What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 1754 times)

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Gas Prices
« on: April 17, 2007, 04:18:03 pm »
Any service companies or dealers raising their service call or delivery fees due to the high cost of fuel?  My guess is that your freight charges are going up as well.

As a consumer, can you understand the need for this- or do you view this as a money grab?

I'm not talking about a huge increase, maybe 5 or 10 bucks for service and a bit more for delivery.  Trying to lessen the burden of increased expenses.

Hot Tub Forum

Gas Prices
« on: April 17, 2007, 04:18:03 pm »

tommy tunes

Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 09:17:29 pm »
A few years back when I had some well trouble, the well company sent 2 service guys out at $40/hr. each.  It takes about 30 minutes to get to my house from the well company.  They wacked me $40 travel time.  When I expressed my disgust to my father about this he said it is not uncommon for service companies to charge their hourly rate for travel time from call to call.

I'm in a service related field (coin-op amusements).  I don't charge my accounts any service fees simply because I'm making money from them on a weekly basis anyway.  However, if I do get what we refer to as "outside service" calls (homeowner, or some business that may have their own equipment. basically someone I do not do business with on a weekly basis) I always account for travel time.

I would say raise your hourly rate 5 bucks if anything, but if questioned about it just say it's overhead related.  The higher cost of fuel affects every aspect of you business overhead to a certain degree.  I'd also imagine freight costs would be figured into the cost of the part charged to the customer as well, so no need to compensate for that.

In my experience with the rising cost of fuel, my "inbound freight" costs I get charged when I purchase something new from any of my distributors has not gone up.  However, my distributors now charge a minimum of $25 for each machine they deliver to me from their warehouses.  If I make the trip to pick up, then it's my own travel expense.

Hope this helps  :)

cburk0677

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:56:21 am »
You guys need to get diesel trucks and convert them to run on waste vegetable oil. I have a buddy who converted his Ford truck and he can now drive it for around 25 cents per gallon.

If I had a service or delivery business I would look into this bigtime. I'm even considering it for my next car since my daily commute is over 50 miles per day.

Check out http://www.goldenfuelsystems.com/ and http://www.greasecar.com/ for more info.

The conversion costs around $1500 but with the amount of driving a service tech does this would pay for itself really quick. Only other limitation with this system is finding a good source for used veggie. My friend started asking around at Chinese restaurants and now has way more oil than he needs. Maybe offer a discounted hottub to some of the restaurant owners in your area, etc. Most restaurant owners have to pay to have the oil picked up so if you are willing to take it for free they will be grateful.
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:56:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42