What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newspa temp question  (Read 1762 times)

TubGuy 21

Newspa temp question
« on: April 06, 2007, 12:00:52 pm »
I had just posted that I had my D1 Chairman II delivered the other day.  I have a question regarding the temp setting.  I had noticed that when I run the jets, the temp seems to go up anywhere from 3-5 degrees after some time.  Is it also not possible to cool the temp with the jets on?  The first night, I had lowered the tep setting from 101 to 96 and got in...and instead the temp went up to 104 after about 30min....it did eventually go back dow after I turned the pumps off and got out.  So, last night I had it set on 97 and was in for an hour or so when I noticed it was up to 101.  Any idea why this might happen?  Shouldnt I be able to run the jets and keep the temp where I want it?

Hot Tub Forum

Newspa temp question
« on: April 06, 2007, 12:00:52 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Newspa temp question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 12:06:07 pm »
heat from the pumps are heating the water as it passed throught the equipment area.

I know that running the pumps will increase the water temp, but your's sounds exccessive, but I'm no expert. My tub dispays set set and really haven't noticed any signigicant heat increase.

Is the venting on a D1 Cabinet significantly different than other tubs?
07 Caldera Geneva

TubGuy 21

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 12:10:06 pm »
not sure about the cabinet venting...something just doesnt seem right

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 02:00:41 pm »
 Did you check to see if your heater was coming on to raise the water temperature?

That could explain the heat rise.  Also I'd check the water temperature with an accurate thermometer and see if it agrees with the spas temperature reading.

Have you asked your dealer about this?  Maybe they've seen it in happen to other spas and the'd know the likely culprit.

Brewman

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 01:47:17 am »
I have personally witnessed spas raising in temp 3 degrees in 20 minutes, however, this was with all three motors on in moderate ambient temperature (moderate for arizona that is).  An hour in a tub with motors running isn't a typical spa session, seems a bit excessive to me.  With that length of time, depending on ambient temp, a rise in temp seems reasonable to me.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 08:48:55 am »
My tub has 3 therapy pumps along with a big circ pump and I've only witnessed about a 1º rise in the summer after about 50 minutes. I too turn down the heat but it does creep up.

Were you in the sun by any chance - I've had the tub at 105º after setting it at 101º on a hot day outside and it's in the shade most of the day.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 08:48:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42