What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 303 Vinyl protectant  (Read 19406 times)

Tom

Re: 303 Vinyl protectant
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 03:12:05 pm »
"However, since we have not tested our product in this type of application we can not recommend it."

[size=18]
HELLO ? ? ? ? [/size] Armor-all themselves don't recommend it.

Geez, Doc, you don't have to shout.  :D  It says "can not" not "do not".  

I just don't think people should malign the product without evidence.  If you have additional evidence, I'll listen.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 03:12:05 pm »

Spa_hottie

• HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 03:58:24 pm »
We sell 303 in our store and use it on our display spa covers. It gives a great shine and smell it gives off is not too offense that we can't do it during business hours. ;)
GO BLUE!

Tom

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 05:25:42 pm »
Speaking of odors, have you heard the story that bears are attracted to hot tub covers because of the formic acid they (the covers) contain?  I wasn't able to find any evidence of that one, either!   ;)  Nor could I find any indication that formic acid is used in the manufacture of, or is produced by the aging/degradation of, either marine grade vinyl or polyurethane foam (other types of foam, I didn't check).  

However, I did find some evidence that bears are attracted to the water IN the hot tub, which suggests that if a bear damages a cover it is  while he is impatiently removing  it to climb into the tub.   ;D

Yet I found what should be reputable sources repeating the story that bears love to munch on hot tub covers.  (Well, if they munch Arctic Covers, at least they've got good taste, and will get a big thick mouthful.    ;D  )

Unverified and unsubstantiated rumors abound on the internet.  Few people seem to ask, "I wonder if this is true?"  They just pass it on....
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 05:26:45 pm by Graybeard »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 05:51:03 pm »
Speaking of odors, have you heard the story that bears are attracted to hot tub covers because of the
Yet I found what should be reputable sources repeating the story that bears love to munch on hot tub covers.  (Well, if they munch Arctic Covers, at least they've got good taste, and will get a big thick mouthful.    ;D  )

Unverified and unsubstantiated rumors abound on the internet.  Few people seem to ask, "I wonder if this is true?"  They just pass it on....
Yeah but most bears after dining on the Arctic cover quickly develop a bad case of ingestion..... ;)

Tom

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 03:48:35 pm »
Yeah but most bears after dining on the Arctic cover quickly develop a bad case of ingestion..... ;)

I'm sure that's true.  And even worse if they try to eat the interior metal frame.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 04:26:49 pm »
The whole Armor All rumor is just that, a rumor.

I've been using it on my Hot tub cover now for 6+ months. Looks great.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 04:36:47 pm »
The whole Armor All rumor is just that, a rumor.

I've been using it on my Hot tub cover now for 6+ months. Looks great.

BTW, the issue with Armor All has always been that if you stop using it you'll start to see the issues with drying out/cracking so I suggest you continue to use it. Twice I have dealt with spa owners who happen to work in the car detailing business and both echoed the concern of use of Armor All saying they would never use it so they know not to use it on their cover.

Of course I have no scientific proof that it is an issue. How do you know this to be rumor?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 04:37:22 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 04:46:02 pm »

BTW, the issue with Armor All has always been that if you stop using it you'll start to see the issues with drying out/cracking so I suggest you continue to use it. Twice I have dealt with spa owners who happen to work in the car detailing business and both echoed the concern of use of Armor All saying they would never use it so they know not to use it on their cover.

Of course I have no scientific proof that it is an issue. How do you know this to be rumor?
tuo,

I've heard the same thing including attributing the drying and cracking of vinyl that no longer receives AA treatment to the silicones that AA uses.  The story goes that the silicones draw the oils out of the vinyl thereby drying it.  303 uses no silicones...the biggest difference between the two.

I apply 303 about 3 times a year to mine, which is in direct sun all day and I'm very pleased with the results.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

drevos

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2019, 02:56:44 am »
Greetings, I need a good product that effectively dissolves and absorbs seasonal pollutants from the siding surface without harming this surface and the environment. It should not leave spots, traces, and stains - this is an extremely important difference that distinguishes a specialized cleanser from other cleaning products. It is said that this is a good product  and after washing away the pollutants and when the siding is dry you will not see whitish marks and stains on its surface! Is it true?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2019, 02:56:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42