What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tub no workee.. Mice damage?  (Read 2072 times)

WideDomain

Tub no workee.. Mice damage?
« on: April 15, 2007, 12:55:03 pm »
Hi all.. I have been lurking for some time and now I need some of your help. I have been given a tub (Weslo/Icon 628) that is only a few years old. After moving it to my back yard and wiring it up I find that it is not comming on when the power is turned on. I have juice at the control pack connections but the pump doesn't run. I noticed that the console is not displaying anything and nothing happens when I push buttons. I did find that the flat low voltage cable that goes from the pack to the console was chewed thru by a mouse. Three of the wires are chewed thru the rest are intact.

I am wondering if I can splice this cable together like telco or cat cable? Or do I need to order a replacement cable? The tub uses the basic Balboa Pack.

Other than the console cable, everything else looks intact. Any other ideas about why the tub won't run?

David

Hot Tub Forum

Tub no workee.. Mice damage?
« on: April 15, 2007, 12:55:03 pm »

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Tub no workee.. Mice damage?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 02:50:05 pm »
you can splice them together, no problem.  you may have some board damage caused by the rodent problem, only thing to do is splice the wires and see!

WideDomain

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 04:09:20 pm »
I cut the flat cable about 4" from the rj-45 end and crimped a new end on. Connected it back up and still have no signs of life at the control panel. You think the short on the cable damaged the circuit board? Any way to test?

I'm reading voltage from the cuttoff box to the tub. There is no other wiring damage that I have found.    

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:15:41 am »
you need to check the fuse to the transformer, if it is blown, you won't get any signs of life from the tub.  There is a possibility that chewing through the cable did damage circuit board.  Make sure you used the same size connector, and the wires are in the same order- otherwise this will cause you problems as well.  I would call a spa repair professional.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:15:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42