What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aqua Check test meter  (Read 3143 times)

ORANGEPEEL

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Aqua Check test meter
« on: March 06, 2007, 02:19:11 pm »
I recall reading some prior posts, that some of you were using the Aqua Check test meters. As I recall it seemed that the evaluations were quite positive.
Since getting our tub last July I have been using the 3-way Aqua Check strips.
So far I have not had any problems keeping the water in the ranges shown on the Aqua Check bottle.
My supply of the 3-way strips is getting low and needs to get re-supplied.
I am considering up-grading from the 3-way strips to the 5-way Aqua Check strips or possibly to the Aqua Check test meter/strips.
Am curious if there have been any furhter evaluations made on the accuracy of using the test meter/strips as compared to either the 5-way and/or 3-way Aqua test strips.
F.Y.I. I don't try to "micro manage" every chemical level, but just have been keeping them in the "acceptable" ranges shown on the bottle. I am using Dichlor and follow the Vermonter's methods. So far have maintained good clear water.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Orangepeel

Hot Tub Forum

Aqua Check test meter
« on: March 06, 2007, 02:19:11 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Aqua Check test meter
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 03:02:41 pm »
So far I'm happy with mine.  Seems accurate enough for my use- I'm not a water jockey by any means- but I'm a sucker for electronic gizmos!

I was at my dealer this weekend picking up a micro filter, and noticed that they were now carrying the Aqua meter system.  The dealer wasn't all that impressed- said they were getting different results when cross checking against their state of the art computer water analyzer system. (registered trademark, patent pending)
 They said the alkalinity results were off.  Is their test off, or the Aqua check, or both?  
 But they still had them on the shelf- I don't know what they were telling the prospective buyers.

I get about the same results using the aqua check as I do with my liquid test kit.  So far I'm staying with the system.

What is the price your dealer wants for the Aqua Check?  My dealer didn't have theirs marked and I didn't ask what they charged for the unit or the replacement strips.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:03:48 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 03:09:53 pm »
I've found mine to be good so far. I haven't used it in several days as I'm hoping for a warm spell to change my water, which is now 4 months old.   I plan on doing a comparison with my test-kit and the meter with a fresh fill.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

laynlow

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 08:40:01 pm »
My Taylor test kit results are very close to what my dealer's results are.  The Aquacheck is usually off by quite a bit when compared to the other two results so I have absolutely no faith in its ability.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 01:16:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42