What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First problem with HS Vanguard  (Read 9197 times)

Jack_L

First problem with HS Vanguard
« on: March 09, 2007, 02:13:50 am »
A few weeks ago my wife noticed the chrome piece that goes around one of the moto massage openings had come lose.  I took a look and was not too concerned, saw that it was just a tab that needed to be folded over to hold the piece down and figured I'd get to it later.   Well last week when I was out behind the tub I noticed the back panel looked like it was coming lose.  At closer view, it was coming lose all over the place..  

I contacted Olympic Hot Tub where I bought the tub and they said a guy would be out the following week to take care of it.   I was not there when the guy showed up, but he said they needed to order new panels to resolve the bad panel problem (which is no problem) BUT the way he handled the lose chrome piece was by pulling off both of my chrome pieces and telling my wife, "these always come lose and we don't put them on any longer".  Well, this is cr@p as far as I'm concerned.  I could have fixed that, and would much prefer to have bent the tab back down then to have BOTH chrome pieces pullled off.  It looks like crud, and doesn't match the other side (unless you pull the chrome off of that too!)

Anyone else have problems with their moto massage chrome parts?  What you you all think of how this spa tech handled the moto massage issue?

Hot Tub Forum

First problem with HS Vanguard
« on: March 09, 2007, 02:13:50 am »

xrdirthead

Re: First problem with HS Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 03:54:04 am »
You ever get the feeling some people just don't care.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 07:45:56 am »
What have you done so far with these people to get this resoved to your satisfaction?
 How was their response?
Brewman

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 07:56:08 am »
Hey Jack

When I was shopping for my new Envoy (2006), I noticed that one tub in the showroom had the chrome trim on the moto massage while another did not.  I asked about it and was told that Hot Spring had had a lot of trouble with this piece of trim falling off since it is only attached by fold-over tabs and there is so much water pressure comming through the moto massage.  I was told that the factory had stopped putting this piece of trim on new tubs for this reason.

Sure enough, when my tub was delivered (completely wrapped from the factory), it did not have the trim piece on the moto massage.  So, it appears that this trim piece was causing a problem and the factory has deleted it from new tubs.  I agree that it looked good, but if it was always falling off, I'm kinda glad they deleted it.

Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 09:23:07 am »

Is this really what a HS Moto Massage jet looks like?

OMG....That really looks like something else!

LOL

« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 09:52:32 am by Zep »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 10:00:44 am »
The repair guy was right.

Walk into a HS dealership and you will see that the MotoMassage fascia panels no longer have the stainless steel trim. It was found to be impossible to keep them in place.

Yes - the answer is to remove the loose trim and replace the panels. If the panels are not on hand the tech will order them and return.

But don't panic - they will get the new pieces and replace BOTH so they will match.

And it will not cost you a penny.

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 10:26:34 pm »
OK, so I know this will offend many, but I really dont care. The moto massage jet is one of the weakest in the industry! If you turn the air off to that jet it stops moving. Why? because of the LACK of water pressure. If in fact the water pressuer is/was as intense as your dealer said it was, the jet would have no problem performing it's supposed normal functioning with out the air added to the jet, just like the spinner jets available in their and every other hot tub out there do with or with out air. As for the picture of the moto jet, yep, thats it and it looks like something beamed right down froom the mother ship.

Hot Spring had had a lot of trouble with this piece of trim falling off since it is only attached by fold-over tabs and there is so much water pressure comming through the moto massage.  

Rich
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 10:27:07 pm by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 11:15:48 pm »
[quote author=Wisoki link=1173424432/0#6 date=1173497194]
OK, so I know this will offend many, but I really dont care.[/quote]

Interesting.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Richs100

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 07:20:18 am »
OK, so I know this will offend many, but I really dont care. The moto massage jet is one of the weakest in the industry!
(emphasis added)

I'm sorry, but what a silly thing to say!  If you sit in my tub, I think you will find the moto-massage is one of the most effective jets in the tub.  It runs up and down your back and covers more ground than any other jet I've seen.  

And, with all due respect, this is the type of sweeping comment I would expect from a certain spa re-brander out in Colorado.  I guess I can assume you sell another brand?  

« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 07:23:26 am by Richs100 »

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 10:17:40 am »
OK, so I know this will offend many, but I really dont care. The moto massage jet is one of the weakest in the industry! If you turn the air off to that jet it stops moving. Why? because of the LACK of water pressure. If in fact the water pressuer is/was as intense as your dealer said it was, the jet would have no problem performing it's supposed normal functioning with out the air added to the jet, just like the spinner jets available in their and every other hot tub out there do with or with out air. As for the picture of the moto jet, yep, thats it and it looks like something beamed right down froom the mother ship.

Wow, bitter aren't we.  While the MM jet does not move with the air off IMO the MMDX with the air on is one of the most effective jets in the industry as far as massage is concerned.  It may not do much for you when you stick your hand in front of it but 15 minutes with it on your back and it's hard not to love.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 10:40:08 am »
Interesting...

Attack by competetive salesperson.

Response by 2 owners.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Richs100

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 10:46:04 am »
Interesting...

Response by 2 owners.

I took an extra shot of the KoolAid before I responded.

MUST REMEMBER PRIME DIRECTIVE:
DEFEND.HOTSPRING.MOTOMASSAGE.   :) ;)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 10:51:27 am »

I took an extra shot of the KoolAid before I responded.

MUST REMEMBER PRIME DIRECTIVE:
DEFEND.HOTSPRING.MOTOMASSAGE.   :) ;)

LOL ;D :D ;) :) :-X
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 10:56:24 am »
Define attack? Explain exactly what was inacurate about my post? Does this Jet not stop its normal operational movement with the air off? By all means, correct me if I'm wrong and I'll certainly acknowledge my error, as soon as you can prove me wrong. So, again, why does this jet stop it's normal sweeping motion when the air is turned off from the jet? Richs100, I'm so glad you enjoy your hot tub, however your likening any one with a disenting opinion of hot spring to the colorado coocoo  is, well... weak, like your moto jet. knowsabit, yeah, you're right, bitter bitter bitter, alas what to do what to do, OH the DISPAIR!
 ::)
Interesting...

Response by 2 owners.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Richs100

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 11:15:37 am »
Define attack? Explain exactly what was inacurate about my post? Does this Jet not stop its normal operational movement with the air off? By all means, correct me if I'm wrong and I'll certainly acknowledge my error, as soon as you can prove me wrong. So, again, why does this jet stop it's normal sweeping motion when the air is turned off from the jet? Richs100, I'm so glad you enjoy your hot tub, however your likening any one with a disenting opinion of hot spring to the colorado coocoo  is, well... weak, like your moto jet. knowsabit, yeah, you're right, bitter bitter bitter, alas what to do what to do, OH the DISPAIR!
 ::)

Wisoki:  the jet also stops if I don't pay my electric bill.  What the heck does that prove?

I don't claim to know the air/water mechanics of this particular jet design, but I am under the impression that many tub jets use a combination of water and air to be effective.  And I also know what makes my back feel good while I'm sitting in the tub.  As far as the air control goes, I like the ability to turn off the air if I want to sit in the lounger and only use the neck jets, which I do on occasion.

The controvery you have created is when you make such a sweeping, opinionated statement that the Motomasage is the 'weakest jet in the industry".  When you do something like that, you open yourself up to getting Zimmed.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 11:16:49 am by Richs100 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 11:15:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42