What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water help  (Read 6682 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Water help
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 02:15:24 pm »
NO. Do not add the MPS after each soak.

Add dichlor after each soak.  enough so that after 10 minutes your strip reads  3-5ppm.  
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 02:15:24 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 08:30:32 am »
I had my water tested at pinch a penny today and everything came back ok...ph was 7.6 , chlorine 1.5ppm, alk 100ppm  and calcium 250ppm. I did add the ph down last night since it was a little high after the cloudy issue.

Now, to be confused again...the guy there also told me that I should be adding the MPS after eeach soak, not the dichlor because that would give me too much chlorine with the cartridge...I am now confused again....do I add the MPS after each soak and monitor the chlorine levels and add it when necessary, or do I add it after every soak?

IMO, adding MPS after soaking and relying on the mineral cartridge to sanitize is unsafe.  Some have had success with this routine, but most have water quailty issues because there is not a good bacteria kill rate without sufficient sanitizer residuals.  I personally have tried this routine with less than acceptable results.  The Vermonter method is widely used by members of this forum and is a safe, simple way to sanitize your spa especially with a mineral cartridge.  You have received some good advice from the posters here.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 08:30:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42