What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leveled tub  (Read 2778 times)

TubGuy 21

Leveled tub
« on: April 12, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »
The dealer's tech came out today to level my D1 Chairman II this morning. I had almost a 2 in diff on one side.  Its perfectly level now... he put supports uder the one side and also some in the middle of the tub under the footwell.  Problem seems fixed, but i read some things that says this can cause damage to the spa because it is not on a continious surface now.  I spoke to him again and he said it will not be a problem.  I am feeling uneasy at this point and would like to know if anyone here had to level their spa?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Leveled tub
« on: April 12, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
Re: Leveled tub
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 02:52:19 pm »
If you are unsure about the leveling, I think the best thing to do is to check the owner's manual or call the manufacturer directly.  For example, Hot Spring is very explicit about which tubs can or cannot be leveled.  My tub, an Envoy, can be leveled using shims, but Hot Springs prohibits this with the larger Grandee and the Vista.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

TubGuy 21

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 03:06:25 pm »
 I cant find anything in the D1 manual about leveling, and they recommend you to the delaer for everything.  It does of course say in the warranty that they are not responsible for a tub on an unstable foundation or incorrect installation.... the dealer's service/install guy who leveled it said it wouldnt cause a problem would be the same one to service it if there was a problem.  I just dont want to get screwed if something happens and they determine it wasnt installed correctly.

Reese

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 03:13:33 pm »
I cant find anything in the D1 manual about leveling, and they recommend you to the delaer for everything.  It does of course say in the warranty that they are not responsible for a tub on an unstable foundation or incorrect installation.... the dealer's service/install guy who leveled it said it wouldnt cause a problem would be the same one to service it if there was a problem.  I just dont want to get screwed if something happens and they determine it wasnt installed correctly.
If the dealer is confident that it won't affect your warranty, have them put it in writing, and see if D1 will acknowledge it as well.  Stuart is a D1 dealer who may be able to give you a second opinion.  Pictures and a more thorough description of the situation would help.

A quite awhile ago, perhaps a year or more, someone posted pics of a concrete shim they constructed by laying poly on the existing patio, building a frame that leveled the tub area, and pouring concrete.  The poly should make it easy to remove the shim if they ever decide to move the tub.  That may be a better solution.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 10:14:24 pm »
Get the dealer to write you a letter stating it is leveled properly. We've done it.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 12:44:04 pm »
If the dealer is confident that it won't affect your warranty, have them put it in writing, and see if D1 will acknowledge it as well.  Stuart is a D1 dealer who may be able to give you a second opinion.  Pictures and a more thorough description of the situation would help.

A quite awhile ago, perhaps a year or more, someone posted pics of a concrete shim they constructed by laying poly on the existing patio, building a frame that leveled the tub area, and pouring concrete.  The poly should make it easy to remove the shim if they ever decide to move the tub.  That may be a better solution.

I was one of the people who did that.  I would definitely want to be sure you covered yourself with your dealer. Some spas indicate they can be shimmed but it may not apply to all.

Here is the link with pictures for my spa to show it being leveled.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1143231808/0#0

And somebody else did something similar in this thread.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1158604491/15

In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

TubGuy 21

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 01:11:52 pm »
Thanks for the replies...I told the dealer my concerns and I did get it writing that they were the installation company and it was done correctly.  They also said they would stand behind it and the warranty will not be void if there was a problem in the future.  I do think it can be improved, and I may look into my options in the near future, but at least I know that it will be covered and dont have to worry about it for now.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 01:11:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42