What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leak  (Read 2350 times)

softball

Leak
« on: April 08, 2007, 06:49:31 pm »
I got a sundance cameo in Jan of this year and have had a leak ever since.  It does not drain the water, I really don't notice a water level change.  There is always a wet area under the tub.  The dealer opened up the tub to check but could not find anything wrong.  He said that perhaps leaving the waterfall on is causing the water leak.  So now I turned the fall off and still have the wet area.    When you spend so much money, it is really annoying to have these problems.  I feel that they have to 'fix' my brand new tub.  This is my first tub and would love it to be perfect.  Is that asking too much?  I feel that sundance is a solid company and should stand behind there products.  The dealer said that if the leak does not get better by turning the waterfall off,  he might need to call sundance.  
Did anyone ever have a problem like this and have you ever delt with sundance?
I feel a little frustrated.

Hot Tub Forum

Leak
« on: April 08, 2007, 06:49:31 pm »

Micah

Re: Leak
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 08:03:58 pm »
This is more of a service tech problem than a sundance problem.  The service tech didn't find the leak.  If there is a leak the service tech needs to do a better job of looking.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 08:46:29 pm »
 Stick a piece of masking tape at the top of the water level and don't soak for a few days and see if it drops below the tape. It could just be run off from the underside of the cover when you open it, drippage from your body when exiting the tub, or maybe even some splash out. I have the same thing under my tub but it's from a few of the things listed above. You might want to also lower the temp of the water during those few days of not soaking to limit the amount of evaporation.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:49:31 pm by WHY_NOT »

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 02:15:09 pm »
Leaks are hard to find. My tub developed a leak just last week. They are out today to fix it.  He said it was a real buger to get to. Want to see them working on it just go to my profile, click web site, then click live demo. He has his head buried in there.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 02:23:55 pm by galen »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 05:31:44 pm »
Check the drain plug also to make sure it is tight. You don't know how many times I have seen this!!
Retired

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 10:22:56 am »
Stick a piece of masking tape at the top of the water level and don't soak for a few days and see if it drops below the tape. It could just be run off from the underside of the cover when you open it, drippage from your body when exiting the tub, or maybe even some splash out. I have the same thing under my tub but it's from a few of the things listed above. You might want to also lower the temp of the water during those few days of not soaking to limit the amount of evaporation.

I agree 100%, I am always amazed when someone buys a spa and there is water on the ground and they think it is leaking. Water around a spa is completely normal, if you are not noticing much of a water loss I would not worry about it.

The average person takes a quart of water with them when they get out of the spa.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 10:22:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42