What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance vs Jacuzzi  (Read 5409 times)

robspa

Sundance vs Jacuzzi
« on: April 22, 2007, 08:05:05 am »
Ok since my earlier post this morning I have done nothing but research and go through forums at different sites.  Seems the two most popular brands I am finding are the Sundance and Jacuzzi.  I have ruled Gulf Coast out at this time due to lack of service.  It seems the Jacuzzi brands are less expensive than the Sundance brand.  Does anyone have any opinion of this?  Comparing the Jacuzzi 470 and the Sundance Optima - any suggestions?  DOn't have the exact price of the Jacuzzi - but all indications are that it is less than the $10,995 Optima if I buy it by 5 pm today.  Looking for feedback.  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance vs Jacuzzi
« on: April 22, 2007, 08:05:05 am »

caribbeansun

Re: Sundance vs Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 08:41:19 am »
Forget the buy by 5pm today thing - it's a gimmick designed to create a sense of urgency which apparently worked in your case.  You'll get that price another day.

Try doing a search for Optima on this forum - the first one I saw had a price of $8,000 without the stereo.  If you want a stereo I have not doubt you can purchase something for less money than what's charged for the ones integrated into the tub.

Have you considered if buying from a brand new operation is the best decision?  Will they last, will they be around to service your tub for the next 10 years?  What kind of reputation do other dealers in your area have?  Do some stand out from the crowd and been in business for a longer period of time?  I guess what I'm saying is that this isn't likely to be a one hour decision, your choice needs to be a good one for a good long while.

Have you wet tested any tubs?  Likely not and it sounds like you've just started your search so your best bet would be to dial it back a bit and check out at least 4-6 different brands, narrow it down to say 3 and wet test them and see which ones you like the most.

I'm a newbie to this myself so the above is what I've gleaned from the very knowledgable folk that hang out on these boards.

Good luck!

Mez

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 08:57:14 am »
I agree, the buy it by 5 is nothing more than a tacky sales gimmick..I tend to walk away from a situation like that because I dont like being played for a fool. If you have just the slightest bit of negotiating power, you can get that deal (or probably better) anytime. A $4,000 drop seems severe to me, that is a lot of margin to play with.
I think you need to take Caribeansuns advice and sit back, take a deep breath and investigate. I researched 2-3 weeks before going with my choice (Jacuzzi 345). I looked just about everywhere. When I told my wife I would get her one a few weeks back, I based it on a spa I had seen at a Big Box hardwarestor (H.D.) last year in the $2500 range..not knowing that a "decent" one costs quite a bit more. I could have gotten off chepaer and chances are she wouldnt know the difference, but I figured if I was going to buy one, I wanted quality. If I bought something less, she probably wouldnt be that happy with it and never use it, hopefully in going the opposite direction she will love it, use it, and "thank me" from time to time :)
Shop around, from what I have read on here, Jacuzzi and Sundance are "sister companies" and have a lot of the same parts and the styling looks very similar as well. The Sundance models tend to be priced higher than the Jacuzzis. I personally liked the styling of the new 2007 series with the new lighting. I really likes the J-365 but didnt want to blow that much.
11K is an awful lot to spend...I opted out of a stereo for an extra 900 bucks, its basically a $150 car stereo with a DC to AC convertor...easy enough to do that myself..or even easier, put a 100 boom box on the deck :)
Good luck with your decision.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 10:55:57 am »
The number 1 selling brand is Hot Spring, not Jacuzzi or Sundance.

Jacuzzi and Sundance are made in the same factory.  They use many of the same components.

I had a customer yesterday tell me he would not buy from a company that has such a short deadline for their sale.

Litehouse seems to change brands regularly.  To my knowledge they have gone from Sundance to Artesian and, in some markets back to Sundance, in other markets to Baja.

If they show no loyalty to the manufacturer, how are they going to treat their customer?

Oh, the price of the Optima seems high.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Takedown

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 01:23:44 am »
Last year I was able to order a 2007 Cameo, (equivalent in msrp to the Optima, just has a lounger) for $9200 with the stereo.  This includes delivery, steps, cover lifter, delivery and initial chems.  Without the stereo I believe I was at around $8600.  I would stay clear of that dealer if they tried to force a high price on you under the disguise that you needed to buy by 5pm.  Those sales tactics are cheesy.  My dealer on the other hand didn't even discuss price with me until I brought it up and had wet tested the Cameo.  He gave me a good price and even discussed a lower price if paid with cash (less 3% which they pay in CC fees) which seemed fair to me.

robspa

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 07:06:57 am »
Are you able to order Sundances from dealers far away and they have the tub drop shipped to you?  All I have around me in a 60 mile radius are Litehouse Spa stores - about a dozen of them.  They are always so high priced on everything.  By going far away will I have trouble when I need service - I am sure Litehouse won't service it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 07:06:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42