What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Better Warranty on Marquis Spas?  (Read 7360 times)

brnelson

Better Warranty on Marquis Spas?
« on: March 04, 2007, 08:09:29 am »
As you can see, I am still shopping and learning. I have gone from Emerald to Hot Spring and now Marquis has caught my eye. Is Marquis on the same quality level as a Hot Spring spa? What caught my eye about them is the sealed bottom and their warranty seems a little better than Hot Spring. I believe they have a 7 year no-leak warranty (2 years longet than Hot Spring) and a 5 year equipment warranty (same as Hot Spring). I believe they also have 3 years on dealer installed equipment. They also have a transferable warranty which I don't really care about however maybe it says something about how far they will go to stand behind their product. Your thoughts would be appreciated. There is a dealer in Swansea, MA about 30-35 miles from me and I plan on stopping by today (unless you tell me I shouldn't).
                                                                                              Bruce

Hot Tub Forum

Better Warranty on Marquis Spas?
« on: March 04, 2007, 08:09:29 am »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: Better Warranty on Marquis Spas?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 09:15:44 am »

[size=14]Spa firm brings back favorites[/size]

February 27, 2007

Marquis Spas is going back to its future, sort of. The company is creating
a "limited series" line of four spas based on past models that dealers said
were popular with consumers.

"Our dealers are our direct link to the end consumer so their input is
extremely valuable to us," said John Schrenk, Marquis' chief operating
officer of the Independence-based company.

The four spas range from two-person to seven-person models.
By number, they are models:

744ETM,
641RTM,
520MTM
319STM.

http://www.marquisspas.com/

http://www.marquisspas.com/thelimited.asp

This site seems to have alot of good info about Marquis Spas:
http://www.bendfireside.com/products/marquis/Q-A/index.shtml#questions

« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 09:19:19 am by Zep »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 09:57:58 am »
As you can see, I am still shopping and learning. I have gone from Emerald to Hot Spring and now Marquis has caught my eye. Is Marquis on the same quality level as a Hot Spring spa? What caught my eye about them is the sealed bottom and their warranty seems a little better than Hot Spring. I believe they have a 7 year no-leak warranty (2 years longet than Hot Spring) and a 5 year equipment warranty (same as Hot Spring). I believe they also have 3 years on dealer installed equipment. They also have a transferable warranty which I don't really care about however maybe it says something about how far they will go to stand behind their product. Your thoughts would be appreciated. There is a dealer in Swansea, MA about 30-35 miles from me and I plan on stopping by today (unless you tell me I shouldn't).
                                                                                              Bruce

IMO, Marquis has the same quality level as Hot Spring.  The sealed bottom and warranty would not be something that would tilt me in that direction.  I believe the no leak warranty is on the shell and internal plumbing.  Hot Spring spas have a closed cell foam bottom and is as tough as anyone's.  If the spa looks and feels good to you, then it is one to consider.  I don't know anything about the dealer in Swansea.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 10:05:54 am by tony »

xrdirthead

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 10:26:27 am »
There is a Dealer in New Bedford. Online it looks like a much better dealer. There also is a dealer in Attleboro SEASONAL SPECIALATY STORES. I'm pretty sure they carry Marquis and have tubs you can wet test.
Ed

brnelson

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 10:52:33 am »
Thanks for the info. That Seasonal Specialty store only sells Jacuzzi, I believe. At least thats all they had on display.
                                           Bruce

xrdirthead

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 10:58:29 am »
I'm at work but I'll check my emails when I get home. I was actually looking for a Jacuzzi dealer who did wet tests because the one closest to me doesn't.
I emailed with the dealer and they said they sold Marquis. That was fine by me because I wanted to try an Epic.
I did send you a PM.

Thanks for the info. That Seasonal Specialty store only sells Jacuzzi, I believe. At least thats all they had on display.
                                           Bruce

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 02:02:21 pm »
Marquis warranty is transferable, this is better than most tubs. Of course if you don't sell your tub ....

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 04:36:20 pm »
                                                                                              Bruce
Both the Marquis and Hot Springs spas are very highly respected, as manufactures they have earned their reputations by proving over time to offer well made products that after you have them in your backyard they will continue to stand behind what they make. If a customer could see how a spa was constructed from the ground up, I think they would find Marquis to be as well made as any spa on the market, from the way and type of pluming they use, to foam, cover, siding, jetting, etc. Hot springs also builds a very good product, it should come down to which when fits you better. Marquis warranty is considered by most to be among the very best in the industry.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 01:26:09 am »
I lost track with the numbering system they used for the Limited series. It does look like there's a Euphoria but I could be wrong. Why such the crazy numbering scheme?

[size=14]Spa firm brings back favorites[/size]

February 27, 2007

Marquis Spas is going back to its future, sort of. The company is creating
a "limited series" line of four spas based on past models that dealers said
were popular with consumers.

"Our dealers are our direct link to the end consumer so their input is
extremely valuable to us," said John Schrenk, Marquis' chief operating
officer of the Independence-based company.

The four spas range from two-person to seven-person models.
By number, they are models:

744ETM,
641RTM,
520MTM
319STM.

http://www.marquisspas.com/

http://www.marquisspas.com/thelimited.asp

This site seems to have alot of good info about Marquis Spas:
http://www.bendfireside.com/products/marquis/Q-A/index.shtml#questions

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 01:27:24 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 01:48:17 am »
while the numbering system does lack sex appeal it is pratical. the first number is the number of seats followed by the number of jets

7 seats, 44 jets

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 02:23:42 pm »
I looked at Hot Springs, Marquis, D-1, Master Spa & a local brand. I wet tested HS, Marquis & D-1 (didn't bother with the other brands because I didn't like the sales people or found problems/inconsistencies) and settled on the Marquis Reward.

The wet test should be the deciding factor! And yes, bring the whole family!

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 03:27:05 pm »
The Marquis warranty is terrific.  My cabinet faded and they replaced it with their new improved one.  The tech said that the new cabinet cost $1000...and they picked it up without blinking an eye

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 04:23:38 pm »
I think that people feel much more comfortable with a good warranty because of how difficult it is to select a hot tub. I know I did!  I just figured the better the warranty, the less I have to worry in case I missed something in my research.  Does that make sense? :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 04:34:30 pm »
I think that people feel much more comfortable with a good warranty because of how difficult it is to select a hot tub. I know I did!  I just figured the better the warranty, the less I have to worry in case I missed something in my research.  Does that make sense? :-/

There are a couple things I think should be considered when looking at teh warranties of the major spa makers:

1) What does it cover in writing? While there are some differences here and there most all of the premium spa makers have very similar warranties.

2) How good is the spa maker about standing behind that warranty? THIS is where the rubber meets the road. Marquis, Hot Springs, Sundance and a few others stand apart in this area while a few other fairly well known makers don't necessarily stand up as well even though they can hand you a printed warranty that looks just as good.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 01:46:52 pm »

There are a couple things I think should be considered when looking at teh warranties of the major spa makers:

1) What does it cover in writing? While there are some differences here and there most all of the premium spa makers have very similar warranties.

2) How good is the spa maker about standing behind that warranty? THIS is where the rubber meets the road. Marquis, Hot Springs, Sundance and a few others stand apart in this area while a few other fairly well known makers don't necessarily stand up as well even though they can hand you a printed warranty that looks just as good.

Very well said, so many tubs look great on a showroom floor and the sales person can do a great job of "selling the tub/ the story" but only a few makers have really proven over time to step up to the plate after the sale, that’s not to say that some of the newer makers would not do so, Bullfrog, Artic, and others. And for some makers they have earned a rep of not standing behind their products and now have the up hill climb of over coming their own history.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 01:46:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42