What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just back frm Class  (Read 40702 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Just back frm Class
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2007, 03:30:03 pm »
101, did they also compare electrical consumption between the different brands? I'm guessing the brands tested were in the same range.

No they did not and also remember this was not a structured class about the competition but again rather a time to look on your own and draw your own conclusions. I did speak with a former Hot Springs person about this and he and I discussed it. I will for the sake of argument keep that to myself as I think the findings would fuel an unpleasant discussion. I will say that the costs are very very close with some models performing slightly better than others.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2007, 03:30:03 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2007, 03:34:07 pm »
Jim how many jets are there in the one seat you can dirvert to ?

I hope we don't get some crazy rating about pumps and gpm as most would concede that it would be almost impossible to claim anything above 200 and when truly rated most high performing are going to be in the 160 to 180 gpm range.

This is an interesting thing about the training and having your competition there to do some side by side compassions. Maybe just maybe Marquis is taking a cue from the 300 billion dollar a year plus auto industry to learn that being able to touch, feel and try your competition is a good thing rather than just assuming you would take the time or have the opportunity to do so on your own. Also this was free and open for you to make your own collusions as you were free to move from any tub of your choice and it was not at lead by anyone at Marquis basically you just had the chance to shop the tubs at your leisure.

In the one seat there are 3 of the MX powerpro jets the other seat there is 10 of the smaller FX jets  you can divert all power or lees to each or split between the 2.
 The pump is a 2.5hp with 4.5break  just dont know the gpms on it.

So were the other spas you had there running?

No I wont bore you with a bunch numbers but I want to know and will PM you with what I find.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2007, 03:41:47 pm »
Jim,

first let me say that I appreciate you and your desire to keep a open but positive discussion going. But Jim you have to help me if those jets were 150 gpm and you had 3 running than that would be 450 gpm that you would need to power them with and I would say its very safe and reasonable to know that there is no one pump or even 2 pumps that work in a spa are going to be 450 gpm.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2007, 03:49:37 pm »
 150 total for 3 jets  The Power pro MX jet puts out a chit load of water.

Like I said I will find out on Tuesday.

loosenupspas

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2007, 03:52:30 pm »
Bonni, just know this you are not going to get 160 gallons of water per minute that is concentrated to target one body area for deep therapy from anyone other than Marquis. I mean no one else is even close.

My Coleman Spas have a flow rate of 160 gpm per pump....guess i might disagree with this contention.  

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2007, 03:52:57 pm »
  The Power pro MX jet puts out a chit load of water.

I'll second that. The two in my footwell on my J-345 were the strongest one's that I wet tested.
And no 101 I didn't wet test the Epic. It was out of my budget.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 04:22:00 pm by WHY_NOT »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2007, 03:54:09 pm »
How much does the Epic list MSRP?

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2007, 03:55:35 pm »
Jim... now that makes more sense. As to why the Marquis is different is that within the seat its-self you can move water 160 gpm to the upper or just on the lower back. What we have that allows to do that is a 3 way diverter that is unique to Marquis.

loosenupspas

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2007, 03:58:56 pm »
Jim,

first let me say that I appreciate you and your desire to keep a open but positive discussion going. But Jim you have to help me if those jets were 150 gpm and you had 3 running than that would be 450 gpm that you would need to power them with and I would say its very safe and reasonable to know that there is no one pump or even 2 pumps that work in a spa are going to be 450 gpm.

I am not english teacher....but huh?  One pump has a circulation of 160 gpm, the second has a 160 gpm this equals 160 gpm per pump.  I am thinking gpm is not combined......

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2007, 04:19:53 pm »

My Coleman Spas have a flow rate of 160 gpm per pump....guess i might disagree with this contention.  
lol...YES they do and they are powering how many jets ? No matter the take on this without the 3 way diverter you can not direct all 160 gallons to only 4 jets and the jets would have to be built and rated for 40 gpm if you did, the hk 40's are disigned for that hence the name. Please remember if your spa was not designed to be able to direct water to only 4 jets than the jets used are not built for that flow rate.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2007, 04:22:09 pm »

I am not english teacher....but huh?  One pump has a circulation of 160 gpm, the second has a 160 gpm this equals 160 gpm per pump.  I am thinking gpm is not combined......
correct , I was trying to point out that EVEN IF BOTH could be directed to the one seat you would even than not have that kind of a flow rate.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »
MSRP on the Vanguard is around $9995 if this helps.

Term

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2007, 04:30:46 pm »
MSRP on the Vanguard is around $9995 if this helps.

Term
Term remember that the Spa most competitive with the Vanguard would be the 630u or 530u, and would have a similar suggested MSRP. both spas by the way are 2 pump 30 jet spas and are the spa in a non or a double lounge version.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2007, 04:34:03 pm »
lol...YES they do and they are powering how many jets ? No matter the take on this without the 3 way diverter you can not direct all 160 gallons to only 4 jets and the jets would have to be built and rated for 40 gpm if you did, the hk 40's are disigned for that hence the name. Please remember if your spa was not designed to be able to direct water to only 4 jets than the jets used are not built for that flow rate.

Ohhh didn't have a Coleman there did ya?...

You can infact divert all the pressure on that 160gpm pump to just 4 jets in some Coleman spas my good friend. I can do it in my spa.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2007, 04:41:16 pm »
Term remember that the Spa most competitive with the Vanguard would be the 630u or 530u, and would have a similar suggested MSRP. both spas by the way are 2 pump 30 jet spas and are the spa in a non or a double lounge version.

So the Epic would be more than $10,000 on the MSRP?  I'm assuming the Epic is the top of the line Marquis, but it was compared to about the 5th HS in our pecking order?

I'm seriously just trying to figure this out.

Term

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2007, 04:41:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42