What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi FL1  (Read 5717 times)

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
Jacuzzi FL1
« on: March 05, 2007, 11:03:24 am »
Looks like my first Jacuzzi service call is going to be today. I have had the tub 18 months.

On Saturday night I went out to the tub and found I had an FL1 error. It was time to change the water anyway so I figured I would change the water on Sunday and see if it simply needed some air purged from the line.

So after refilling, cleaning the filters and purging the line still have an FL1 error.

Thinking about it during the past few weeks my wife and I had noticed the circ pump seemed to be making more noise than usual. Not sure yet whether it's the pump or the flow switch.

I'll let ya'll know how Jacuzzi service is here in Silicon Valley.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi FL1
« on: March 05, 2007, 11:03:24 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi FL1
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 11:11:25 am »
 Sounds like your circ pump quit working the tech will most likely replace it, takes about 15 minutes to do and you will be good to go.  the only thing that causes the FL1 error is clogged/dirty filter or a bad circ pump  if it ever reads FLO2 thats the flo switch.   ;)

Micah

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 11:39:50 am »
SVSPA,
I know this may seem a little simple, but sometimes we skip the simple stuff.  Have you tried to take the filters out and restart the spa.  If your filters are bad and need to be replaced that will cause the same FL1 code.  
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 12:25:45 pm »
Because this happened at a drain and fill, it may be that the circ pump has an air lock which might not come free with the normal purging techniques.  As Micah suggested, try pulling your filters and running without for a few miunutes (turn off spa first).  Sometimes this clears the circ pump line.

If you think the circ pump is failing, try tapping the impeller end with the handle of a screwdriver.  Sometimes this will free up the circ pump, but even if it does, its time for a new one.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 12:27:23 pm by tony »

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 12:27:09 pm »
For what its worth.... My circ pump was getting progressively noisier. I called, they had me take the filters out and check it, still noisy. Replaced the pump and it's been perfect since.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 12:35:58 pm »
Sounds like your circ pump quit working the tech will most likely replace it, takes about 15 minutes to do and you will be good to go.  the only thing that causes the FL1 error is clogged/dirty filter or a bad circ pump  if it ever reads FLO2 thats the flo switch.   ;)

Come on. :D  It takes 15 minutes to get the door off and back on.  ;)  The job will take at least 20 minutes! ;D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 01:21:23 pm »

Come on. :D  It takes 15 minutes to get the door off and back on.  ;)  The job will take at least 20 minutes! ;D

I gotta tell ya, it took the tech less than ten minutes to change my circ pump.  I think he was even surprised, but it really is simple.

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 02:11:53 pm »
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yes I tried running the spa sans filters.

Just to clarify the FL1 showed up on Saturday. I was going to do a water change anyway so I just waited until I did the water change on Sunday before trying any troubleshooting. Like cleaning the filters and purging any air in the line.

I agree with you guys, the noise coming from the circ pump sure makes me lean toward circ pump.

Steve

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 07:17:02 pm »
Looks like my first Jacuzzi service call is going to be today. I have had the tub 18 months.

Steve,

I'm glad to hear that another J-345 is giving it's owner great satsfaction. Definetly keep us posted on this. :)

Chad

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 04:13:37 pm »
To wrap up this thread.

Went to Paradise Valley Spas website and placed a service call through the website. Figured I'd find out how responsive they are to their email.

Received an email back within 2 hours scheduling a service tech the day I wanted. They didn't give me a time but said the tech would call me in the morning with the time.

Sure enough the day of service the tech called in the morning, said he would be there at 2:30pm. He called again about 30 minutes before and said he was on his way.

Arrived on time. Confirmed it was a bad circ pump, replaced circ pump and said 'Have a good weekend' all in about 30 minutes.

Overall good response and resolution to my problem.

Steve

Micah

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 04:31:59 pm »
Thanks for the feedback about how well they treated you.  Most people will post only when something goes bad...its nice to see the other side.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 04:35:28 pm »
Another circ pump bites the dust.

Couple things that will help in the life in these fine gems?

1. Water chemistry is very important, the contact point of the impeller to the motor can get corroded/eaten and when this happens the impeller cannot spin true so the sides will rub the cup area of the motor and cause heat build up and eventually kill the pump.

2. The impeller needs to stay clean, any little bit of debris can cause the impeller not to spin true thus causing the same problem as mentioned above. The best way to accomplish is do not run the spa without the filter(s).

What I have found to work best for some people that always seem to have problem 2 is I put a small in-line filter that uses a small mesh screen on the suction side of the pump. That way if anything gets past the filter it will not make it to the pump.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 08:21:33 pm »
Another circ pump bites the dust.

Couple things that will help in the life in these fine gems?

1. Water chemistry is very important, the contact point of the impeller to the motor can get corroded/eaten and when this happens the impeller cannot spin true so the sides will rub the cup area of the motor and cause heat build up and eventually kill the pump.

2. The impeller needs to stay clean, any little bit of debris can cause the impeller not to spin true thus causing the same problem as mentioned above. The best way to accomplish is do not run the spa without the filter(s).

What I have found to work best for some people that always seem to have problem 2 is I put a small in-line filter that uses a small mesh screen on the suction side of the pump. That way if anything gets past the filter it will not make it to the pump.
Actually D1 started putting a screen on the circ pump filter a few years ago...helps a lot but if you don't clean the screen you can still have a problem.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 08:21:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42