What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance vs Hot Springs  (Read 6573 times)

money4mice

Sundance vs Hot Springs
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:37:07 pm »
Our local dealer sells both these lines in the same showroom.  My son and I went looking on Sat.  We have not wet tested any yet.  I am looking for a 5-6 person spa with a lounger.  We are thinking of putting on a sunroom and this is where the spa would go.  Even though our yard is fenced in, it backs to a moderately busy street.  I think we'd get more use out of the spa indoors.  We want a spa with lots of foot jets (my daughter is a dancer) and good neck jets.  I liked this dealer very much.  any comments on models?  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance vs Hot Springs
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:37:07 pm »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: Sundance vs Hot Springs
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:45:32 pm »
re:"Even though our yard is fenced in, it backs to a moderately
busy street.  I think we'd get more use out of the spa indoors"

"Hot Tub Lung" is much more common with
indoor tubs I suggest you place it outside.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0846/is_12_22/ai_104943663

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/lh_general_info/article/0,2041,DIY_14040_2278562,00.html

http://www.nationaljewish.org/news/y2000/news49.aspx
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 04:30:40 pm by Zep »

money4mice

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 04:26:12 pm »
Thanks for the Hot Tub Lung info.  I would make sure the room would have appropriate ventilation and I would make sure the water was properly maintained.   It seems that that would be ok?

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 11:15:15 pm »
Ask your prospective dealer if you can test one inside and outside. Tub takes up a big area of any room. It's not just the room they take up, it just feels better outside. But, it's your spa, you can put it wherever you want!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:15:37 pm by hottub.pool_boy »
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 11:28:58 pm »
Which models are you looking at?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 11:31:01 pm »
Hot tubbing outside is really fun. I couldn't imagine doing it inside. Good luck with your purchase....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

apple

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 02:37:08 am »
I am building a sunroom around my tub. I am glad that I got it early so I could experience having it outdoors, but I know I will get alot more use out of it inside.  It was awesome soaking in the snow, until I had to get out(especially the day my daughter locked the back door on me ;D ;D ;D). And soaking when its 95 degrees out doesn't sound that appealing to me.  Anyhow, I am sure you will enjoy it wherever it is.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 04:22:24 am »
Our local dealer sells both these lines in the same showroom.  My son and I went looking on Sat.  We have not wet tested any yet.  I am looking for a 5-6 person spa with a lounger.  We are thinking of putting on a sunroom and this is where the spa would go.  Even though our yard is fenced in, it backs to a moderately busy street.  I think we'd get more use out of the spa indoors.  We want a spa with lots of foot jets (my daughter is a dancer) and good neck jets.  I liked this dealer very much.  any comments on models?  Thanks.

Both brands have a good reputation for quality and if your confident of the dealer then the only thing left is to decide which model fits your backside the best. Are there any other dealers in your area?
Retired

money4mice

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 08:39:57 am »
Yes, we have a Jacuzzi dealer, Beachcomer and probably others.  I am in the Philadelphia metro area.  The Sundance/hot Spring dealer is less than 20 minutes away, but i'd also like to try the Jacuzzi brands.  Tonight I am meeting with a final sunroom contractor.  $30-40,000 is a lot for a "lean to" for a hot tub,   We may reconsider after this evening putting a hot tub in a 3 season room.  You all have been very helpful in educating me.  

SpaNE

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 10:04:57 am »
 Tonight I am meeting with a final sunroom contractor.  $30-40,000 is a lot for a "lean to" for a hot tub,   We may reconsider after this evening putting a hot tub in a 3 season room.  You all have been very helpful in educating me.  

I went through the same thought process last spring.  I was building a sunroom and patio and considered putting the spa inside.  I even considered getting a smaller spa and using it inside the sunroom during the winter and moving it outside during the summer.

After considerable deliberation I decided that the spa would be most enjoyable full time in the great outdoors.  The sunroom was finished last May and my new Jacuzzi J-345 should be installed on the outside patio simetime in the next week. :)

Make sure to get several quotes on a sunroom.  We looked at the major players like Patio Enclosures, Champion Sunrooms, etc.  We ended up having one custom builit by a contractor.

Good luck with your decision.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 01:56:17 pm »
You are looking at two of the best hottubs being made today.  If the dealer is good then you really don't need to break your neck shopping around.  If you want the tub indoors then that is what you should do.  It is possible to avoid problems by providing adequate ventilation.  Have an architect draw up the plans for the room and make him or her aware of your intention to put a hottub in it.  Assumptions will have to be made, but it is no big deal.  

As far as the tubs themselves are concerned, try to arrange for wet testing the models that have the features you want.  The tubs will feel different from each other and you will like one better than the other.  Go with the one you prefer.  Remember you can't go wrong with either of these two fine products as long as the dealer supports them with proper delivery and service.

Regards,

Bill

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 03:27:29 pm »
I sell HS and Sundance on my floor as well.  WET TEST!  I just used the new Aria the other day, LOVED IT.  But my favorite is still the Optima.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 03:27:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42