What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chalky Water Surface and Bromine Use  (Read 2226 times)

Cayman

Chalky Water Surface and Bromine Use
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:08:36 pm »
Good Evening,

My Sundance tub seems to have a chalky water surface when you view very close in the right lighting.  It reminds me of how oil looks on the surface of water without the rainbow coloring.  I can see it a bit more concentrated in the filter box and even a little bit of film at water level left on the shell, but only in the filter box.  I've also noticed anybody who uses the tub is left with a swimsuit that smells very strongly of the chemicals even after being washed.  I'm using bromine tablets and it seems to take three in the skimmer door to test in the right range.  Does anybody recommend a floating dispenser instead of the door feeder?

I appreciate any insight and thanks for taking the time to help.

Hot Tub Forum

Chalky Water Surface and Bromine Use
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:08:36 pm »

clover

Re: Chalky Water Surface and Bromine Use
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 01:30:48 pm »
Bromine is bromine regardless if it is in the floater, or the weir gate feeder, why spend the money on a floater?  Bromine is also low on the pH scale which is why you have the smell issue, balance your alkalinity and pH.

You may also be on well water?  i might suggest the "chalky" reference could be calcium.  Are you using any "Stain and Scale"?

Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Chalky Water Surface and Bromine Use
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 01:30:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42