What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs and Marquis price info/help  (Read 5568 times)

patrick

Hot Springs and Marquis price info/help
« on: March 03, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »
My wife and I are getting close to buying a hot tub.  We have narrowed it down to the Hot Springs Vanguard or possibly a Marquis like the 744E or the Destiny.  The price at the Portland Oregon homeshow last weekend for the Vanguard was $9,600 including the cover, start-up kit, everfresh system, and delivery (standard stuff).  The sales guy was saying this was about $1,000 off the normal price since they had a floor model.  But checking on another forum some users were saying $8,000 is a fair price for the Vanguard.  We have been disappointed in dealing with all the local spa dealers around here.  They act like used car salesmen.  We have been doing a lot of internet research and have scheduled to wet test Marquis.  Trying to get the Hot Springs guys to schedule a wet test also (waiting for the call back).

We are a little worried the Hot Springs guy was price gouging us.  The Marquis dealer said he could get us in a Destiny for around $8,800.

Any information on prices would be helpful,
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs and Marquis price info/help
« on: March 03, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Hot Springs and Marquis price info/help
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 05:51:48 pm »
Your Destiny price is fair, Some Marquis people find the Destiny to be their favorite spa. If you don't care about a lounge it would be my pick.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 06:04:41 pm »
WHAT  :o!!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 06:16:24 pm »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 06:27:55 pm »
Term,

I am sure that will help him perhaps you can highlight for him, things like the ability to transfer your warranty, or the cabinet that is covered for 7 years and actually offers some owners protection, perhaps the lack of exclusions, maybe you can point out that for 3 years your oznator, lights, fuses, cover are also covered. That its no fault for things like top side control. pump seals, heater, motors. I mean since you are lending a hand and all.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 06:42:59 pm »
Term,

I am sure that will help him perhaps you can highlight for him,.... I mean since you are lending a hand and all.

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 06:50:14 pm »

Term,
his name is Marquis Mary not Mark... ;)

Spiderman

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 06:58:04 pm »
Yes that is high for the Vanguard.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

patrick

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 07:18:53 pm »
Yes that is high for the Vanguard.

It also includes the cradle cover removal system and the ozonator (sp).  The dealer is saying that is worth $1000.  Still seems high to me :-?

I appreciate everyone's comments.  Big decision since it is the price of a small car :)

Wet test hopefully will make it easier to decide.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 07:24:58 pm »
Make sure your Marquis dealer really gives you a good understanding of how to work the tri-zone and how you can focus therapy for the upper or lower back, I am sure you will find it to be a great soak. The Vanguard is also a nice unit.

katyana

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 08:59:51 pm »
Yes, that is a high price for the Vanguard IMHO.  Try going to other dealers in your area/region.  You should be able to get if for much less or at least find one you feel good about giving your money too.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 09:21:06 pm »
Well, I'm very sorry, but I don't have any real concrete info on pricing. We sell it for less than that, but we are not in your market.

As far as the Vanguard itself, it has a load of nice features, and I am happy to say that just about all of the features translate into benefits for most folks. Not a lot of fluff, or features just to impress on the showroom floor.

A wet test is a great idea. I have only got one tub up and running right now, the Envoy, and I can't wait until I get some more going. It is such a nice way to figure out if certain seats are going to be good for you or not, if you can stay in the deeper seats, if the jets hit you in good places, if the feel of the jets is powerful but not too strong or weak.

And take plenty of time with the adjustments. Both Maquis and HotSpring have huge amounts of adjustments as far as water pressure, amount of air injected into the jets, size of the jet nozzles, type of jet nozzles, etc. Don't just plop into a seat and pronounce it good (or not good) until you try it with the diverter in different positions, the air controls in different positions, different types of jet nozzles plugged in and swapped out...

I have sold a bunch of the Vanguard models - every customer has reported back that they are thrilled with it. The one family who loved it at first but traded it up for a Grandee, only did so when one of the kids moved back home with two grandkids. Ah life...

BTW - Home show prices and county fair prices are generally the same or higher than regular in-store prices.

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 11:55:14 pm »
 We have been doing a lot of internet research and have scheduled to wet test Marquis.  Trying to get the Hot Springs guys to schedule a wet test also (waiting for the call back).

We are a little worried the Hot Springs guy was price gouging us.  The Marquis dealer said he could get us in a Destiny for around $8,800.

Any information on prices would be helpful,
Thanks

Let both dealers know you're interested but are also weighing their spa versus another spa (you can name the other brand, especially since they're both good and the dealer therefore shouldn't be able to badmouth the other product). In doing so it helps to make them realize you are not beholden to their offer only and if they are willing to bagain this should help get them to do so.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Spiderman

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 09:51:54 am »

It also includes the cradle cover removal system and the ozonator (sp).  The dealer is saying that is worth $1000.

How kind of him, seeing that all HotSpring spas come with the ozonator.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Brookenstein

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 10:10:57 am »
Have you checked out George Morlan (The Water Heater King)?  I don't normally reccomend places like that and I have never personally been there... but my parents bought a Sweetwater (I believe that was the name for the lower end of Sundance) about 4 years ago or so.  It was this time of year and they heard an ad on the radio.  They got it cheap.  After about a year they did have the heater go out, but they came out and fixed it quick and with no issues.  My parents did (reluctantly) pay a trip charge but that was their fault because the guys came out to work and the wiring for the tub was not up to code (it was from their first hot tub 20 years earlier).  My parents live about 50 minutes from Portland, so I thought they deserved to pay the $40.   :)

I know cheap isn't always best, but my parents got a good tub at a great price and have had good follow-up care, so it might not hurt to check out.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 10:10:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42