What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just back frm Class  (Read 40700 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Just back frm Class
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2007, 01:43:46 am »

hottubdan, I noticed that on the HS website they have the Vanguard listed as a HP model. In fact, they have have attached the HP logo on all the non-classic models. When you go into the pdf they list the Vanguard as EE. I guess it's a typo on the website.

I always thought the Grandee, Vista, Aria, and Envoy were classified as HP models.

http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tub/spa_model_vanguard.html

You are correct.  If the marketing department is monitoring, it will be fixed. :P

If not, I will bring it to their attention, fully crediting Gomboman! 8-)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2007, 01:43:46 am »

MarKee

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2007, 03:21:36 am »
I believe the spas were:

HS Vanguard
Sundance Optima
Jacuzzi J-365
Master LSX

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 03:29:02 am by Hideaway_King »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2007, 10:11:09 am »
I believe the spas were:

HS Vanguard
Sundance Optima
Jacuzzi J-365
Master LSX

I'll bet it was fun.  It would give you a source of information not otherwise available.  However, you had a full array of Marquis and a middle high from the array of Hot Spring and Sundance.  Don't know Master well enough to know where the LSX fits in their line up.

I've been in many Hot Spring and many Jacuzzi.  The JAcuzzi Power Pro jet is nice. But then, so is the Hot Spring Jet Stream, as high flow jets go.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2007, 10:27:03 am »
Well this it is  very much so actually, now if you only had pin hole jets that move about 8 per minute though them than it would not be but if you are using jets that move 40 gallons of water per jet than its so comfortable and so soothing and gives you deep therapy. So yes when done right it is highly desirable.

"If you've got legit info. let's share it. Otherwise....what's the point?"

Drew,

Whats your point to turn this is some sort of a bashing of another product ?  those who know their product, know what I am talking about and if its accurate. Are you suggesting that this is made up ? But please share with me the point of singling out someone, maybe I am wrong but I tried to answer a question that was asked without pointing a finger at any one maker so not to make this into a argument. My point was that when you can see the product side by side that there are real differences.

My point was you, as a dealer for a specific line of tubs publically  make allusions to the competitors tubs without providing any real information.  Velco? Tie wraps? You saw a difference?

It's those points  that would make a great discussion, but if you just do a drive by posting  and hint at it, it offers no real value and to me, came across as a very weak attempt to cast some doubts  on the competetition.  

When asked to talk about it, you simply "LOL".  

Since YOU brought it up, and mentioned specific items, Why not identify them? Wouldn't that information be useful?  I don't see your point in bringing these things up, unless you want to discuss them. That's my point. What was yours?

I didn't bash you. Trust me.  I did make the resturant annalogy, to help illustrate my point. If this was a food forum and I made the post, what would you as a reader think?

I hope you see my point and I hope you see I wasn't try to bash you.  If you don't understand my point, please ask again I'll try to explain it differntly.

I haven't had time to read every post in this thread yet, but only skim quickly. Can you talks specifically about what you expereinced in class? Talk specifically to certain tubs and postition your observations against comparable products?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:36:09 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

loosenupspas

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2007, 10:32:31 am »
Coleman Spas Innovations:
Foot Relieve Zone
Zone Therapy targeting specific pain zones
Personal Loungers
Comfort Collars
Above water neck and shoulder jets
Pillows
Galvalium Metal Substructure
ABS Monolithic Pan
Thermolock Energy Efficiency
56 Frame Dual Speed pumps
M7 Controls with Piezo switches
Glass reinforced pylomer shell

loosenupspas

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2007, 10:35:07 am »
crazy internet blog....i wasn't finished

WORLD RENOWN COLEMAN CUSTOMER SERVICE-FACTORY TRAINED TECHS

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2007, 10:48:15 am »
Drew, I think you miss the point completely of Mendo's post. He was just sharing his experience at a Marquis meeting. He only mentioned those things in the context of his amazement at how things are done differently...
If his point was to stir up argument, he would have mentioned the specifics.
And this post would be on FIRE now..and his point would be burried all together! He was just sharing how Marquis did their meeting...and how beneficial that it was to be able to wet test the competition and see some of the manufacturing differences. It was about a TYPE of sales/product information meeting...

Why are you so agressive lately?  You should be so happy...you have a wonderful, beautiful tub. And to top it off, you won it with great creativity
and humor...not like the rest of us who had to digest all this info and spend big bucks.. Now behave yourself and baske in the glory..you lucky dog! ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:21:19 am by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2007, 10:57:55 am »
Drew, I think you miss the point completely of Mendo's post. He was just sharing his experience at a Marquis meeting. He only mentioned those things in the context of his amazement at how things are done differently...
If his point was to stir up argument, he would have mentioned the specifics.
And this post would be on FIRE now..and his point would be burried all together! He was just sharing how Marquis did their meeting...and how beneficial that it was to be able to wet test the competition and see some of the manufacturing differences. It was about a TYPE of sales/product information meeting...

Why are you so agressive lately?  You should be so happy...you have a wonderful, beautiful tub. And to top it off, you won it with great creativity
and humor...not like the rest of us who had to digest all this info and spend big bucks.. Now behave yourself and bask in the glory..your lucky dog! ;)

I'm thrilled.  

Aggressive? Maybe.  But while I'll wait to see Mendo respond  and explain what his point was and why he thought I was bashing, I'll reitrerate that of all the things to say when opening a topic, he mentioned several issues that came across as questionable practices by other unnamed companies, and when he was aksed to explain them, he laughed.   Once again, what's the point of doing that?

07 Caldera Geneva

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2007, 11:00:06 am »
Boni,

On the contrary, this is a consumers forum.  If he has some [glow]facts[/glow] to share, he should share them.  Not just drop inuendo.

Loosen,

Your list of innovations sound like industry jargon.  I am sure they are improvements, but what are they in plain language?  What would they mean to a consumer trying to learn about spas?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2007, 11:03:56 am »

You are correct.  If the marketing department is monitoring, it will be fixed. :P

If not, I will bring it to their attention, fully crediting Gomboman! 8-)

The least you can do is send him a duck!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2007, 11:19:16 am »
If the FACTS are relevant to anything, maybe they are worth the effort...Lets take the example of the Velcro...It may sound funny(strange)...some manufacturer uses Velcro in their tubs...but it may be perfectly fine for the application in that tub.  I use Velcro for all kinds of stuff.. That super Velcro can stick kids to a wall! ;D. It just doesn't seem to fit with high pressure pumps, and hot tub stuff...Just for the record, my Marquis has VELCRO..inside of it ....I put it there and it functions exceptionally well for what I am using it for.  
It just seems like you are trying to encourage Mendo to make this into a product bashing..and what purpose would it serve? I don't believe the intention of Marquis at that meeting was to point out the "crap" about the other products, instead to see differences and give the attendees a chance to try competetor products. If they came away feeling good about what they sell, great...
Just like customers who like to get positive information and feel reinforsed about the selection that they made.
For me the comment that Mendo made about the HK40's really hit home because that was exactly what I was needing from a hot tub..deep tissue massage. That was one of the reasons that I selected my tub.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:22:20 am by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2007, 11:21:46 am »
Drew,

Bonni pretty much nailed it. Go back to the beginning of the thread and my original post. No innuendos were dropped; I simply said there were differences if someone wants to read something into it than fine. I was pressed for something more direct so I pointed out 2 things as an example but never said who they were, not to be mysterious but to be respectful as my intent was never to stir debate in fact if you read the first post, my reason for even sharing the experience I had was that there was a interesting thread about spa ratings going on and since I just spent 3 days with five of those mentioned I just made reference to it. I personally thought your reference to restaurants and the you used it was a poor example and did not apply in the way you used it here ( JMO ); I did not go and make any claims. People can forever debate the merits of certain ways to do something and what they feel is the better way but sometimes facts are facts and you can debate if they have merit but that is different from casting doubt about the accuracy of the point of reference or statement.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:23:15 am by Mendocino101 »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2007, 11:41:31 am »
Drew,

Bonni pretty much nailed it. Go back to the beginning of the thread and my original post. No innuendos were dropped; I simply said there were differences if someone wants to read something into it than fine. I was pressed for something more direct so I pointed out 2 things as an example but never said who they were, not to be mysterious but to be respectful as my intent was never to stir debate in fact if you read the first post, my reason for even sharing the experience I had was that there was a interesting thread about spa ratings going on and since I just spent 3 days with five of those mentioned I just made reference to it. I personally thought your reference to restaurants and the you used it was a poor example and did not apply in the way you used it here ( JMO ); I did not go and make any claims. People can forever debate the merits of certain ways to do something and what they feel is the better way but sometimes facts are facts and you can debate if they have merit but that is different from casting doubt about the accuracy of the point of reference or statement.

Ok. I guess I read something into it.

YEs, I was pushing you to make claims. That's what I was frustrated about.  I want claims.  

Welcome back mendo. I'll up my meds and we'll be cool.

07 Caldera Geneva

loosenupspas

« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2007, 11:45:10 am »
Boni,

On the contrary, this is a consumers forum.  If he has some [glow]facts[/glow] to share, he should share them.  Not just drop inuendo.

Loosen,

Your list of innovations sound like industry jargon.  I am sure they are improvements, but what are they in plain language?  What would they mean to a consumer trying to learn about spas?

You are correct....the list was entirely comprised of features....and not benefits.  As we sales types know....customers but benefits.  At this moment i am considerably busy....but will at a later time attach the benefit to each of the the features listed....this is not a problem.

I don't typically follow threads so closely...but I sensed a particular inaccuracy in what was being stated regarding the Marquis.  I felt compelled to respond.....anyway off to work....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2007, 11:58:42 am »
Good to see Drewstar is medicated, again. Now we just have to wait for Jim to get those tech numbers so we can get to the bottom of this jet flow question once and for all and Mendo, please, next time include a spa from each brand represented here so we don’t leave anyone out!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:58:55 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2007, 11:58:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42