What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My first mild day, EMERGENCY WATER CHANGE!!!!  (Read 5181 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
My first mild day, EMERGENCY WATER CHANGE!!!!
« on: March 13, 2007, 10:44:16 am »
Hello all, I just replied in the BS section.  I have had the winter from hell.  I dont know what happened but my city is falling apart at the seems.  Work has been very busy and I have put in for a 7 year detective spot.  Fingers crossed, but I am the youngest guy going for the spot.  I put in to take a break from patrol.  I had a little incident last month that really made me think about things and the need to be around for the family.  

Anyways......... my water has been in desparate need of a change, however, the weather and windchill has been terrible.  My water line has been frozen for 2 solid months.  Today the sun is out and it is mild. The line is ready so, I just started draining the tub and chipping all the ice off of the cement around the tub.  

My water is gross, and I have not wanted to use it, however, I am looking forward to a hot soak hopefully tonight.  Is there anything that I need to worry about, with the winter while changing the water.  I just assume I need to drain and refill quickly.  I forgot to mention, my last water change was in NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2 weeks ago, the water, has become impossible to keep looking nice.

Its good to be back!

Hot Tub Forum

My first mild day, EMERGENCY WATER CHANGE!!!!
« on: March 13, 2007, 10:44:16 am »

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
Re: My first mild day, EMERGENCY WATER CHANGE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 10:49:32 am »
Boscoe hope all is well......I did my change when it was extremely cold out as well, I did it quickly and didn't bother with getting the water all the way out or worry too much aboout scrubbing the tub clean.  When it's that cold out just dump and fill, took me about 1 1/2 to dump and fill using the spawand or whatever it's called.  Good luck and I hope everything works out for you, not just your tub.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 11:24:29 am »
How cold are we talking here?  
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 11:35:19 am »
I last changed mine last november as well.  When you do it get it refilled and powered up, see if you can beat this  ;)

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 01:09:19 pm »
Bill your not supposed to have it on Celsius... ;)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 01:33:37 pm »
I matched you.  The water is sitting at 42.  I hope it will be ready by tonight.  It finished refilling at 1:00pm.  I will let you know how long it takes to refill

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 01:45:19 pm »
I'll quicky jump in....

for folks getting through thier first winter with the water, and are concerend about draining the tub, and/or the time it takes, don't forget that a partial water change can really make a big difference.   :)
07 Caldera Geneva

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 01:54:37 am »
I did a partial Monday, it was all I had time for.  Drained about 2/3 of the tub and refilled, it was sitting at about 67 degrees afterwards.  As drew says, should be enough of a "freshen up" to last for a couple months until we get more proper spring weather.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 10:46:33 am »
Bill your not supposed to have it on Celsius... ;)

Actually, There is some goofy combination of keystrokes to change it to Celcuis. If you lean on the panel getting out of the tub in just the right way, it switches, and I have to pull out the manual and figure out how to get it back.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 10:48:38 am »
I matched you.  The water is sitting at 42.  I hope it will be ready by tonight.  It finished refilling at 1:00pm.  I will let you know how long it takes to refill

I think I put my heat back on around 10:30am and when we got home from the Bob Seger concert at midnight it was around 97.  Thats about the 4 degree per hour norm for this tub.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 02:18:03 pm »

I think I put my heat back on around 10:30am and when we got home from the Bob Seger concert at midnight it was around 97.  Thats about the 4 degree per hour norm for this tub.
I'm not a fan concerts most of the time..Don't like the lines, the crowds, the smells and in general get irratated with some of the nuts that go but.....DUDE!! BOB SEGER?! I'm jealous!

Had to be very cool... 8-)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 02:35:08 pm »

97? Seegar isn't that old.
 ;)

How did he sound? I'm thinking on picking up his new CD. but have heard mixed reviews.
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 08:05:55 am »
He came through here a few months ago- sold out instantly.  Didn't get online early enought to get ticktes, and the line for the company suite was a mile long.
  I'd have loved to see his show.

Brewman

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 11:47:47 pm »
We went to the Seger when he was here- He sounded great!  The one thing that I noticed on our way to our seats is that everyone(the fans) was so OLD!  Geez, the last time I saw him (in the 70's) it was all teenagers!
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

BxCowboy

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 07:50:09 am »
...forty years...where'd they go....forty years...I don't know....
...better a bottle in front of me, than a prefrontal lobotomy...on second thought, fire up the spa, Ma

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 07:50:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42