What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wow, look at these new tubs...  (Read 5897 times)

NWI

Wow, look at these new tubs...
« on: April 05, 2007, 07:03:24 pm »
Costco is now offering these PilatesH2O spas.  I especially like the idea of the sequencer.  Has anyone seen one of these yet?  

http://www.pilatesh2o.com/

Hot Tub Forum

Wow, look at these new tubs...
« on: April 05, 2007, 07:03:24 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Wow, look at these new tubs...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 07:16:53 pm »
  How much??

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 07:22:31 pm »
They are made by TM the makers of Gulf Coast...They look really cool even up close until you open them up and start taking them apart. Then you see they are pretty cheesy

My guess is that you won't see the features on them you see now after a few months. They have violated a paten already existing in the spa industry and I think it will create some major issues.

NWI

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 07:24:01 pm »
 How much??
Less than $7K

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 07:35:36 pm »
 :o What a fantastic deal.  92X92 and it only weighs 454lbs must be built really well.

Sorry didnt mean to be a smart -ss   seems like a great spa but probably is not.

Stick with a good dealer you can still find something built and of better quality for less than 7000.00

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 09:54:46 pm »
Thanks....had never heard of this brand.

92 Customizable Jets, 6 Removable Massage Balls,
and Dual Pop-up Waterfalls

« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 08:25:23 am by Zep »

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 10:20:19 pm »
Zep, I just LOVE it when you do your picture stuff!!   :-*  :)
2005 HS Vanguard

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 11:52:01 pm »
All backed up by Costcos magnificent warranty, but dont worry, if you are ever dissatisfied with the product you can unconditionally return the spa. Oh yeah, it's no longer "unconditional" it's a 90 day return policy. Why would they do that?

Costco is now offering these PilatesH2O spas.  I especially like the idea of the sequencer.  Has anyone seen one of these yet?  

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 04:00:48 am »
:o What a fantastic deal.  92X92 and it only weighs 454lbs must be built really well.
Stick with a good dealer you can still find something built and of better quality for less than 7000.00

The Dimension One Nautilis is 91x91 and weights almost 900 lbs dry.
Thats double almost, that means beefier construction, heavier duty pumps and controls and everything else, for a grand more with a local dealer and warranty. Hmmmmmm whats the better deal?
Retired

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 04:55:44 am »
Even my 84 x 84 J-345 weighs in at 822lbs dry.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 08:35:05 am »
re: "Zep, I just LOVE it when you do your picture stuff"

Thanks Kervis....I've always felt seeing what
we discuss helps promote better discussion.

(BTW..plus it's always fun watching the "doom & gloomers"
attack a brand as "trash"....Pics seems to really
get their blood pressure up!....LOL)

Pilates H2O Wireless Floating Remote Control Operation:
Pump 1 – 2-speed
Pump 2 – 2-speed
Pump 3 – Single speed
Stereo Functions (on/off, volume, tuning, CDs)
Programmable Seat Sequencer 1
Programmable Seat Sequencer 2
Light (LED Multi-color)

http://www.poolandspa.com/page4002.htm

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 09:07:17 am »
All backed up by Costcos magnificent warranty, but dont worry, if you are ever dissatisfied with the product you can unconditionally return the spa. Oh yeah, it's no longer "unconditional" it's a 90 day return policy. Why would they do that?

From http://www.costco.com/Service/FeaturePageLeftNav.aspx?ProductNo=11204333

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

The 90 day restriction  does not apply to spas.   Costco recently tightenedup this restriction because they saw large abuse and returns specifically with TVs and computers, but it is still aplicable to spas.

3 weeks or so ago.  here at work, Costco had a booth set up in one of the cafetierias, passing out membership info and such. I asked them about the return policy specifically on hot tubs and was told the no hassle policy still applies.  I asked about abuse and he said, yes, occasionaly they do have someone abusing the return policy on spas, but it's factored in, and at the end of the day, on an aggrregate level, Costco wins.

It's a nice policy, but buying, installing and hooking up a spa is a pain to do.  Returing one can only be worse.  It's nice to know that if you ever are unsatisfied, you can return it, but on another forum, I've read that folks fully knowing these spas were not the same quality as a others, still bought them beliveing they'd retunr them later.

Why? wouldn't you rather buy the spa you really wanted and not worry about bringing it back? Who wants to keep returning a POS, just to try and "Get away with something".  The only thing you're getting away with is a low end spa prone to breaking down that you're going to be hauling back and forth for the next several yeaars, paying throught the nose for electricy and suffering from sub standard therapy.

Or, drop a few grand more and have a great spa  and get on with enjoying your life.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 10:12:16 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 09:28:35 am »
Even if you can return it, how much will returning it cost you?  

Does the price of a Costco spa include full installation, or is it dropped curbside, or worse, the customer has to unload it?  

If the cost just includes curbside drop, any costs of having it moved into place or hooking it up wouldn't possibly be refundable.  Then there may be some costs involved in returning it.  For sure those costs would be born by the consumer.

So returning this bargain spa might cost hundreds.  

Then you're stuck with a dilemma-

Buy another Costco spa again and hope you don't get a lemon this time, or get a better one from somewhere else?  
Buy another Costco one, and repay any hookup costs all over?
Or decide a spa isn't for you after all, and the money you spent of the site prep and electrical is also wasted.

Or decide to keep the lemon and begin the "Who the heck is going to service this thing under warranty" saga.

This may be an extreme scenario, but what Drew said has merit- returning a spa isn't like taking back a faulty paper shredder or sour milk.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 09:31:07 am by Brewman »
Brewman

NWI

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 10:10:11 am »
It's 1000lbs, 454kgs folks.  It must be very well constructed.

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 10:34:03 am »
This talk about the weight of the spa is ridiculous!  Just because a spa is heavy, doesn't mean it is well constructed.  I could name several spas that are extrememly heavy, yet I wouldn't say they are the best constructed- heck, they may even be worst!  This basically goes along the lines of another ridiculous thing I continually read "I won't buy a spa from a dealer unless they have been in business XXX number of years".  Just how do you think they have been able to accumulate that many years in business if nobody would buy from them when they were a new dealer?
Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure these spas from Costco are POS.  But, I prefer to take the tact of a wait and see.  They may be very good for the price and perfect for low end customers, people who cannot spend upwards of 10g's on a tub.  I service spas on a daily basis, and I woud never spend that kind of money on any brand of spa.
BTW, I would charge you $250 to return your spa to costco- same price as delivering it.  My 2 cents

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 10:34:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42