What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Metal gone and N2  (Read 1975 times)

anne

Metal gone and N2
« on: April 10, 2007, 11:20:02 am »
I generally add Metal gone when i fill the tub, then add the N2 a few days later. I forgot to do the metal gone this time, and the N2 is already in there. Also, forgot to check Ca before N2.

I assume that it is too late to add Metal gone without interfering with the N2 and creating some sort of problem?

My Ca level is only 60. Can I add Ca to the water without messing up the N2?

I only add Metal gone "to be safe" as my water is sometimes hard, so I assume there are other minerals than Ca present. With a low Ca, though, I'm a bit worried.

I'd hate to sacrifice the N2 unit, but if I have to, I'll dump and start over. That would sort of stink, but.......
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

Metal gone and N2
« on: April 10, 2007, 11:20:02 am »

Reese

Re: Metal gone and N2
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 12:03:12 pm »
...I assume that it is too late to add Metal gone without interfering with the N2 and creating some sort of problem?  My Ca level is only 60. Can I add Ca to the water without messing up the N2?...
I asked Zodiak this question when I first started using N2 and was told that metal removers shouldn't affect the N2 silver because it is in ion form and the metal removers work on combined metals.  If you think a metal remover is necessary, (when you used it before, did you see a lot of sequestered metals on the filter?) I'd remove the N2 stick, go ahead and apply it, wait a day, rinse the filters and put the N2 back in.  The worst that can happen is you'd lose some of the N2 capacity.  I don't know if the N2 needs to stay wet at all times or not, but I'd stick it in a pail of water just to be safe, and pour that water into the tub to recover any silver that may have come off.

I don't see why adding Ca should affect N2, any more than Ca already in solution.  Just remember to have your pH and TA in range (IMO, on the low side) before adding Ca, and to add it slowly because it has a hard time dissolving in hot water.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Metal gone and N2
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 12:03:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42