What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Spa, accessories with purchase?  (Read 2856 times)

sonomablue

Sundance Spa, accessories with purchase?
« on: March 24, 2007, 10:26:35 am »
We are within days of ordering a new Sundance Optima. We have looked at numerous spas, at numerous dealers, including a Home Show a few weeks ago. From the beginning, Sundance was high on our list. Now, after more research, including recent wet-tests, we know that we want the Optima.

We are prepared to go in, checkbook in hand, ready to write the check, and get the best possible deal.

In our initial conversations, the dealer has indicated that the price (whatever we narrow that down to), will include EVERYTHING except tax. He said that it includes spa, cover, lifter, steps, delievery, installation, etc. I think he also said the Ozenator is additional cost.  

Now i am wondering, WHICH steps and WHICH cover (will be included)?  

We looked at the Sundance website, and opened the Accessories PDF file, and there are different steps, and different covers - some much nicer than others.  On covers/lifters, do YOU recommend one over the other.? Speaking of which, is there a huge difference between the I, II, and III cover/lifters ?

Are there certain steps, and cover/lifter that are "typically" included?  Let me ask the same question another way. Are the nicer steps and cover, normally an upgrade (and therefore extra cost), or do the dealers typically include a good quality set of steps and cover.

How have you, or how would you approach the situation, if you were me?  

I have a set price, that i think the dealer will come down to. He has hinted that he is willing to "talk".  But i want nice steps, and a nice cover. what say you all?

My wife says we should put all the cards on the table, and tell hime "we want the Optima, with this cover/lifter, these steps, delivery, installation" for $##### beofre tax."  And see what he says.  I am confident that if I don't specify the specific steps and cover - that he will surely come down to our price (he has hinted at his willingness to work with us). I am convcerned that if I get (unreasonably) greedy, and ask for all of our preference, and tell him take it or leave it, that he might say "nope".  We have no plans of going elsewhere (since we want the Optima, and there is no other dealer nearby).

Also, can the ozenator be added after the fact (after it is at home)? is the ozenator worth the extra price? Since it is an extra price, we are tempted to go without it,

what say you all?

thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Spa, accessories with purchase?
« on: March 24, 2007, 10:26:35 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Sundance Spa, accessories with purchase?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 02:20:39 pm »
We are within days of ordering a new Sundance Optima. We have looked at numerous spas, at numerous dealers, including a Home Show a few weeks ago. From the beginning, Sundance was high on our list. Now, after more research, including recent wet-tests, we know that we want the Optima.

We are prepared to go in, checkbook in hand, ready to write the check, and get the best possible deal.

In our initial conversations, the dealer has indicated that the price (whatever we narrow that down to), will include EVERYTHING except tax. He said that it includes spa, cover, lifter, steps, delievery, installation, etc. I think he also said the Ozenator is additional cost.  

Now i am wondering, WHICH steps and WHICH cover (will be included)?  

We looked at the Sundance website, and opened the Accessories PDF file, and there are different steps, and different covers - some much nicer than others.  On covers/lifters, do YOU recommend one over the other.? Speaking of which, is there a huge difference between the I, II, and III cover/lifters ?

Are there certain steps, and cover/lifter that are "typically" included?  Let me ask the same question another way. Are the nicer steps and cover, normally an upgrade (and therefore extra cost), or do the dealers typically include a good quality set of steps and cover.

How have you, or how would you approach the situation, if you were me?  

I have a set price, that i think the dealer will come down to. He has hinted that he is willing to "talk".  But i want nice steps, and a nice cover. what say you all?

My wife says we should put all the cards on the table, and tell hime "we want the Optima, with this cover/lifter, these steps, delivery, installation" for $##### beofre tax."  And see what he says.  I am confident that if I don't specify the specific steps and cover - that he will surely come down to our price (he has hinted at his willingness to work with us). I am convcerned that if I get (unreasonably) greedy, and ask for all of our preference, and tell him take it or leave it, that he might say "nope".  We have no plans of going elsewhere (since we want the Optima, and there is no other dealer nearby).

Also, can the ozenator be added after the fact (after it is at home)? is the ozenator worth the extra price? Since it is an extra price, we are tempted to go without it,

what say you all?

thanks

Of course every dealer is different but most will have std package deals, Std set of steps,covermate 1 or similar.  Cover wise there is no choice of what you get they are std covers from the factory should last 5+ years or so.

The difference in lifts are not huge the cm3 has hydrolic shocks and the covermate 1 does not, I like the cm 1 better myself.

As far as asking for more the least they will say is no does not hurt to ask! Who knows they may say yes.  I would try and get the ozonator at no charge if anything.

They should also provide a chemical kit as well good luck on your purchase!!

I wouldnt be a great salesman if I didnt ask, did you look at Jacuzzi at all??

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 02:38:12 pm »
I lean toward agreeing with your wife.  Agreeing on the price without agreeing on the specifics is no agreement at all.

Make an offer for what you want, but don't make it non-negociable.  

To paraphrase Jacuzzi Jim, did you look at the Hot Spring?  See my PM. :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

sonomablue

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 04:38:39 pm »
Hotubdan,

The system will not allow me to respond to your PM until i have received 5 PMs. Doesn't make sense to me, but oh well.

As for looking at other spas, including Hot Springs, yes we did look thanks. One of the factors for Sundance (for us) is the footdome. We (my wife and I) are both vertically challened. I'm 5'8", and she is 5'2". When we sat in other spas, our legs floated up. When we sat in Sundance spas (with a footdome), we were able to stay in place. There were a few other manufacturers that had footdomes that we looked at. The Jacuzzi dealer went out of business (or stopped selling Jacuzzi), and lost our business. The Dimension One was in the running. But, when all features were considerded, the Sundance Optima met out needs. I DO think that the other spas were of high qualify design and features, and I am confident if I were 6'2", that I would be thrilled with a Hot Springs,, Marquis, and many other spas. But, like i said, when i wet-tested the others, i floated right out of my seat.

Reese

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 05:09:04 pm »
We are within days of ordering a new Sundance Optima. We have looked at numerous spas, at numerous dealers, including a Home Show a few weeks ago. From the beginning, Sundance was high on our list. Now, after more research, including recent wet-tests, we know that we want the Optima....
No need to explain your decision to HTD, JJ or any other "great salesman" ;) wanting to be sure you considered their brand.  Your first post made it clear you had already considered the market, and were confident in your choice.

As far as negotiating strategy... that depends on your read of the dealer, but it sounds as though they are encouraging an offer, so why not ask for exactly what you want, at the price you are willing to pay (or lower if you need to leave room to compromise)?  My fear about leaving out the step/cover upgrade until after you agree on a price, is a natural reaction by the dealer of "I thought we had a deal, what is the real bottom line?"
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 05:10:36 pm by Reese »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 05:09:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42