What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-365  (Read 8116 times)

MG

Jacuzzi J-365
« on: April 17, 2007, 01:00:51 pm »
Anyone have any thoughts on Jacuzzi J-365. Any ideas on comparable models.
I noticed the good comments on the J-345. I liked the dealer and feel good about support. A lot of negatives from most competing dealers.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-365
« on: April 17, 2007, 01:00:51 pm »

MG

Re: Jacuzzi J-365
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 01:06:50 pm »
Anyone buy a J-365 lately that can help with with pricing info. Also looking at including a stereo? any thoughts

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 01:08:28 pm »
I've heard only decent things about Jacuzzi.  What negatives did you hear?  

Is the steroe standard on the 365?  If a 5 person tub with stereo, no lounger is what your looking for and you want somethign to compare it to,   then  Aria by hotsprings comes to mind, as well as the Caldera Aspire come quickly to mind. I am sure there are others.

Sorry but I cant comment on the price.

I do know stereos on hot tubs don't come cheap. They add $1000-1500 to the price.  Take that into consideration when comparing tubs and prices.

What were you quoted?

:)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 01:46:34 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 01:41:48 pm »
Aria has a lounge.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Mez

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 01:56:57 pm »
I loved the J-365, it was more than I really wanted to spend though. I opted for an ordered an '07  J-345 yesterday instead. The main difference between the 2 is the 365 is 2 inches deeper, has the 4 foot jets in the center vs. the 2 offset on the 345 and an extra pair of calf jets...dealer quoted an additional $1,000 for the 365.
I really didnt want to spend alot, new to tubbing and had set my mind on $3-$4K...quickly found out that price range wouldnt get me anything close to what I really wanted so I opted to spend more and get something we hopefully will like and use. I ended up getting the 345 for $6495 with chem, cover, lift, steps and delivery. I got it in the new color, graphite with the chestnut cabinet, just as it sits in their 300 catalog...it looks great.
As everyone says on here, research tubs and dealers...I liked the dealer here in Cincinnati, no pressure at all, no B.S., just a fair deal. Plus I like the styling and the fact jaccuzi has been around for 50 years. Good luck...4-6 weeks and counting until mine arrives :)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 03:01:05 pm »
I've heard only decent things about Jacuzzi.  

:-?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 03:05:29 pm »
?
07 Caldera Geneva

SpaNE

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 03:22:03 pm »
I opted for an ordered an '07  J-345  I ended up getting the 345 for $6495 with chem, cover, lift, steps and delivery.

Did you get the ozone?  

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 04:32:34 pm »
 The J-365 is a nice spa with plenty of jets and power plus a few nice bells and whistles,like mentioned if you want to go smaller the J-345 fits nicely, basically the same spa with a few jet changes.  As far as the stereo goes the Ipod deal is nice but I think for most people they are overpriced for what you get.  I sell maybe a dozen or so stereos a year if that.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 07:57:33 pm »
Anyone have any thoughts on Jacuzzi J-365. Any ideas on comparable models.
I noticed the good comments on the J-345. I liked the dealer and feel good about support. A lot of negatives from most competing dealers.

I wet tested both a few times before finally pulling the trigger on the J-345. I really just didn't need anything bigger. Both are exceptional hydrotherepy tubs. Mez, did a great job of explaining their differences. Stay clear of those competitor bashing dealers.

Mez

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 09:35:07 pm »

Did you get the ozone?  
Hey Spane...I was told that I would get the ozone. According to the catalog, every 300 series has an ozone injector, with a picture of the box thats says ozone..that says it is optional...my salesperson told me that they include that in every one they sell...something about they install it and Jacuzzi considers it as optionable because of something overseas or somethin like that, hell, I shopped so much I cant keep all this stuff straight. Regardless, he was the 2nd sales rep I spoke with at the store and they both told me that the ozonizer was standard, not just the ozone injector...if you have a catalog or go to jacuzzi.com and download the .pdf file for the 300 series you will see what I am speaking of. Believe me though, I will be checking for that metal box to see if it is indeed installed. I doubt if I have any recourse if it is not since I signed a paper stating if its not on the sales order, I am not getting it, sales reps are not authorized make promises. Basically, just like buyinga car...you sign a paper stating that you understand that the rep cannot make any verbal promises, it has to be on the sales order.
  I will however, raise hell anyway. One big reason I bought there was the dealer has been around for many years and they were in no way high pressure like ALL the other places I visited. Actually, anything but. They were the 1st dealer I visited and I told them as soon as I walked in and was greeted, they were my first stop of many and I was on a fact finding mission only. They walked me around for 40 minutes talking, explaining, very cordial and that was it.
  BTW...did you take delivery of yours yet? Let me know how it worked out for you if you did...did you get the ozone as well?

Mez

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 09:43:35 pm »

I wet tested both a few times before finally pulling the trigger on the J-345. I really just didn't need anything bigger. Both are exceptional hydrotherepy tubs. Mez, did a great job of explaining their differences. Stay clear of those competitor bashing dealers.

Not a great job Why Not :(  A great job would have been had I mentioned the 345 is 84 x 84 and the 365 is 91 x 84...I forgot that part :) I really liked the 365 becasue of the centered foot jets...I couldnt however justify the extra $1,000 for them and the additonal 7 inches and 2 inches depth. Depth was also a concern becasue my wife is only 4'11",  (she claims 5' even :) ) and right around 99 lbs dripping wet...also the reason I opted for the 345 over the 335 with the lounger. She has a hard time staying seated.
  BTW...I ordered the 345 with the new graphite shell and roasted chestnut cabinet...there is a picture of it in the catalog and it just struck me as an unusual but also a very appealing color combo. My wife wanted white, like 80% of the spas sold, but she was actaully won over to the new graphite once she was the photo. I was out restaining my deck earlier to match the cabinet...I'll attempt to post a pic or two when it finally arrives if anyone cares to see it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 09:43:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42