What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Scented Crystals  (Read 4096 times)

Spiderman

Scented Crystals
« on: February 01, 2007, 04:40:40 pm »
Anyone use Spazazz or similar brand crystals in their tubs?   Our dealer gave us a jar of the Spazazz when we bought our tub and I just found it today and thought we'd finally try it.  What effect will the crystals have on the water chemisty of our tub?  I don't really give a darn about the crystals, but my wife wants to try 'em out.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

Scented Crystals
« on: February 01, 2007, 04:40:40 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Scented Crystals
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 06:22:00 pm »
We used to sell them.  Should not effect water chemistry.  Do not overdose. :-?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 12:24:22 am »
Happy wife, happy life.

Go for it.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 07:28:15 am »
The eucalyptus ones are nice when you have a cold.
Brewman

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 10:41:53 am »
I much prefer the crystals to the oils. I find the Oils is over used leave a film on the top of your water. This is just my opinion and observation though.

neocacher

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 05:50:16 pm »
i have tried the crystals and the liquids.  I have had good luck with both, with no residues.  The crystalls are much more expensive to use, because you have to use about twice as much to get a scent, so while the liquid is a bit more inconvenient, that is what I have gone with.  I use them in almost EVERY soak.

I  use InSPAration.

Neo

DrOperations

• Royal Spa Emperor II
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 09:20:37 pm »
I use Leisure Time's liquid fragrances with no problems.  We like the scent called "energy".

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 11:01:58 pm »
I was troubled by a sinus infection several years ago. One of my employees sent a bottle of Eucalyptus Mint InSparation home with my son. I told the family I would go in after dinner. They all wanted me to feel better, so one by one they each snuck out and added some of the scent, not knowing the others had done so.

By time I got out to get into the tub, the bottle was half empty, but I figured it was just an open bottle from the showroom or something, and I dumped in a glug or two.

Well, it cleared up my sinuses alright. Also the sinuses of every neighbor, family member, friend,enemy, and people I have never met in a four-mile radius. In fact I heard a flock of geese flying over on their way north, and they deffinietly sounded much more clear after they passed through the cloud rising from the tub. And it must keep Walled-Eyed Lumurs away - I know we haven't seen one within a mile of the place ever since.

I did a water change the next day to get rid of the scent, but it had gotten into the lid overnight. We smelled the stuff for a couple of weeks. Fortunately, we like the smell...

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

anne

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 12:00:31 am »
I used inSPArations a while back, but it made my water cloud up when agitated by the jets, so I stopped using it. I was not sure how much of it was the fault of that product, and how much of it was that I was close to do for a water change. After reading this thread, I tried inSPArations again tonight (still had most of the bottle) and at first everything seemed fine. But after several minutes of all of the jets and the bubbler on, the water was CLOUDY!  :-X >:( :P I guess I'll see what it looks like tomorrow. The bottle says to add 2-3 caps full, and I added a scant 2.
Dance like nobody's watching

Tyheethan

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 12:17:28 am »
My experience with InSPArations was very similar to Anne's.  After use, the water looked good with no jets running, but fire off a jet or two and here come the clouds.  After jets went off, it took about 30-45 seconds for "fizzy" to go away.  On a side note, it never did really change my chemistry-water chemistry that is. ;)

BxCowboy

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 08:55:47 am »
Well, it cleared up my sinuses alright. Also the sinuses of every neighbor, family member, friend,enemy, and people I have never met in a four-mile radius. In fact I heard a flock of geese flying over on their way north, and they deffinietly sounded much more clear after they passed through the cloud rising from the tub. And it must keep Walled-Eyed Lumurs away - I know we haven't seen one within a mile of the place ever since.

I done heard it woiks wonders fer da hemorroidal flare up and the heartbreak of psoriasis ;D
...better a bottle in front of me, than a prefrontal lobotomy...on second thought, fire up the spa, Ma

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 09:52:08 am »
EW
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 09:52:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42