What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just back frm Class  (Read 40689 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Just back frm Class
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2007, 10:31:29 am »
This training event was the best I've ever been to.  Marquis purchased a HotSpring, Jacuzzi, Sundance, and Master for its dealers to try out.  I thought it was a pretty ballsy move.  It was nice to actually try these spas out that I've been selling against for so long.  Of course I liked the Epic more than anything, but out of the 4 others I liked the HotSpring the best.  As far as product quality, there were 3 with fairly good quality and one was pretty poor, not hard to guess which one!  We also got to go on a tour at the factory and saw some new spas/colors options that are about to come out.  I'm excited!  All in all it was a good event, even the food/beer was good.

Well, Mendo, since you and Markee are cut from the same cloth, ask him which of the four was "pretty poor, not hard to guess which one".  See, it's a comment like this that is "pretty poor".  And, in this thread anyway, it's very easy to see the attitude that there are four "chosen" manufacturers that produce quality products while the quality of the rest..the MS's, Colemans, Jacuzzis and others...fall well short of the level set by the chosen few.

Every retailer here should feel his product is best of breed...if he/she doesn't, they shouldn't be in the business.  The best retailers will convey this in a way that doesn't alienate or step on toes...and there are many on this board like this.  Unfortunately, not all are as tactful.  

Enjoyment of a tub is measured by feelings, not by GPM, jet count, BHP or any other measure.  The clientele of this board have a high level of expertise and awareness...both retailers and owners alike.  I don't believe that many here put much credence in the importance of statistics/measures over feelings when it comes to hot tub therapy...a good thing to remember when promoting one's chosen brand of spa.

And, BTW, thank you for the offer in your PM of calling you to speak directly about any or all of this but, as I did 3 years ago, I feel that would not be in the best interest of either of us.  I will be glad to share any feelings/information I have right here in this forum.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2007, 10:31:29 am »

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2007, 10:42:22 am »
I have not seen any product bashing, misrepresentation, poor, or rude comments in this entire thread.  I think most would agree with that statement.  I have seen some some of a "If my product was not reviewed or discussed that's not fair" mentality though!  I do hope this thread does not take a left turn!  I really wanted my questions answered.  Sorry for chiming in on this little personal issue it's just someone wants to keep this public so I'm commenting.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2007, 11:20:30 am »

Well, Mendo, since you and Markee are cut from the same cloth, ask him which of the four was "pretty poor, not hard to guess which one".  See, it's a comment like this that is "pretty poor".  And, in this thread anyway, it's very easy to see the attitude that there are four "chosen" manufacturers that produce quality products while the quality of the rest..the MS's, Colemans, Jacuzzis and others...fall well short of the level set by the chosen few.

Well talk about a man grasping at straws you quote another person and than tie it to me and say we are cut from the same cloth, does the same standard you hold others to apply to yourself ? I would guess it would be  fair to assume you are someone who is not a hypocrite, that the very assumption that you applied to me and being tied to another person than I would assume it would be fair to hold you to the same measuring stick, and I than take that since over the years when you have acted as the company apologist for the maker of your spa, than all of the deceitful and misleading and law breaking ways that have dogged them must also apply to you and be a part of who you are. I mean since you want to lump me in with another, than the very same standard must apply to yourself as well. If you can go back read a few things I think you will find that Markee and I have different way about us. And I must ask, are you now the Lady Cleo of the forum. are you using the force to read between the lines, when  someone else (again not me) but you read thier statement and say ,“its not hard to guess” and again whatever Markeee opinion holds would be his and not mine, you need to direct quotes to those who said them and not to someone who knows them..  

Let me add that I am not saying genuinely that those things apply to you but would that it be just as a ridiculous assumption for me to make of you in the same way you are tying me to another. You may in fact be a "Mother Teresa" of the world for all I really know.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 11:44:29 am by Mendocino101 »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2007, 11:25:38 am »
Windy,
Sorry to jump on you here but I have to say something...

I've talked to many, many dealers and salespeople that tried the spas at class and they must all be mindless drones unable to think for themselves as they all say just about the same thing that Markee and Mendo are saying.

The fact is that no one was manipulated in any way, no one was forced to test nor were the tests controlled. People tried them at their leisure and formed their own decision.

You passionately defend your purchase, you've had a good experience with your spa and you do the forum as a hobby.

We relish in an opportunity to tryout the completion along side our spas because we put our jobs, ethics and for some even our homes on the line for this industry. Everything that I own is somehow connected to my store as with many other dealers.

Mendo is one of those dealers also and remember, he spent his own money and time to fly across the country and learn more about the industry. The truth is that he spent more this week to increase his understanding of spas then you have all year and maybe in your lifetime. He gets up every morning and his entire day is absorbed in the spa industry, it's the last thing he deals with every night and consumes just about every minuet in between.

If 20 industry pros tell me that one brand that they all tested performed poorly compared to the others they all tested I'm willing to think there is something to those comments. Further more if these same people that look at how many brands are built on a daily basis all comment on being surprised at how simply that brand was made compared to the others I would take as a professional opinion.

Mendo,
Thanks for your input, thanks for taking the time to share your experience at class and thanks for all those calls and emails questioning yours and other brands. I know you don’t just call me but spend much of your time trying to make sure you carry the best products for your customer.

Windy,
Set in your spa, have a martini and enjoy the fact that it’s all worked out great for you with your spa!

Campsalot

« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2007, 11:31:50 am »
Like I thought, no answer to my question.  (prior to my last post) This thread has turned.  Thats what I really dislike about forums.  Someone always drops a soapbox and someone always jumps on it!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2007, 11:35:58 am »
I must have missed your question. If I can be of any help please let me know.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2007, 11:42:38 am »
Wow, Mendo you are pumped!  That is such a cool feeling when one comes back from sales/product training.  The fact that your company looked so closely at the other spas was a great idea.  Actually, I would have to call it a real common sense move simply because knowing and learning the most about ones competitors is "common sense".  I noticed you did not spend a lot of time talking about the Sundance in your thread.  Yes, I know what you said at the start of the thread!  However, I was curious as to what model you tested and what your thoughts were.  How is the construction, etc?
During this seminar, how much time was spent on learning how to offer "awesome customer service"?  There seems to be a huge lack of that up in my part of the country in the spa business?  Was customer service even discussed?  Looking forward to your answers!  Thanks!
Ok I found it,
 I believe it was the Optima; it was the model that is 2nd from their top. I can only say that at our testing it seemed to be about an even spilt between the Sundance and Hot Springs. Sundance has a great reputation and they build a nice product. As with any product including Marquis there are things I wish were different but Sundance overall is a solid choice.

Campsalot

« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2007, 11:44:43 am »
Mendo, thanks for that!  But, what about, "During this seminar, how much time was spent on learning how to offer "awesome customer service"?  There seems to be a huge lack of that up in my part of the country in the spa business?  Was customer service even discussed?"

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2007, 12:09:18 pm »
Mendo, thanks for that!  But, what about, "During this seminar, how much time was spent on learning how to offer "awesome customer service"?  There seems to be a huge lack of that up in my part of the country in the spa business?  Was customer service even discussed?"
Very much so, but it comes down to the individual dealer. I mean what we value as people and what standards we hold ourselves to are the only one that at the end of the day that we will follow.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2007, 12:20:09 pm »

Enjoyment of a tub is measured by feelings, not by GPM, jet count, BHP or any other measure.  The clientele of this board have a high level of expertise and awareness...both retailers and owners alike.  I don't believe that many here put much credence in the importance of statistics/measures over feelings when it comes to hot tub therapy...a good thing to remember when promoting one's chosen brand of spa.

And, BTW, thank you for the offer in your PM of calling you to speak directly about any or all of this but, as I did 3 years ago, I feel that would not be in the best interest of either of us.  I will be glad to share any feelings/information I have right here in this forum.

I have a question for you when things like, moto massage, no bypass filtration, flux jets, max pro jets, micron filtration. Get mentioned where are you? Why again the double standard ? If you go back and read my first post, it was simply about and because of spa rating in another thread, I made no mention of any makers, I was asked a few questions and answered them in a somewhat vague manner with the hope of not turning any of this into, what in a few cases it has become.

windsurfdog

« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2007, 01:38:12 pm »
It appears that points are missed and this thread is aimlessly meandering around misconceptions and assumptions plus a smattering of name calling.  I'll stand by my comments for those who care to attempt understanding.  Otherwise, I have nothing more to contribute to the thread.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

windsurfdog

« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2007, 01:41:10 pm »
Windy,
Set in your spa, have a martini and enjoy the fact that it’s all worked out great for you with your spa!
Great suggestion...will do!  
Hope everything is well with you, bubba stu  8-)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2007, 02:04:46 pm »
It appears that points are missed and this thread is aimlessly meandering around misconceptions and assumptions plus a smattering of name calling.  I'll stand by my comments for those who care to attempt understanding.  Otherwise, I have nothing more to contribute to the thread.
Lets see you come and degrade the thread, which for the most part was just good spa talk. You than want to quote other people but direct it at me and when called out on it, you take the road of a victim who sole intent was to provide a positive contribution of information. Once again the standards you want to hold others to seem not to apply to yourself. ( Think Al Gore ).

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2007, 02:39:31 pm »
( Think Al Gore ).
Not to go off on a political tangent but that's funny!!

windsurfdog

« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2007, 02:43:38 pm »
Lets see you come and degrade the thread, which for the most part was just good spa talk. You than want to quote other people but direct it at me and when called out on it, you take the road of a victim who sole intent was to provide a positive contribution of information. Once again the standards you want to hold others to seem not to apply to yourself. ( Think Al Gore ).
Noted.  I'll let others decide for themselves.  In the meantime, keep wallowing.

BTW, though you were attempting to insult, thank you for the association with Al Gore.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2007, 02:43:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42