice then buy the Optima.

robspa

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 02:16:52 pm »
Thanks.  Their is a $1,000 rebate this weekend from Sundance more so than the Litehouse Spa discount.  I am sure I can get the same price again if pushed.  Now I am looking at Hot Springs and Jacuzzi.

Micah

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 03:08:31 pm »
Relax, Don't rush it. Make sure that is the spa you want.  If it is, You can get that price tomorrow, next week, next month.  In my experience the only time that you can't get that price again is on damaged floor model or if it is the last of a model year
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 05:17:25 pm »
That Sundance dealer is being way to pushy. Nobody in the world sells that tub for 15K. They sound a little shady to me. I'd look somewhere else.
The last thing you want to do is rush into a spa purchase. Each spa has it's own feel and fits everyone slightly different. It's critical to wet test any spa you are considering to purchase. Take your time and you'll find the perfect one for your body type. Good luck in your search.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 05:23:12 pm by WHY_NOT »

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 11:52:14 pm »
The Gulf Coast Spa's are pretty much crap (IMHO of course).  You become your own spa repair person (they diagnose over the phone with you...just think about how tough that is with your computer and then triple it).  Most on here realize the Gulf Coast is worth no more than $3,500.  They use twice as much electricity, etc.  Then again, the Sundance units can be bought for a LOT less than your local dealer is "lying to you about".  Shop the others and match Caldera and Hot Springs as well as Master, Jacuzzi, Tiger River, Emerald, Bull Frog, Coleman, etc... In other words, you can find a VERY nice $6,500 spa out there.  Just keep looking.

As a point of reference, my J-370 is "nearly identical" to that Optima's lounger-equipped equivalent, the Cameo.  Sundance dealer originally wanted $9K for the Cameo (no stereo, ozone, etc).  I paid $6,500 for my J370 four years ago but others are getting the new model (j375) for around $7K.  In our capitalist economy you can vote with your money... just don't buy from the Sundance dealer
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 11:57:05 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

txwillie

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 08:48:27 am »
I paid just over that for  my similarly equipped 2007 Maxxus. Never looked at pricing for the Optima, but I know that the Maxxus was "stickered" at $13K, so $14K list for the Optima is high, and I would think that you could get out the door for less than $10K. Not sure what a bottom line, really good deal would be, but $11K is not even close.

txwillie
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 08:53:10 am by txwillie »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 10:57:48 am »
Higher "retail" prices allow you to save more money.  

If you buy a $15K spa for $10K, you "saved" $5K.

If you buy the same $12K spa for $10K, you'll only "save" $2K.

So clearly the $15K spa is a better deal.   ;)

Brewman

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 01:14:02 pm »
Wet test a number of tubs before you buy.  I have a Marquis from Caribbean Pools and Hot Tubs in Austintown.  Don't hesitate to look outside your area for other dealers.  Caribbean is 60 miles from my house and has always given me great service

robspa

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 07:13:10 am »
I already posted this on another thread as I made the mistake of starting two I see!  Rick in Cleveland (where I live also) mentioned going outside the area to find a dealer.  Reason is, only Litehouse Spa's stores (about 12 of them) are listed as Sundance dealers on their website.  They are always way above on price and you never walk out of there thinking you received value.  Does anyone else think that you can still get service though from a dealer 60 to 100 m iles away?  Is service basically farmed out to local technicians anyway?  Thanks.

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 08:31:05 am »
There is a new big box store in Cleveland area called The Great Escape they supposedly carry Sundance.  (although I like the mon and pop stores better) You can find their locations on the web.  I needed sevice a couple of times over the years.  When it was a major problem (pump) they can in 48 hrs.  When they replaced my skirt I told them to take their time.  They do all their own service.  Are you stuck on Sundace?  I would wet test a number of Cleveland area tubs....Marquis, Hotsprings, Artic, Jacuzzi, etc

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 08:31:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42