What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just back from class  (Read 10260 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Just back from class
« on: February 24, 2007, 01:05:40 pm »
Wow - I posted about my trip in the General Info heading, but I guess it's ok to talk about this here. That's fine with me
 ::)

I just spent three days with some of the top sellers in the HotSpring world. The trainers are amazing, the information was cutting-edge, and the level of excitement was amazing.

One note: we did not spend much time on product knowledge. This is a by-invitation-only event, and they figure by the time you make it to this level you should know the product inside and out.

And we did not spend much time on competitive products because we are very big on talking about what we have, not what we don't have to offer. It was never said, but it was very much assumed that we don't talk down the competition. We don't have to...

There were a couple of dealers in the room who have one particular competing brand on their floors - and we talked about how that brand sells against us. It was informative to say the least. It's great to get that kind of insight.

I will add this: we were not there to learn about new products or features, that is handled at the dealer meetings around the country. So I don't have anything to report about new features or new models.

However, one award-winning, good-looking, intelligent dealer was allowed to give a report on a way to easily connect the iPod to our Spaudio II system. Wow - now you have a world-class sound system which is integrated into the whole spa experience in a way no other brand can come close to,

AND

you can have your whole music library available through your iPod, you can control the iPod through the floating remote, it charges your iPod, and you get track info displayed on the face of the Sony stereo unit as well, so you can tuck the iPod safely away if you prefer.

That's cool! In the hot tub market of today, customers demand COOL. Hope I didn't just give away a secret or anything...

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Just back from class
« on: February 24, 2007, 01:05:40 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Just back from class
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 01:25:04 pm »
Chas,

I genuinely have the utmost respect for you. But I must say it is extremely assumptive to assume that when we looked at others tubs it was to look down at them, that was very much not the case. As you mention we also have dealers who offer multiple lines and they also offer input about the lines with some those being Watkins dealers, some having more than one store. I happen to share a 45 minute cab ride with a gentleman who had "about" 8 months ago gone through 3 days of Hot Springs training and his insights we very interesting. I hope you had a great time.... :)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 01:39:15 pm »
Thanks for your kind words, I respect you as well.

I didn't say, nor did I mean to infer that "when we looked at others tubs it was to look down at them."

All top-selling dealers had better have a very good handle on the competition, and I think it was very good that you all got to try competing tubs.

I said in my post that we don't talk down the competition because that is a commonly recurring theme here on this web board. Not that YOU do it, not that I do it, but shoppers bring it up often when posting about their shopping experiences.

If I assumed anything, I assumed that you DON'T down talk the comp.

8-)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 02:10:08 pm »
Chas,

let me ask you something? I wish we would get shoppers here in our store who were more like many of the members here in that they have done some research and have an idea of what they are looking for in their spa. but when you mention talking down the competition so many times it seems like we get probed into talking about another brand when even when you politely try and let someone know you would rather just focus on your product, some will persist in asking what do you really think another maker and the such, do you or other dealers get much of this.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 02:20:26 pm »

However, one award-winning, good-looking, intelligent dealer was allowed to give a report on a way to easily connect the iPod to our Spaudio II system.
Term was at your meeting??

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 02:50:49 pm »
Term was at your meeting??

It is my understanding that Chris was invited, but was busy cleaning out a toilet or somesuch and couldn't make it.

8-)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 02:54:12 pm »
so many times it seems like we get probed into talking about another brand when even when you politely try and let someone know you would rather just focus on your product

I get this from time to time. It shows that the customer cares about the details, and I can just about bury any competing local dealer in details. I love the way our tubs are built - as you obviously do with yours - and I have no trouble getting the conversation onto how awesome our tubs are, and why would anyone want to even think about owning anything less. Oops, I mean, anything else. Mostly the same letters, easy mistake.
 ;D

8-)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 03:01:50 pm »
I bet you guys can't guess which spa manufaturer's classroom this is.
It was their best showing of all time.
I left a clue.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 03:16:14 pm by WHY_NOT »

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 08:57:38 am »
What did you put in the trash?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 09:00:10 am »
That's for me to know and you guys to find out. :)
It's a clue. I'm sure someone will figure it out.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 09:27:22 am »
I'm not sure, but that looks like a 'full foam' classroom to me.
But, I don't see a drain on the floor.  ;)
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

DrOperations

• Royal Spa Emperor II
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 12:18:52 pm »
It's Definitely Article In Trash  (DAIT!).

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 12:48:18 pm »
First This:
"we don't talk down the competition. We don't have to..."
"we don't talk down the competition because that is a commonly recurring theme here on this web board"

Then This:
"(HS)world-class sound system which is integrated into the whole spa experience in a way no other brand can come close to"

[size=16]But Chas.....Do the above two statements conflict?[/size]

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 12:58:34 pm »
Let me give that some thought and get back to you...

8-)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 01:00:03 pm »
Chas....I am just razzing you buddy.

I totally respect you and I think you meant you don't
trash the competition by name and you didnt.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 01:00:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42