What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic Crown XL  (Read 9894 times)

Blindsides

Nordic Crown XL
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:47:46 pm »
I am new to this subject so I figured this was a good place to ask about this tub. I have been in the market for a hot tub since I have found out the hot tubs in my hotels while traveling have helped my knee and hip arthritis to the point of not needing pain medication for a few days afterwards.
What I have learned from on the web and the dealers in Omaha, is every dealer has the best tub and service in town. I am not looking for a tub with every new feature out there and that has 70 jets in it. One of the dealers in the Omaha area suggested the Nordic Crown XL for what I wanted out of a tub, the dealer also sells Jacuzzi brand. I also know this dealer has been around for a long time in Omaha and seems to be reputable.
Anyway I was wondering if this is a good solid tub? It seems that it has what I want and need on it. I have been told that I want the heat and circulation of the water more then the massaging jets for what I want out of the tub. I figure the Nordic has the heat and circulation that I want plus a few of the massaging jets if I decide to use them. Also for 3k for the tub, cover, delivery, steps, and 3 months of chemicals it is a good deal.

I would appriciate any help or comments on this! Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

Nordic Crown XL
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:47:46 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Nordic Crown XL
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 05:16:35 am »
I think Nordic is a good solid company and there product has proven to be a good value. I like the round tubs.
Retired

Sudzz

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 09:08:28 am »
My wife and I purchased a Crown XL back in December.  Since she had some very specific ideas about what she wanted  - a large, round, deep tub with barrier-free seating and lots of water movement - the XL was the best choice.  We have used it at least 4 times a week since we got it and have had a couple hot tub parties with friends.  The tub has worked great and the one minor issue we did have was probably our fault.  The dealer fixed it right away though.

Before we purchased the tub, I had read that Nordic uses quality, brand-name parts and I really liked what I heard about their shells.

It sounds to me like the XL will do exactly what you're looking for and the price you were quoted is VERY good.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 09:09:14 am by Sudzz »
Nordic Crown XL - Purchased 12/06

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 09:21:57 am »
HI Blindsides,

I had a 3rd hand nordic tub. Don't know the exact model, but it was round, 240v,  circa 1999 and had minimal jets. It was in very orugh shape when I got it.  A friend gave it to me a few years ago. All in all, thought it was ok.  My Nordic did not have any insulation in it, except for a thin layer of some hard foam sprayed onto the undeside of the shell.  It was expesensive to run in the cold New England winters. It's my understanding that Nordic now offers full foam? You may want to research that a bit more.

Is the model you are looking at full foamed? Is it 240V or 120?

All in all, for me, considering it was  a free tub,  I enjoyed the tub - hey hot water and some jets.  :)  

Would I recomend it?....At $3 Grand you honestly don't get much. For the money, this isn't a bad deal at all.  There isn't too much that 3K will get you delivered from a dealer.  I think nodric has a better reputation than the tubs simiallery priced that are avaialble at the big box stores or on ebay.   The only thing I would suggest is taking a look around at other tubs just so that YOU have a good understanding of what you are getting and what you are not getting.    

Good luck and let us know how things work out for you.    :)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 10:58:04 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

mntubber

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 02:22:22 pm »
Hi,

I bought a Nordic Crown XL in October. I really love it!

Most of the time I'm in it alone. I have a very physical job and it works out perfect. You can move from jet to jet easily and it is easy to do different stretches. Very therapetic! The jets are simple to adjust and can be very strong. I ordered the LED lights and everyone that has been in it agrees that they are cool.

The $3,000 price is a great deal. Getting it wired cost more than I expected (it's 50 amps) - but it doesn't matter now  ;D

I'm glad I made the decision to go ahead and get it and didn't wait any longer.

Blindsides

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 08:33:01 pm »
I have looked at all of the other brands in my area and still like the Crown XL. It is fully insulated. If I were going to use it more for entertaining I would consider moving to a bigger tub with more features. Unfortunatly I will probably be it only user since my wife can not use the tub due to other medical conditions.

Right now I am thinking the Nordic is the way to go. Just have to get a pad poured for it first.

Thanks for all the comments!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 09:17:23 am »
Sounds good.  I hope it really works out well for you.  :)  On one of the ther boards, someone was discussing Nordic (Pool and spa forum )  And I got the impression that you are getting a very good price. If you are unfamilliar with the Pool and Spa forum, let me know and I'll send you a link.  

The one thing I really did like about the ol' round styles is the open seating.  While sculpted seats are very nice, sometimes there's nothing better than a nice simple bench that allows you to streatch your feet out over to the other side, or twist around to get a jet right on that hard to get muscle. When entertaining, there really wasn't any rotating of seats, and moving around. Which was nice.  I prefer when entertaining in to be more of a socil thing as opposed to everyone working through the positions and seats.

If you really want to get blasted, we used to turn off all the smaller jets and open up the two large jets on the side of the filter well and create a nbice whilrpool.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:18:46 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

TubsAndCues

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 11:59:27 am »
Our company used to sell Nordic, and I will say they are a very well built spa.  If All you're looking for is the hot moving water, Nordic could be a great choice for you.

Also, that is a fantastic price.  

Be careful though about the warranty.  This has nothing to do with Nordic, because I believe they are a stand up company as far as taking care of warranty issues, but in a lot of states (such as the one I live in), "Lifetime Warranty" means 7 years by State Law.

That doesn't mean that they wouldn't honor anything after 7 years, but they don't have to.

I always let my customers know that ahead of time just so they knew what the reality of it was.

good luck and I hope you enjoy your new tub!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 11:59:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42