What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima.....  (Read 2393 times)

Warpdrv

Optima.....
« on: April 16, 2007, 07:02:04 pm »
Settled in on a tub...   obviously the 07 Sundance Optima...

Wondering how the price lines up...     got a quote of $8000.00

not sure if thats with tax or not...  Im pretty sure thats its with tax...

Opted Not to get stereo, but comes with ozone, coverlifter, install/setup, chemicals....

Good price...?

thanks so much for your help....

Warp

Hot Tub Forum

Optima.....
« on: April 16, 2007, 07:02:04 pm »

RUBADUBDUB

Re: Optima.....
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 10:10:06 pm »
I'm gonna guess for 8G thats plus tax. IF thats taxes in on an optima then take it, actually at 8G take the deal anyway! Thats awesome!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:34:32 pm by Rubadubdub »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:00:49 am »
In my area, $8K for an Optima is an extremely good deal.  Here we pay 6.5% sales tax, so that would be about $8.5K, still a couple thousand less than they're charging at the local Sundance dealer.  
Brewman

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 02:39:27 pm »
I paid $10k out the door for my similarly-equipped 2006 Optima, which included %7 sales tax.  Sounds like you're getting a SMOKING deal -- congrats!
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Warpdrv

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 06:00:38 pm »
Well even if I have to pay tax on that it will be like $8448.00

He is a friend, and I am willing to reciprocate on services/favors I can offer...

He's a great guy, and look forward to helping him out also...   I always like doing favors for my friends... :)
Gotta love the barter system !!!!

Now I have to build a deck....   and run some electricity...  good thing Im handy... :)
Im sure I will have more questions,  Thanks for your responses... :)

Warp

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 11:25:49 am »
GIT R DUN!  You'll love the OPTIMA!

tublessnomore

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 12:26:30 pm »
Go for it!  Here in MD, I was quoted 8400 for an 07 Capri and i had 2 dealers trying to get the sale.  Fortunately, one has 2 06's left that I can get for 7400.00 including cover w/lifter, steps, delivery, start up kit, ozone kit, and taxes.

Looks like I'll be changing my name soon.

Mez

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 08:33:15 pm »
I clicked on a link to the Optima and it looks very, very similar to the Jacuzzi J-365 to me. I think I remember reading that Sundance is owned by Jacuzzi or somehow they are related..same pumps, etc. You should check out a J-365 as I was quoted $7495 for it complete with lift, steps, chemicals and delivery...that was before taxes. Go to Jacuzzi.com and look at the overhead shot, they look almost the same...especially the shape of the waterfall.

Warpdrv

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 01:59:45 pm »
I think your right on the setup of the Jacuzzi compared to the Optima.
They are close, and I have checked them out.
Unfortunately the dealer for Jacuzzi in my area is not a very reputable person.

I have a couple of neighbors that have bought from him, and his service is "something to be desired" As well as he wasn't all that friendly about letting me wet test it, as all the tubs are cold water, and wasn't too keen on heating them up...    :-?

As I realize that the Sundance is a bit more expensive, but I think the tub is reputable as well as my connection with the dealer... :)

Mez

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 10:52:34 pm »
I think your right on the setup of the Jacuzzi compared to the Optima.
They are close, and I have checked them out.
Unfortunately the dealer for Jacuzzi in my area is not a very reputable person.

I have a couple of neighbors that have bought from him, and his service is "something to be desired" As well as he wasn't all that friendly about letting me wet test it, as all the tubs are cold water, and wasn't too keen on heating them up...    :-?

As I realize that the Sundance is a bit more expensive, but I think the tub is reputable as well as my connection with the dealer... :)

Cold water wet test? That is ridiculous! How can anyone expect to have a viable business operating like that? I would have done the same thing...showed him my back. The place I got my 345 from this week has been around quite a few years..10+ and I felt pretty comfortable with them...at elast they were nice BEFORE the sale...I cant believe your local dealer, he has the processed reversed :)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 10:01:19 am »
I wouldn't assume the two models are the same.  You need to test them both to be sure.  Sundance may be owned by Jacuzzi, and some components may be shared between the brands, but I could tell when I shopped that the massage experience wasn't the same.  
 That was several years ago- the jets seemed quite different to me.  Not sure if that is still the case.  
Brewman

Warpdrv

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 10:30:16 am »
Yeah.... I didn't think the jets were the same, but the layout and design is quite similar.

I think either tub would be just fine, and like Mez had suggested, I wasn't as confident about the dealer of the Jacuzzi...    It seemed that he didn't like the idea of the moisture from heating up a tub in his show room, as the place looked old and could use some remodeling, which you would think he would have done sometime in the last 18 years he was in business...    The sundance dealer even suggested I come hang out at his house and jump in his optima and chill for cocktails and BBQ...    for a longer feel it out session then I did at his business...  

He came over to my house to scout out the location I was going to place my spa, and ended staying for 3-4 hours shootin the poo...   over Im thinkin way to many cocktails... :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 10:30:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42