What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Slab with rebar or wire mesh?  (Read 33198 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Slab with rebar or wire mesh?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 12:11:21 am »
OMG, I didn't know you had to ground any metal near a hot tub?? :o :o :o
I've recently put a patio cover over my tub.  
What should I do to ground that?

Nothing. But if it's within 5' of the tub it needs to be BONDED
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 12:11:21 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 07:52:43 am »
YOU might not have to bond that metal to your spa, I did because that part of the NEC is enforced by the local inspector in this area.  
 If the electrical service to your spa was installed by a professional who pulled permits and got the required inspections, your installation was probably done to code, and I wouldn't worry about it.  
 If it was done by yourselves, or a handyman, or anyone who didn't pull the permits and get the inspections, then it's anyones guess if your install is to code.  
 Like I said, what is code now wasn't code 4 years ago, and what and how the code is enforced may differ in your area vs where I live.

If you're at all concerned- you could contact your local inspectors and ask them. But be prepared to correct anything that is out of standards in the event they come for a visit.  On your dime.  

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 07:52:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42