What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for opinions on a new spa purchase!  (Read 4451 times)

kdipirro

Looking for opinions on a new spa purchase!
« on: April 17, 2007, 08:28:23 pm »
I am brand new to this board and am looking for feedback.

I finally got the green light from the Mrs to purchase a new spa. I had shopped awhile back and loved the Sundance line. I also looked at the Arctic, Jacuzzi, Hot Springs/Tiger River and Marquis Spa lines. The Arctic was too expensive. I liked the Jacuzzi's but wasn't impressed with the dealer. I also liked the Tiger River spa as well. Anyways, I was presented with a deal on the last remaining 06 Sundance Bahia they had in stock. The deal included the spa, CD Ozone SE, Cover Lift, 2 tier steps, Sun Purity startup, supreme cover, drink tray, fragrances and LED lighting package. The dealer included delivery, setup and wiring at no additional charge all for $6900.

I know there are alot of opinions on this matter so let me have it! what say you? good deal?

Thanks

Keith
Proud owner of a 2006 Sundance Bahia

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for opinions on a new spa purchase!
« on: April 17, 2007, 08:28:23 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Looking for opinions on a new spa purchase!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 09:08:54 pm »
If that is out the door (including tax) it is a great deal.  However, I'm not sure what a supreme cover.  I think Sundance only offers one cover and IMO it is not supreme.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

kdipirro

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 09:33:10 pm »
this did not include tax. With tax it came to $7400. As far as the cover, thats how it is listed on the quote "supreme cover"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 09:34:37 pm by kdipirro »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 09:16:35 am »
That sounds like a good  deal.     When you say "Wiring" What does that mean, connection to spa from an exsiting sub panel and cable (just making the connections inside the tub).  Which is nice.  Or does it include wiring in the sub panel and cable out to the tub? (which is fantastic, but also unheard of).  ;)

I have a Tiger River Caspian, and always thought of the Bahia as a very similliar tub.  I paid 6900 for the TR in 05 (inlcuded delivey). It had all the options you are getting, EXCEPT, drink tray, and LED lights and the  Fragrances.

The Bahia is no longer offered, (it's been replaced with "the Chelsee).  What's an 07 Chelsee going for?

Where are you located?

I'm hearing of some exceptional deals being made on the 06 left overs, and wonder if you could do even better? (6500 and we got a deal  ;)  )

07 Caldera Geneva

SpaNE

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 10:55:57 am »
The Bahia is no longer offered, (it's been replaced with "the Chelsee).  What's an 07 Chelsee going for?

I was quoted $7500 for a Chelsee.  I ended up buying a Jacuzzi J-345 for $6500.

kdipirro

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 10:56:11 am »
they seem pretty firm on the price. I looked at the Chelsee but they have it listed over $9,000. I looked back over the summer as well and was quoted the same price as I am now on a tub that they had during a tent sale sponsored by Sundance. By the way I live in Buffalo, NY.

This is the last 06 tub that they have. It actually was sold awhile back to a family that was having a house built and they had some problems so wont be able to take it for another 6 months so they decided to wait. So this just came available as of 2 days ago. I think this is why they are firm on the price. They aren't desperate to get rid of stock.

I liked the chelsee but can't see paying the extra amount for added features I really dont care about. (ie. waterfall, stereo, extra lighting around diverter valves)

I already have the 220 line run so its a matter of doing the hook up.

Also I do really like the dealer. This is all they deal in and do all their own service. The Jacuzzi dealer is basically a pool place that also deals in spas. When you go in there you get a kid working part time that doesnt know alot other than the basics. Also they sub-out all their service to a company. I think I made the right decision but its always nice to get validation. With so many people here I thought I would get alot of different feedback.

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 11:24:38 am »
I'm in Canada and I used to sell the BAHIA for $7500 taxes included. INcluded, Chemical kit, OZI, Cover, Cover lifter, Delivery and until this year if the hydro was ran we would hook it up too. THATS IN  CAD dollars, so personally I think the dealer can sharpen his pencil if he wants your business....Sorry, thats just my opinion though.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 11:46:18 am »
I'm in Canada and I used to sell the BAHIA for $7500 taxes included. INcluded, Chemical kit, OZI, Cover, Cover lifter, Delivery and until this year if the hydro was ran we would hook it up too. THATS IN  CAD dollars, so personally I think the dealer can sharpen his pencil if he wants your business....Sorry, thats just my opinion though.

For those playing along at home....

$7500 Cnd =        $6,650 USD.
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 12:04:37 pm »
And on another board, a poster claims for a  07 Chelsee he was quoted $6995. (no stereo).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 12:28:14 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

kdipirro

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 12:53:05 pm »
I spoke to the dealer again and he wont budge off that price. Think I should look elsewhere? or is it not worth haggling over a couple hundered dollars to keep the spa you like?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 01:12:16 pm »
What else have you looked at and wet tested?

You're not getting a bad deal here. It's just not  the deal of the centuary.  As long as you know that, and that's the tub you want, then that's fine.  It's about what you want.
07 Caldera Geneva

kdipirro

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 02:03:35 pm »
For me it not only comes down to the quality of the tub but also ther service provided during and after the sale. I like this dealer and feel like they will be great to work with. I liked the Jacuzzi's but I dont have good feelings about the dealer. My other alternative is the Tiger River Caspian. The price is identical to what i would pay for the Bahia. The dealer is good as well. I just am not as excited about the seating configuration in the caspian as I am the Bahia.

I guess I made up my mind, just looking for reasons not to pull the trigger. Dont want to have buyers remorse after the fact.

Thanks

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 03:40:25 pm »
DO IT!!  You won't be dissapointed!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 05:05:23 pm »
'07 Caspian or '06?

Can't go worng with either the Bahia or the Caspian.  Being a Hot Spring dealer I can give you reasons to go with the Caspian.  Sundance dealers on the forum can do the same with the Bahia. ;)

Bottom line is once you get either of them home and you are soaking in the warm soothing water, with the jets massaging you, you will wonder why you took so long.

Make your choice and pull the trigger.  You won't regret it. ;D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 06:00:11 pm »
this did not include tax. With tax it came to $7400. As far as the cover, thats how it is listed on the quote "supreme cover"

They are about $1,000 too high at that price IMHO (of course).  Just ask him to knock the excess $1K off the price and give you the "standard" Sundance cover.  That will be a nice way of telling him you know (1) that there is no difference in the covers and that you are offering a fair price.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 06:00:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42