What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Waterway Monster Flow  (Read 1846 times)

Spot9

Waterway Monster Flow
« on: July 18, 2019, 07:44:19 am »
My old Coast Spa has 2 Waterway Monster Flow pumps. I have watched dozens of videos on how to replace the seal and impeller. The pump was working but was leaking between the motor and wet end. The videos show simply securing the shaft and turning the impeller to take it of. I had to use oil filter vice and turn it until it broke apart. The new impeller doesn't fit over the shaft, seems to have a bolt on the end??  Anybody ever have any experience with one of these pumps, model PF 50-2N22F?

Hot Tub Forum

Waterway Monster Flow
« on: July 18, 2019, 07:44:19 am »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Waterway Monster Flow
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 02:17:00 pm »
not uncommon to have to 'break' an impeller to get it off the shaft, most techs carry an 'impeller wrench' that allows them to easily grab the shaft of the motor at the back and spin off the impeller or in this case break off the impeller (keep in mind reverse threads) the new impeller should slide onto the shaft with the new Shaft Seal installed and thread into place, some also have a nut to tighten it down but it has to fit over the shaft, if yours does not then it is the wrong impeller

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Waterway Monster Flow
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 02:17:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42