What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: removing jets  (Read 3093 times)

kufferaths

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
removing jets
« on: March 10, 2007, 07:21:15 pm »
I have a D1 Chairman II and I cant seem to remove the jets.  I want to take them out and clean them.  Also what would be a good cleaning solution for them so they  will spin freely again.  Most of them work well, but some are getting sticky.

Hot Tub Forum

removing jets
« on: March 10, 2007, 07:21:15 pm »

vjs1958

• 2006 Dimension One Seville
Re: removing jets
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 10:44:50 pm »
I have a D1 Seville. To remove jets you have to turn the adjustment ring counterclockwise past the point where the jet shuts off. You should feel a click which means the jet is unlocked and can be pulled out. I find some of the jets on my tub extremely hard to remove especially the ones on the adjustable pillow. I destroyed 2 of those trying to put rotating jets in place of the directional ones. My dealer is great and replaced them both under warranty even though I broke them and told me that the pillow jets are always very difficult to remove. On my tub the adjustment rings are smooth and very hard to grip when wet. I use a pair of light gardeners gloves that have a sticky rubber pad on the palm and fingers. One of those rubber mat bottle/jar openers help grip them as well. Sometimes I can't get the jet to stay in after removal. Give them a tug after you put them back to be sure they're locked in or they'll be floating in the tub with you. Good luck.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: removing jets
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 10:44:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42