What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Capri  (Read 9706 times)

tublessnomore

Sundance Capri
« on: March 03, 2007, 04:43:38 pm »
Any one out there have any experience with the Sundance Capri.  Due to space limitations, I have to look at spas that are this size.  I went to the SD dealer in my area the other day and got a pretty good case of sticker shock :o.  I've looked at the Hotsprings/Caldera spas but they don't really excite me. Any other recomendations?

I hope to change my user name soon!

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Capri
« on: March 03, 2007, 04:43:38 pm »

In Canada eh

Re: Sundance Capri
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 04:50:08 pm »
Welcome to the forum tubless

Sundance makes a very good spa but if you got a bit of sticker shock you could check out a Bullfrog 331.  I think its about the same dimension and should be cheaper.  There are a lot of good tubs out there that will fit your size limitations,  I'm sure others will chime in soon with some other models to look at

Good luck in your search
Bullfrog 451

tublessnomore

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 10:51:59 am »
OK let me put it this way.  the HS dealer gave me a price of 5900.00 for a Jetsetter spa.  The SD dealer gave me a price of 6200.00 for there 780 series Metro and 9200.00 for a capri.  In reading some of the other posts here, I've seen much larger spas go for the same or less money.  That's what has me puzzled :-/.  Any insight would be helpful.

mjb

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 02:35:45 pm »
The price that you were quoted for the Capri
seems to be a bit high.
You should let the dealer know you are interested
in that spa and ask for your best deal.

tublessnomore

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 02:40:02 pm »
That's what I thought.  The other prices seem to be in line but I thougt that 9K for a small tub like that was a little out of line.  That's why I posted the question to get some feedback to see if the price is infact in line.

Keep the info comming.

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 03:19:02 pm »
The CAPRI is a Gorgeous tub. but $9200,  Tell him to sharpen his pencil if thats the tub you like. You're State side, I Sell the Capri for $9500 CAD. Metro is $6900 CAD. I realize different areas will have a different price structure but even to me it seems a bit high being a Sundance Dealer. But I'm not here to mow anyones lawn :-X
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 03:19:28 pm by Rubadubdub »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 04:14:10 pm »
There are a few spas out there. Try Artesian, Master and Marquis.

They have smaller tubs and different levels of pricing.

I think most of us got sticker shock when we went looking!

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 05:29:20 pm »
OK let me put it this way.  the HS dealer gave me a price of 5900.00 for a Jetsetter spa.  The SD dealer gave me a price of 6200.00 for there 780 series Metro and 9200.00 for a capri.  In reading some of the other posts here, I've seen much larger spas go for the same or less money.  That's what has me puzzled :-/.  Any insight would be helpful.

My local dealer (central OH) sells the Capri for $7700 (with cover, delivery and setup). The HS dealer nearby sells the Jetsetter for $6300.

My wife and I are (hopefully) about to get a used Tango, which is an older version of the Metro. Like you, we have space restrictions, so we need to get a smaller tub. I don't mind the smaller, 2 person size, it was the DEPTH that was bothering me. As I told my wife, I don't want to feel like I'm sitting in a little bathtub! I've not wettested a smaller spa, but we did sit in them dry. To my surprise, I didn't feel like I was sitting in a bathtub- it felt like a real spa. As the dealer explained (and it seemed obvious once we were in it) - the change in depth in a hot tub isn't due to deeper seats, it's a deeper footwell. In other words, the depth from the bottom of the seats to the waterline stays about the same. In a deeper tub, your feet are flat on the ground - like sitting in a regular chair (or driving a truck/minivan). In a shallower tub, your feet are straight out in front of you - like sitting on the floor (or driving a sports car), since there's no deep footwell to put your feet in. To me, I didn't notice any difference, and I'm fine now with a shallower tub.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 05:36:45 pm by KevinofOH »
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 07:48:21 pm »
Tubless, I think you should consider checking with other dealers.  I purchased my Sundance Maxxus almost 3 years ago and paid $9900.00 for the entire package of the tub, cover, lifter, install, and delivery, starter chems!  The Maxxus is Sundances top of the line so I'm thinking your dealer made an error!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 09:27:55 pm »
If a Jacuzzi dealer is close, you might want to check out their 300 series. They seem to fit your criteria quite well.

brentp

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 04:31:47 pm »
That price sounds very high.  We went through this last fall and we were limited in a maximum size for a SPA due to our deck configuration.  The Capri was one of the models were were looking at, . . . among many.  I believe the local dealer here in New England quoted around $8200 - before any negotiation.  As stated, there are a number of manufacturers that have well configured smaller SPAs.

FWIW - we ended up getting a 42 jet dual pump Artesian Island Series Antigua.  A little larger than the Capri (it is 82" square I believe) - but has a very nice seat configuration that can fit a few extras when/if we have guests.  It is also much deeper, which I didn't think would be a big deal - but it is.  We love it.  Best of all, with all the options and extras we needed - it was over $2000. less then the Capri.

If your stuck on the Capri - negotiate!  Good Luck!   :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 04:32:43 pm by brentp »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 04:31:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42