What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Update on Spa Frog experiment  (Read 1528 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Update on Spa Frog experiment
« on: March 17, 2007, 04:11:11 pm »
Well, I finaly opened my spa after not looking at it for 4 days.

I found the water a little cloudy but not too bad. I threw in 3 PPM chlorine and after 40 minutes I still had over 2 PPM left. I will assume that with the silver in the Frog it takes a very little bit of chlorine to kill bacteria.

I did seem to get some extra time out of the spa and I only used 1.5 PPM on Tuesday and had a residue of 0.5 PPM after 20 minutes. It seems that maybe the Frog is doing something. In the past, I had to put chlorine in every 2 days max or else the tub would get cloudy.

So far this has been positive. Time will tell.

Hot Tub Forum

Update on Spa Frog experiment
« on: March 17, 2007, 04:11:11 pm »

Cola

• Time for bed kids
Re: Update on Spa Frog experiment
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 04:36:48 pm »
I havn't been here for a while but here is what I found.
I haven't been in the tub lately due to time spent with photography business.  I went three weeks without even opening the tub.  I use frog minerals with manual dichlor and two - one hour filter cycles per day.  The tub got cloudy but I recovered it with a mild shock.  I took a dip the next morning, added a bit of dichlor and closed it up.  Four weeks later, I opened it up again and the water turned on my - really bad.  It was to cold for a dump and fill so I tried to recover it.  24 hours later, it was still cloudy and a bit discoloured.  I was going to dump the following weekend but when I opened it - crystal clear water.  I added a bit of dichlor and it was good to go.
The bottom line, I found that wy water used to turn after three days with 0 ppm dichlor, With the mierals, I get weeks now.  If you use your spa daily, don't bother with it.  If your like me, then consider trying it.

Steve

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 04:55:11 pm »
Hey Steve, Glad to see you back. Sounds like your business has taken off...That's great!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 04:55:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42