What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LA Spas... any comments?  (Read 5561 times)

nothing

LA Spas... any comments?
« on: February 26, 2007, 09:19:31 pm »
I've been shopping and shopping and shopping for a hot tub, we looked at so many different vendors and the best bang for the buck we found locally seemed to be a 2006 display model at LA Spas, it had all the extras we wanted and the price was right, so we bought it. It hasn't arrived yet and I was doing some more online research and stumbled upon some reviews (which are hard to find, in general for hot tubs) and they were all really really bad. So now I'm really nervous that I just bought a junk hot tub, does anyone here have an LA Spa or have any comments in regards to them? Good or bad, I guess....

Hot Tub Forum

LA Spas... any comments?
« on: February 26, 2007, 09:19:31 pm »

In Canada eh

Re: LA Spas... any comments?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 09:40:12 pm »
I personally can't comment on LA spas because I am not familiar with them.  There are a couple of LA owners that frequent this site and they seem to be happy with their tubs.  I would imagine that they are a good middle of the road tub and I don't think you should worry

Happy Hot Tubbing :)
Bullfrog 451

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 10:17:50 pm »
I personally can't comment on LA spas because I am not familiar with them.  

I would imagine that they are a good middle of the road tub

Now see, I gotta ask. Why would youi say they're a "middle of the road tub", when you begin by saying your not familiar with them ???
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

dunerunner25

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 11:39:02 pm »
Someone didnt do their home work  :-[ and I smell a fight >:(

CraigW

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 01:29:31 am »
We've had an LA Spa for 4 years now, and have absolutely no complaints. If you wet tested and liked it better than others, and it fits your budget, then don't worry, you didn't buy a junk hot tub IMHO. Don't know that I've ever seen an LA review that was "really, really bad". We wet tested a bunch of tubs and ended up with the LA and no regrets.  
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 01:30:56 am by CraigW »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 07:22:35 am »

Looks like there are several happy LA Spa owners on this site.

Congrats on your new purchase and happy tubbing!

In 1976, L.A. Spas became one of the first pioneers to utilize modern
day techniques including vacuum forming spa shells from acrylic utilizing
reinforced fiberglass, developing Reverse Mold Technology (RMT), recessing
therapy jets, adding pillows for comfort, integrating fiber optic lighting for mood
and style - thus developing the modern day “Hot Tub” or “Spa.”

These enhancementschanged the shape and feel of how true hydrotherapy,
total relaxation, and luxurious leisure lifestyle comfort could be obtained in
a spa. Today, L.A. Spas is recognized as one of highest quality and
most innovative pioneers of the “Modern Day Hot Tub.” L.A. Spas is celebrating
29 years of building only the highest quality, custom featured hot tubs in the world.

L.A. Spas offers the most advanced jet systems, plumbing configurations,
and premium options available on the market.

http://www.laspas.com/

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 05:52:51 pm »
Welcome to Spatopia.

May you soak long and prosper.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 06:56:40 pm »
Everything, :)
Congratulations!
You can find bad reviews for any tub, so don't worry about it. More people respond if something bad goes wrong on a tub than when things are a-ok.
I'm sure what ever tub you chose was the right one for you and that's all that really matters.
What model did you purchase?
When is delivery and I(we) would like to see some pics if possible, once you get things set-up?

Welcome to spatopia 8-)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 09:01:17 pm by WHY_NOT »

nothing

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 08:41:40 am »
Well thank you everyone for putting my mind to ease!

I bought the HEET, loaded with upgrades, did not wet test since I really didn't know I could. This was my first spa purchase to go along with the first house I own, and nearly purchased on the one year anniversary from the date my wife and I moved in.

Still need to get the 220 line run and I'm re-doing my patio with flagstone this week so it should be late next week when it finally gets installed. Have to have it crane lifted in because it is too big for the access gate to my yard.  :(

So back to wet testing, we seriously could have taken a bathing suit in and hopped in the spa in the store? Doesn't anyone feel weird doing that? I guess I should feel weird not, but still... didn't think that was a normal practice of hot tub purchasing - like I said, first time spa buyer.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 09:56:12 am »

i wonder what percentage of all tub buyers "wet test"?

ya think 20% do?

redwright

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 10:33:23 am »
That's our favorite part of this whole quest for the perfect spa! 2 feet of snow (check) four wheel drive (check) swimming suits (check) and WET TEST!

My husband said last night that the only thing that would make it more fun would be to drag a six pack along with us.

I wonder if anyone has tried THAT!

Congrats on your purchase!!

Red

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 11:08:44 am »
My husband said last night that the only thing that would make it more fun would be to drag a six pack along with us.

My love, hast thou not heard with thine own ears?  'Tis a far better thing to ply your farthings with a merchant thus manifested with likened spirits and bountiful mead than be put upon to bring thy own!  It doth make my head twitter when I think of thy angst, my love, in dealing with such wretched souls!  Seek ye towards th' South, and the ray of light that shines from thence, to see the blessed splendour that illuminates thine heart and warms thy very blood....

Much Ado About No Beer, Scene 7, Act 3.5% Alcohol by volume
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 11:09:49 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

anne

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 02:48:59 am »
It is already purchased, right?

I personally enjoyed my wet testing of the LA spas, except that I was too short to fit well in some of the seats.

They are a well regarded brand, and I think that the HEET is one of their "snazzier" tubs, so just enjoy it!!!!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

nothing

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 08:33:21 am »
It is already purchased, right?

I personally enjoyed my wet testing of the LA spas, except that I was too short to fit well in some of the seats.

They are a well regarded brand, and I think that the HEET is one of their "snazzier" tubs, so just enjoy it!!!!!!

Yeah, already purchased. In all honesty I got upsold a little bit on the HEET, but that was mostly my wife's fault because she was recently in a car accident and has a lot of back problems and this tub has this one seat with 30 some odd jets going up and down either side of the spine as well as jets that shoot down from out of the water onto your neck, so she got all excited about that seat, in fact, I don't think I'll ever get to use it myself.

anne

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 10:14:34 am »

Yeah, already purchased. In all honesty I got upsold a little bit on the HEET, but that was mostly my wife's fault because she was recently in a car accident and has a lot of back problems and this tub has this one seat with 30 some odd jets going up and down either side of the spine as well as jets that shoot down from out of the water onto your neck, so she got all excited about that seat, in fact, I don't think I'll ever get to use it myself.

Well, if you're concerned about comfort, but happy with the brand and the dealer, I wonder if it would be possible to go talk to him about this. The tub is ordered but not delivered, right? Maybe go to your dealer and say, "look, i guess I should have researched this a bit more before purchasing- could I wet test NOW before taking delivery?" Maybe another model will feel better, and maybe he'd be willing to order you something else if that is the case. Now, the danger is, that if you find you dont like the HEET or anything else in his store.....that will be a problem.

I really dont think you'll *dislike* it, and it should be a quality tub.

Where's Bama? She loves her LA tub.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 10:14:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42