What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just for kicks  (Read 1968 times)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Just for kicks
« on: March 28, 2007, 11:11:10 pm »
and maybe a little info. "The Reno Total Home Show" Starts this weekend. Today was set upday, oh the fun we had! For the consumers information regarding home shows. Above and beyond the cost of the booth space, ours is 20x50 for the bargain price of $7,950. Alas that is merely the booth space. To hang our signs $225, to fill ONE hot tub with water, $350 (roughly a dollar a gallon) power drop for 110 volts to run A/V stuff $165 and then the 220v 60a power drop to run ONE hot tub $928. These are raw costs of doing a show and do not take into account the labor to set it up, or the show team air fare and holtel paid to bring them in. Easily the cost of doing one of these home shows exceeds 15K. So, if you are looking for a show deal, you bet, we need to sell 20 hot tubs to make all the trouble worth while. Come BUY a hot tub!
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

Just for kicks
« on: March 28, 2007, 11:11:10 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Just for kicks
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 04:43:41 am »
and maybe a little info. "The Reno Total Home Show" Starts this weekend. Today was set upday, oh the fun we had! For the consumers information regarding home shows. Above and beyond the cost of the booth space, ours is 20x50 for the bargain price of $7,950. Alas that is merely the booth space. To hang our signs $225, to fill ONE hot tub with water, $350 (roughly a dollar a gallon) power drop for 110 volts to run A/V stuff $165 and then the 220v 60a power drop to run ONE hot tub $928. These are raw costs of doing a show and do not take into account the labor to set it up, or the show team air fare and holtel paid to bring them in. Easily the cost of doing one of these home shows exceeds 15K. So, if you are looking for a show deal, you bet, we need to sell 20 hot tubs to make all the trouble worth while. Come BUY a hot tub!

I've always found it better to applaude them on there effort, whether it's a sports show or home show, find and gather information on the product and get contact information for a good deal after the show when they are trying to make up for there costs by blowing alot of product out the door!! Ooops did I just say that!! ;)
Retired

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 11:16:28 am »
The shows here in Ventura have all but died. There are some communities where a good show will draw tens of thousands of people every day for a week. Our little seaside town will pull in maybe 5000 people over three days, if we're lucky.

Yet our prices are similar to what you quoted.

I can run my store for close to six weeks for the cost of a three-day show. If I wrote two month's worth of business I would do them. As it stands, we no longer do the home shows.

Parking lot sales, tent sales, mailers, staying in touch with leads, all yield greater results for us.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

loosenupspas

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 12:58:45 pm »
I continue to do home shows.....the combined total for sales in March 07, Home show and floor sales has been great.  Last March floor sales were slow but the show was great.  The price for 20 x 50 under 8k is a steal....or maybe the Orlando Home Show at all most twice that amount is a steal but on the show producer side.  Anyway good luck....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 12:58:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42