What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover Lifter for Nordic XL - Covermate Freestyle?  (Read 3033 times)

Sudzz

Cover Lifter for Nordic XL - Covermate Freestyle?
« on: March 26, 2007, 10:04:55 pm »
Checked out a bunch of sites on the web looking for a cover lifter for our Nordic Crown XL.  Only thing out there seems to be the Covermate Freestyle but the specs say it only works on spas 36" high.  The XL is a deep tub that's about 40" at the sides.  Before seeing the specs, I ordered one from rhtubs.com.  I called them today to see if it's shipped from the manufacturer yet and it hasn't.  The girl I spoke to there said I need to talk to Andy about whether it's going to work or not.  Andy must be a busy guy because he never called me back all afternoon.

If it won't work, I'll probably just go with this http://www.rhtubs.com/coverlifts/cover-shelf.htm since we have room at the back of the tub for it.

Anyone else been down this road with this tub?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 10:21:32 pm by Sudzz »
Nordic Crown XL - Purchased 12/06

Hot Tub Forum

Cover Lifter for Nordic XL - Covermate Freestyle?
« on: March 26, 2007, 10:04:55 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Cover Lifter for Nordic XL - Covermate Freesty
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 11:33:44 pm »
Beyond busy  ;) . Actually, I left early, so I never got the message or had a chance to call you back. I'll have to check on this one with the manufacturer. We sell very few of these, and this hasn't really come up yet. I also did a little searching, and while a few web sites mention the 36" height maximum, the manufacturers site says nothing. There may also be a way to accommodate a taller spa. I'll find out in the morning, and get back to ya.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Sudzz

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:14:06 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  Looking forward to hearing back from you on here or by phone.
Nordic Crown XL - Purchased 12/06

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 12:34:50 am »
36" it is. Though, I'm sure there's a way for a do-it-your-selfer type to figure out a modification to make it fit
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 12:34:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42